Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
chuckschultz15

Cabo San Lucas February 23rd to March 3rd

Hi I'll be heading to Cabo to do some spearfishing during the dates listed. I haven't been there before and am looking to get to know the area since my family has started going down there yearly. I'd like to do some shore dives and hire pangas a few times if I can find some other reasonable folks to split costs with.

I'm relatively new to spearfishing, but I spent a week at it in hawaii and went a time or two in florida previously. I have my own gear and have been reading everything freedive/spearfishing related I can get my hands on and been swimming/getting in shape in preparation.

I'll be staying on the western edge of town and am planning to rent a car to explore. Any advice on places to go, what to expect given the time of year, good connections with local folks, general advice or experience would be much appreciated.
chuckschultz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:46 AM   #2
renepotvin

Re: Cabo San Lucas February 23rd to March 3rd

That will be snapper season. It can be a bit windy but you can find a protected side most of the time.

I dive the La Paz area. Don't know much about Cabo but there are plenty of charters (a bit pricy in Cabo).

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
chuckschultz15

Ya, I noticed the price of the charters in Cabo. I'll have to do some more reading about snapper. I've seen some nice ones on some of the prior threads.
chuckschultz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #4
renepotvin

The waters were pretty barren around La Paz these last few days but that changed today... clearer water and larger fish are showing up. I'm told this is the transition period. Mid Feb will probably be a good time.

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is offline   Reply With Quote