Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 06-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
BlueOcean

LifeProof

Anyone have the LifeProof for iPhone? I think I am going to get it. Looks pretty durable and the camera on the iPhone is great.

Life Proof Case iphone 4s ocean videos - YouTube
BlueOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
navillusdm

Send a message via AIM to navillusdm
Re: LifeProof

my gf has one, great case waterproof up to 6ft took lots of pictures/videos in the pool and ocean with the kids.
navillusdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
BlueOcean

Oh, it's only good up to 6 feet? That sucks.

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/access...dphone-adapter

They also make waterproof headphones for those interested in listening to music while spearfishing.
BlueOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
vatobelow

I almost bought an IPhone just to have that piece of mind on the boat or beach with the kids...pretty cool case hoping they make something like that for the EVO. Does your girl have any problem with talking air listening on the phone cause of the water right seal?
vatobelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
LeMonstier

[QUOTE They also make waterproof headphones for those interested in listening to music while spearfishing.[/quote]

It would be fun to listen to the JAWS theme while spearfishing! Or Little Nemo sound track.
LeMonstier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I have case and only use it when im on the water. It kills the eirpiece colume an also photo quality with the plastic lens cover. If you want to take underwater photos, use a waterproof camera and not your cell phone. Of the 20 people i know that also use them, about half have had issues. I tested mine by submerging it in the sink overnight to see how it held up. No leaks, but i would still would not want to test its 10 ft range limit ever with my iphone as the tester. Too valuable... It also wont allow the proxy sensor to shut the screen off when you hold it to your face, so you can hit buttons with your ear or chin on accident. Liquipel works pretty good as well. But also not designed to submerge for any extended period of time. If u want something for freediving then buy something specific for that task, dont use your iphone...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
PeterCorreale
Sponsor-SpearfishingPanama

Send a message via AIM to PeterCorreale

I have the one on my iPhone, it's nice when using a navigation app while ur on the boat, and u need to touch ur phone with wet hands in between dives
PeterCorreale is offline   Reply With Quote