Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs

Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs Information that relates to the LCUDC is posted here for discussion.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
mrfish87
Fisch-Mörder

2006 Hell Divers Rodeo

It's just past midnight and the HDR 06 is on. Anybody doing a little night diving??. I hope to see many of you guys out there on Sunday at the weigh in. The weather is looking great and I anticipate many big fish being brought in to the scales. Come join the crew for cold beer and great fun on Sunday. See ya'll there.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Re: 2006 Hell Divers Rodeo

The "Orion" boat will be there with part of its crew.

Good luck to you all!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #3
ROCK BOTTOM

Hey Robbie,

You beat me to it. I am stuck driving my desk this morning but we are going to hit it tomorrow and Saturday hard. Finally got the good word that the boat is ready and will pick it up this afternoon.

The forecast is for 1 foot today, 2 foot tomorrow and 1 foot again Saturday (last I checked) and should be a banner year for the Rodeo. Lots of big fish have been taken lately and there are plenty more out there.

Safe diving for all. And wear some protection - sunscreen not condoms.

The Keys Mobile Diving team is in Venice and the San Diego group is in as well. I have six spearguns, sixteen tanks and six hundred pounds of ice ready to go. The wife is gunning hard for the Queen title this year. She won it in '04 but got smoked last year. She really wants to win again as well as making a run at Claire D. for the Council Queen.

Sunday is going to be great, I have two bottles of the good Captain's finest ready to rock. Spin the cap off, throw it on the ground. Won't be needing it any more. And to any who may take our Bacchanalian fest as slightly juvenille, you will probably die a boring, disappointed old man who never had any fun in life. Ha! Live band - good music, bad music, long as the music is loud it's gonna be a good time.

We will have shirts, hats and Tiddy's (beer coozies) for sale as well as beer and food.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Joe Wegmann

Dont feel bad steve im still at work myself, i feel like a kid on the last day of school before summer break staring at the clock, tick tock, tick tock!!! damn clients cant live with 'em cant live without 'em

TONIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST IN THE
LATE EVENING. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. PROTECTED WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY
WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. PROTECTED
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
ROCK BOTTOM

Just talked to Mark Peart. Mark, the Rok, Nobile and Wil went to the west on a mookie hunt and loaded up on Cuda, Jacks and other Rodeo fish today. Keys Mobile Diver and his crew followed them out and ran long for some good fish, too. I not sure of the diver (Chris?), but they had a real nice 40+# gag and some other fish. They were just finishing dinner when I called. Weather was beautiful, current was light and viz was good. I also heard that Sammy Romano and the group he was with went to MP299 to the east and found a 15' surface murk but beautiful blue water underneath all the way to the bottom. They loaded up on meat fish, didn't see any rodeo fish. There was little to no current out there unlike two weeks ago when it would literally rip the mask off of your face down to about 120'. Tomorrow and Saturday look to be 2 foot seas or less and very nice weather.

Later.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote