Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Old 12-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Ric

Polar Pro Filter and Macro Lens

Hi all,

Santa came already and got me a Polar Pro Magenta Filter and Macro lens for my Hero 3+ Silver

The Polar Pro site has no information for best settings !!! and there is no instruction with the products. I don't have any experience with these things,
So, I try my questions here.

About the filter.
It is the Magenta made for 'green water', 12 to 75', 4 to 25 meters.
First, I 'll never free dive as deep as 25 meters and actually I rarely go as deep as 4 meters but sometimes it must happen. So you wonder why I bought the filter if it is only useful 20% of the time ? because the water is green from Algae Bloom. It has been green from August to....October, perhaps even now (December). See what I mean:
So I figure it may help even at shallow depth. Is it correct ?
BUT
1) will I get a red hue in my videos when I get a depth shallower than 12 feet (in Green Algae water) ? the sensor is supposed to correct for Red, right, so I assume that the answer is NO. Even out of the water I should get white balanced, correct ?
2) is it necessary to shoot in 30 fps, instead of 60fps, to compensate for the dimmer light? That'd suck because I am very shaky in my videos. 30 fps is not good to me.
3) would the Red filter been better than the Magenta ?

About the MACRO LENSE
There is absolutely no instructions on the polar pro web site.
My biggest issue is the best settings I should use on the Hero3+ Silver :
Wide, Medium, Narrow ?
I usually shoot in Medium, without the lens. I wonder if it would make sense to shoot in narrow to have the maximum zoom effect ?
Anything else ?

If you don't know, not big deal, i'll try in a small river. It's just a lot of comparisons to do so if someone has some experience in the matter, I'd appreciate.

Last edited by Ric; 12-18-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: remove the s
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote