Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Arrow Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Down a Drone Over His Property

Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Down a Drone Over His Property

| TIME

http://time.com/3977166/drone-shooting-down-kentucky/

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:27 AM   #2
MeTo

Re: Kentucky Man Arrested for Shooting Down a Drone Over His Property

I don't blame him. You don't know what the intention was.
MeTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #3
SEATUX

He should go for a trial by jury..
I'd find him innocent...
And pin a medal on him for it!
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #4
kwtony
Snorkel Master

The 'anti drone' agenda is strong with this one....

Ive seen this story 3 times, with 3 slightly different version, now they all seem to be the same....now the uninformed hates quadracopters that much more...

Freedumb yall

Last edited by kwtony; 08-03-2015 at 07:40 AM.
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #5
Mooseknuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
The 'anti drone' agenda is strong with this one....

Ive seen this story 3 times, with 3 slightly different version, now they all seem to be the same....now the uninformed hates quadracopters that much more...

Freedumb yall
Not trying to be a smart ass at all but, there are many solid reasons for the "anti-drone agenda". There are many corporations very actively throwing fortunes into pushing the use of drones so as to replace tax paying human jobs.
The concern over airspace is legit but, of far greater concern (aside from the loss of jobs) is also smuggling, murder, and potential terrorist attacks. Small, cheap, and easily altered rc copters pose a huge threat to the job market. They don't eat, pay rent/mortgage, have kids to support, don't need an education, insurance, don't go shopping, etc. All these things hurt us all.
To have a healthy economy, a nation has to keep people working and spending the money it earns. Drones/robots/automation can do many amazing things. That is exactly the reason they are so dangerous to our economy.
Mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:48 AM   #6
SpearoTastic
Homebound Spearo

Update for this story...Judge dismisses charges...

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30354128/j...hot-down-drone

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". - Andy Rooney

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. - Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON
SpearoTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:52 AM   #7
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
Not trying to be a smart ass at all but, there are many solid reasons for the "anti-drone agenda". There are many corporations very actively throwing fortunes into pushing the use of drones so as to replace tax paying human jobs.
The concern over airspace is legit but, of far greater concern (aside from the loss of jobs) is also smuggling, murder, and potential terrorist attacks. Small, cheap, and easily altered rc copters pose a huge threat to the job market. They don't eat, pay rent/mortgage, have kids to support, don't need an education, insurance, don't go shopping, etc. All these things hurt us all.
To have a healthy economy, a nation has to keep people working and spending the money it earns. Drones/robots/automation can do many amazing things. That is exactly the reason they are so dangerous to our economy.
I guess luddites (look it up) will never cease to exist. A basic course in economics and the source of high standards of living is in order for you. Technology lowers the cost of goods and services far more than it reduces wages. Technology that replaces workers is always a net benefit for society. Do you still want us producing cloth with hand looms?

Having said that, I hate drones when they invade people's privacy, and when they do, shooting them down is in order.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #8
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Lol this thread just went full retard. Quit the fear mongering and please turn off the tellvision, its not doing you any good...

You walk into stores or anywhere out in public (including highways and roads) with 100-10000 security cameras above your head, you walk around with at least 2 of them in your gps tracked cell phone, one always pointing at you. Yall are worried about a made up agenda behind an rc toy. turn off the tell-a-vison

Autonomous flight has been going on for quite some time, its all just a bastardized form of military tech. There is a HUGE difference between a drone and a quadracopter.

Last edited by kwtony; 11-03-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #9
Mooseknuckle

I don't own a television. I also wouldn't have referred to you as a retard. I don't believe I said anything about being paranoid about cameras pointing at me either.
As for the comparing me with the Luddites, you're way off. I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation that is very actively researching rc technology with the sole purpose of cutting jobs. Relating that to your "basic course in economics" how much taxes will quadrocopters pay in this bright new future of yours? I pay a LOT.
Mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #10
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Id like to just say first and foremost that Im retarded for even posting in this thread...

BTW "Mr multi billion dollar company" I never said YOU were retarded, I was simply implying that yet another one of these complete and utterly pointless threads that spearmax throws up here is headed in that direction.
Why did you even feel the need to revive this thread, did you just want to tell the world about your amazing job you have with some big company, or is there something else you need to get off your chest? When i was 17 I worked for a company that had over 30 Billion dollars in sales, those memories at Publix were great.

Last edited by kwtony; 11-03-2015 at 07:51 AM.