Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #61
waterwise

Re: weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedive4life View Post
Referring to the "It's Legal in CA" statements, you guys have no clue what you're talking about if you believe that. It is ILLEGAL in any form because FEDERAL LAW SUPERSEDES STATE LAW.
Please don't confuse the argument. We are not addressing state vs federal. That may be the case, but we are addressing California only. That argument is much more complex. In the state of California, its legal.

Quote:
...DEA agents wipe their asses with your prescription because its not shit to them.
Yes, should they actually be raiding peoples homes who do personal grows. That ended when Bush ended. Feds go after larger targets as directed by the Obama administration. No more patient home raids.

Quote:
Based on that information, I'd like to say that it should be available to those who need it for medical needs.
In my opinion, it should just be legal. Its safer than alcohol by a very very wide margin.
waterwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #62
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

people with PTSD high on pot....now there's a crazy analogy. and an even more idiotic way to say its ok to smoke illegal drugs.

Still the answer is no way do i want a person around me to smoke pot and dive together. not even smoke pot and dive.

just what medicinal benifits does smoking pot provide....ok let me answer that NOTHING! All it does is put people in states of numbness. Can you treat any diseases with pot? No!

Safer than alcohol ha that argument is older than you!

Legality it is not legal in California! If that were so why did the US government raid and shut down a bunch of these so called "legal" places just a couple years ago? Don't you think the US government just "tolerates" this? Of course it does.

Dope is for dopes!
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #63
waterwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
people with PTSD high on pot....now there's a crazy analogy. and an even more idiotic way to say its ok to smoke illegal drugs.
What analogy? No one gave an analogy. I offered reality, something that you are critically unaware of. Ahh, I see, you lack a necessary understanding as to what analogy means. I get it, you are the idiot. Only an idiot would confuse the term analogy. Cool...

Quote:
Still the answer is no way do i want a person around me to smoke pot and dive together. not even smoke pot and dive.
Again, no one gaf what you think. Keep it to yourself.

Quote:
just what medicinal benifits does smoking pot provide....ok let me answer that NOTHING! All it does is put people in states of numbness. Can you treat any diseases with pot? No!
http://search.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=0309071550
http://www.cannabismd.net/asthma/
http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Trea...rals/marijuana
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ana/index.aspx
http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/aids.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...ijuana/251466/

The studies are endless. The mere fact that so many medical organizations at least have interest in the substance should indicate that you are clueless.

Quote:
Safer than alcohol ha that argument is older than you!
That does not however, disprove the statement. It is safer than alcohol by a very very wide margin.

Quote:
Legality it is not legal in California! If that were so why did the US government raid and shut down a bunch of these so called "legal" places just a couple years ago? Don't you think the US government just "tolerates" this? Of course it does.
They shut down the collectives because the collectives were churning a profit. Something illegal to do. Please note that not all collectives have been raided, nor will all be raided. You do not understand the nuance in this area, just like with all other areas.

Quote:
Dope is for dopes!
Its cool, marijuana isn't dope. Likewise, that does not change the fact that your are completely off base and asinine.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #64
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

what diseases has pot cured? nothing

all it does is numb they symptoms of nausia, joint pain on and on. does it cure anything?? no

Signs of using marijuana include:

Rapid heart rate
Increased blood pressure
Increased rate of breathing
Red eyes
Dry mouth
Increased appetite, or "the munchies"
Slowed reaction time

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression

Hell its bad enough to have a completely sane individual as a diver partner

Do I want to add all the symptoms and effects of pot usage into someone I trust with my life and be around me with a loaded gun. Nope, not something I want or am gonna do.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
ReefGuy

Quote:

all it does is numb they symptoms of nausia, joint pain on and on. does it cure anything?? no
Morphine does not cure a thing. Morphine is used in a number of areas to improve quality of life for a patient who is in pain.

guess we shouldn't use it either. Nor Aspirin, Nor Vicoden, etc.
ReefGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #66
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

if a person is in so much pain or is so sick that he needs to smoke pot before diving he probably shouldnt be in the water anyways....

yeah this thread is really that stupid....
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #67
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefGuy View Post
Morphine does not cure a thing. Morphine is used in a number of areas to improve quality of life for a patient who is in pain.

guess we shouldn't use it either. Nor Aspirin, Nor Vicoden, etc.
point is all the pro pot guys preach that it cures all that ails you . like a town to town snake oil salesman . im sure it dose have some medicinal use , but you guys want it for recreational use and try to use the medicinal use as the cover for your addiction.
phil

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606

Last edited by phil herranen; 10-10-2012 at 10:43 AM.
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #68
BreathlessSight

All those medications you get are placebo's....

I dive way worse on it. I would shoot small fish thinking they were huge. I would shoot trash fish thinking they were some illusive predator. One time, I spent my dive day showing Ariel the magic sea cucumber.

Worst of all... The last time I did it, I died. Killing your body, altering your mind and distrupting effecient O2 flow wont get you all the things I thought I was getting. You're just making it harder for yourself.

Last edited by BreathlessSight; 10-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.
BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #69
Jabroney

Send a message via MSN to Jabroney

Dont even waste your keystrokes arguing with these sub-humans 2fishin2, they'll weed themselves out of the equation eventually. I'm not particularly against smoking pot (although I choose not to), but "smoking and diving" ...an attribute of idiocracy indeed.

...just dont "smoke and dive" anywhere near me and we're good.
Jabroney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #70
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroney View Post
Dont even waste your keystrokes arguing with these sub-humans 2fishin2, they'll weed themselves out of the equation eventually. I'm not particularly against smoking pot (although I choose not to), but "smoking and diving" ...an attribute of idiocracy indeed.

...just dont "smoke and dive" anywhere near me and we're good.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #71
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLeo View Post
It's legal in California? So I can just walk around smoking a joint and nobody will say or do anything about it? That's good to know.
You haven't been down the strand lately have you?
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #72
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra

Reading this thread makes me jeolous of those of you who see the world in black and white. It would make life so much easier.
Mike
Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #73
BreathlessSight

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
Reading this thread makes me jeolous of those of you who see the world in black and white. It would make life so much easier.
Mike
When I'm in the water, all I see is red... Very easy life.
BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #74
waterwise

Quote:
Where did you read cure? No one said it cured anything.. this statement is out of context.

Quote:
Do I want to add all the symptoms and effects of pot usage into someone I trust with my life and be around me with a loaded gun. Nope, not something I want or am gonna do.
Again, no one is saying this either. I certainly am not advocating being anything other than rested and sober on a deep and dangerous.

There is not one person on this thread who would seriously advocate getting wasted on anything and diving. Pretty much, the consensus is sobriety. I don't know why you would feel the need to inject other words into peoples mouths.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #75
waterwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
point is all the pro pot guys preach that it cures all that ails you . like a town to town snake oil salesman . im sure it dose have some medicinal use , but you guys want it for recreational use and try to use the medicinal use as the cover for your addiction.
phil
What makes you think that you can call people who use cannabis snake oil sales people and then in the next phrase admit the medical legitimacy of cannabis? Which page are you on? Nice argument, you don't know if your coming or going.... Not only should you be ashamed of your statement, you should be ashamed of your reasoning that lead to your statement, of which is poor.

Its not one persons business what someone does in their own home. Its not your job to cast judgement on an individual that uses it according to the law. You have no information on the health of that individual, and by claiming such broad and asinine statements like this you generalize an entire category of people of whom actually do see great benefits from its consumption.