Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #31
SEATUX

Re: Looking to Buy New Speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankglass View Post
i agree. but i still think there is a nostalgic feeling with billers for the older spearos and thats a main reason you will never give them up.
if i was shooting fish in the 90's id prolly shoot a biller too
Have you ever shot a Biller?
I wont speak for Rob Allen,,, but I have shot both JBL and Biller on the same dive day...That is as fair a comparison as I can make...

How about you?
SEATUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #32
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankglass View Post
i agree. but i still think there is a nostalgic feeling with billers for the older spearos and thats a main reason you will never give them up.
if i was shooting fish in the 90's id prolly shoot a biller too
I agree with you both, its like the left and the right,Hatfield n McCoys,
Ford or Chevy etc.I grew up on JBL's , then shot Sea Hornets,similar to Biller and have over the years shot many guns.
I agree with Tony ,its not the arrow its the Indian,but but but , I do believe in
technology and for example the Spearfishing Specialty Rhino is way better than a Biller.Certain Koahs , Black Tips and Death Sticks shoot the eyes out of fish and can constantly shoot super straight .Some cant hit the side of a barn door, shitty build or demo models.Great example is a hand gun , 45 colt compared to a Glock,both shoot good but a Glock is lights out.There is something said for craftsmanship,flip phone or i phone,
some drive and like ford pintos and some with ride in a Cadillac.
Get my drift, to each his own but nothing beats technology,nothing.
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #33
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Nostalgia is definitely a part of it but also practicality. If I thought I'd make more money with anything else I'd do it.You don't even want to see the guns used by the guys I consider good spearfishermen.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #34
Shorediver

There are many good spearguns to choose from, so choose the one that makes you happy. Don't buy one just because someone is trying to make money from you or someone is convincing you to buy a speargun you don't like. With that said, I enjoy using my Riffe's and my oldest one works just like the day I bought it which was 15 years ago.
Shorediver is offline   Reply With Quote