Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Old 08-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
acteg

GoPro seal - tighter on one side

Anyone else notice that the gopro seals much tighter on one side than the other? Do you think this is a design flaw? I flooded 2 gopro 4s, both had the seal pop out on the weaker side ( looked like a loop sticking out of the case). I've got a gopro 3+ now and noticed it has the same issue. You can easily press the seal tighter on the weaker side. I'm wondering if back rolling in with the camera on my mask, where the back of the case hits the water and compresses and then decompresses may be what is causing my flooding issues. Food for thought...
acteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Re: GoPro seal - tighter on one side

I don't trust the new cases. Lots of older ones still available and much more durable. Also, make sure you test your cases before putting a new camera in one. One of your old flooded bodies work well as test dummies.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
doc91
gilles

I'm pretty sure I posted about this a while back,

the GoPro 4 stock housing WILL flood. I thankfully noticed condensation on the inside of the housing while freediving with the camera on a pole and not on my head where I would not have noticed.

I purchased the dive housing from them and have had no issues whatsoever
doc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
mc diver 36

I have the 3+[black]with the stock housing, I've been using a heavy rubber band around it to make sure that cheap looking clip doesn't come open, so far so good, but I am planning to buy the dive housing ASAP also when I close it, I press evenly around the case to make sure the o ring is seated to evenly.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
acteg

I guess I have a little heartburn in having to shell out another $50 for the dive case when the stock case is supposed to be waterproof to 130'. I'm not exceeding these depths and I didn't have this issue with the previous clasp designs.
acteg is offline   Reply With Quote