Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 06-08-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
heybuddies

Looking for freedivers to help fill my boat

I free dive/spearfish regularly out of St. Petersburg (depart from John's Pass), and looking for fellow free divers to join and split gas, etc. PM me if you are interested.

PS - going out this Tuesday, June 10th, and have room as of now...
heybuddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
cldomson1
Converted freediver...

Re: Looking for freedivers to help fill my boat

You might want to describe your experience, your boat, how you split gas and fish and chores, and how deep you go and how long you stay out.

You can also join a local dive club. The Spucs and TBSC have lots of freedivers.

C
Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
heybuddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldomson1 View Post
You might want to describe your experience, your boat, how you split gas and fish and chores, and how deep you go and how long you stay out.

You can also join a local dive club. The Spucs and TBSC have lots of freedivers.

C
Thanks for your suggestions cldomson1.

Additional information - I am comfortable diving up to 60'. I have been diving since I was in middle school but sold my Dusky 8 years ago when I got married and just started back in the sport about a year ago.
I am in a boat club now and have a range of boats available up to 26' (taking a 26' twin Bluewater Cat out Tuesday). I nearly always due all day trips but sometimes end earlier if someone on board needs to be in by a certain time.

Gas, ice and boat cleaning is split evenly among all on the boat (including me). I've never had a problem bringing home more than enough fish, so I am open to how we divide up our catch. We typically just divide pretty evenly among all who went out.
heybuddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Freedivebuddy

I was looking for freedive buddies to dive Buford springs if anyone is interested?. I hear it is awesome... ,not easy to get to... out in the middle of a swamp. West of 75 and north of Tampa. I'm level 2 cert. I dive Blue spring (Orlando) often 90+ft. I can dive just about any day (for the next 3 weeks).
Freedivebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote