Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #1816
VangysWay

Re: Malibu Conditions Permathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyanimal View Post
So I know this isn't at all the place to ask this kind of question, but does anyone have any idea how the conditions in Malibu are? I know it's off topic but I'm going for a dive tomorrow with a buddy and I just wanted to know what it's like out there.
East of Dume was nice yesterday, I would dive East over West currently. You should find some decent conditions. Good luck
VangysWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #1817
Danyanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
East of Dume was nice yesterday, I would dive East over West currently. You should find some decent conditions. Good luck
Rad. If we do head out, it's gonna be a night dive so I'm shooting for the spots with better conditions. Thanks bro!
Danyanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:27 PM   #1818
laguna80
El Capitan

Quote:
So I know this isn't at all the place to ask this kind of question, but does anyone have any idea how the conditions in Malibu are? I know it's off topic but I'm going for a dive tomorrow with a buddy and I just wanted to know what it's like out there.
lol dude, stick to a relevant topic.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 PM   #1819
VangysWay

Quote:
Rad. If we do head out, it's gonna be a night dive so I'm shooting for the spots with better conditions. Thanks bro!
I'm going tonight, I'll let you know how it is
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #1820
Danyanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
I'm going tonight, I'll let you know how it is
It'd be well appreciated, good luck!
Danyanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #1821
newbiee1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Yard-Sale Josh" View Post
About time this thread got derailed. The amount of divers hitting Malibu has doubled or tripled in the past year.
I really wish you fools would make a closed Facebook group or something, the lurking masses can F themselves.
Yeah, even the ocaquaninjas are in malibu...
newbiee1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #1822
mfarrell

It's actually the closure of Dume and other large areas that have concentrated the newbies.
mfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #1823
BenGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainphrame View Post
If anyone of you wants to have an offseason comp with me, hit me up. Biggest Calico stringer only. Winner gets a 12 pack of whatever.
Hmmm do they sell 12 packs of good tequila...
BenGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #1824
SeaCured
First Nation Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrell View Post
It's actually the closure of Dume and other large areas that have concentrated the newbies.
Malibu was getting far less pressure than it is now only a year ago.
SeaCured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #1825
mikenator5000

Conditions look like they might be good Thursday. Anyone up for a bug dive around 8pm, preferably to the east? PM me if you're interested.

-Mike
mikenator5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #1826
VangysWay

Went out East of Dume last night right at the high tide. Decent conditions past the surf. Opened up to 15-20 feet of viz in some spots. Had a huge sea lion scare to me ****ing death, I swear he did it on purpose and was laughing at me. Shore break was pounding. Saw one hali and one bug, both as tiny as can be

Last edited by VangysWay; 01-21-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:04 PM   #1827
BenGreen

Was thinking about heading out tmr, but with this offshore wind and monster tide I am not so sure.
BenGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #1828
mainphrame

Location: Your so called secret spots and places your momma wont let you go to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCured View Post
Malibu was getting far less pressure than it is now only a year ago.
Because of this permathread, glad they closed the PV one.
mainphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:14 PM   #1829
mainphrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompoc Local View Post
You're on Leo. Let's throw in that $500 from last year too!

I had to start this winter season with a bang bang since you guys were so obedient. Lets roll Ribs to Catalina. I want to race you again, lol. Last we had two 18 packs on my rib. You guys had wheat thins.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:32 AM   #1830
mainphrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCured View Post
"He's" more or less the scum at the bottom of the dive community, as he's made an enemy out of most, and those he hasn't just sit back and laugh at him while he toots his own horn. I guess what I'm trying to say is that' he's completely harmless, although by doing the worst thing he could think of (saying my real name without permission...although a lot of people on here already know it) and by repeatedly trying to call out my friends in the past, he's really starting to rub me the wrong way.

"He" gets away with it all because he seems to live in his own little reality. While he talks a big game, acts like he's an even remotely competent diver, and seems like he's some macho man, nothing could be further from the truth. A few examples are as follows, and to let him save a little bit of face, I will leave a couple of the worst things out. I know I'll probably regret/delete this pretty quickly, but there is some context the newer guys to this board should know.

A) He's a complete drunk. Go look back over about half of his posts and you will see that absolutely none of it makes sense. While I'm more inclined to go do more worthwhile things in that state of mind than rant on SB and try to inflate my ego, I've been there before and personally pardon him for it and look forward to the laughs it brings me. Additionally, he's been known to drunk dial people and cry through the phone to them about his issues with the dive community...repeatedly.

B) He really can't dive, and doesn't have the faintest clue what he's talking about (other than what his landlord--my diving mentor--and others tell him). In fact, one of the funniest stories I heard was of him inviting a bunch of guys on his "RIB" (really a soft bottom inflatable with removable floor panels) at COunty Line. Despite being a pretty easy spot to swim to, he launched it through the surf with oars somehow and confided himself to telling the people he dove with stories about shooting WSB and YT (he's only R/R caught ONE WSB and that's it), and then when he DID get in the water, he mostly just treaded water while he hung onto the side of his glorified pool toy and chain smoked cigs. When I went with him once it wasn't much different...

C) He's got a few screws loose. For example, he still tries to pull the macho diver card when he can't back up what he says with pics even though he's got a boat and is supposedly always where the game fish are due to his "scouts and contacts." I even heard he posed with someone else's stringer in Baja .

D) He's a soft, middle-aged, obese, chain smoking alcoholic. Do you really think he could back himself up physically??!
Lets handle this, you apparently are the primo diver right? Im game anyday. Bring your boat, i still have the one that took you to the islands and you were crying insane Florida viz with your army bag.

And quit getting pissed when people like Tyler Vanderlip or Terrance didnt acknowledge you at the ramp SEAL. You have to get out there to gain respect. Shit I have crossed to the islands on my tender at least 60 times. I aint scared.

You shot a bunch of small sheephead the one time i took you there, didnt see any reason to keep you around, lol. At least get a big sheephead when i point them at you.

Say when, im game. I will tear you up. Who ever loses stays off spearboard forever Patrick Ferguson aka Seal aka seacured but you cant borrow my empty beer cans so you can smoke your weed homie.