Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Re: Dogsnapper or Schoolmaster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
Well, the regs are the way they are in order to protect the fish stocks. Nobody loves the regs but upon review, we know they have to be that way in order to preserve the fish stocks so that future generations will be able to enjoy what we spearfisher persons have today. We have an ever increasing pressure on fish stocks, so that means that over time, regulations will most likely have to increase. I don't like it either but do know that it is necessary if we are to have anything for our kids and future generations. To prove a point, just go to anywhere in the Carribaean and dive and you will see what I am saying.
Agreed! But some would argue the way in which these rules and regs come about is unscientific and unfounded. In some cases I agree - On the other hand people are greedy and need to be policed from depleting fish stocks entirely. We have all seen numerous pics of guys with no commercial license who are sometimes harvesting three, four, or more groupers per week - continually. If you have not seen it you are not looking.

I have 5 in my family - we eat fish often. I even give away fish fairly often and host big fish fry parties with extended family and friends. I can only imagine how stocked my freezer COULD be if I took another limit before eating the last limits up - Takes alot of mediocre snappers and sheepshead to equal the meat on ONE legal grouper a phin or a cobia. Most of my diving is done from shore - Which is fine by me. A few good boat rides and I'd be at my possession limit on almost all fishes. I get to dive alot but get to shoot very little in most cases. I like the ocean - Meat is just a bonus for me.

I tend to believe the real problem is greed and people harvesting multiple possession limits, which BTW is very hard to enforce. You ever meet anyone with a freezer full of lobster tails for sale? I have... 10 buck a piece for normal sized ones and it goes up from there. Ever heard of peeps "giving" fish or running thier catch to a commercial guys house? I have (and they DO get paid)... Ever hear of anyone selling fish to sushi shops or just people in general? I have - Anyone ever hear someone quote the price of AJ on the boat after coming up with a brute? What are there intentions? Anyone ever offered to BUY your fish? - I have people asking me all the time and I shoot mostly garbage fish compared to many of you. I'd might even be tempted in my poor state of finances - But for me, doing the right thing seems to keep the devil at the door and not in the house!

I've been living playing and working in Florida LESS than two years - As an outsider looking in I can plainly see a big part of the real problem. There is even a cable television show "ocean force" I think it is that has enough tape of crazy stuff to make a weekly series out of Florida's outlaw "sportsmen" and their antics! Not to mention the show "Cops" which almost its entire history of shows is filmed right here in sunny Florida!

In my home state we have a deep seated distrust for the "DNR" as well - And very confusing regs for hunting and fishing - But "Johnny Law" is a much kinder gentler force there and for the most part finding a "violator" is hard work for them. if someone IS caught for poaching ANYTHING it makes big news - Pic in the paper - Maybe even on TV - We ALL know who they are then. They just aren't on every other boat and in every other parcel of woods there like they seemingly are here.

Not dissing the state - I love Florida - But if it had no ocean I'd have been gone within weeks after arriving here - We ARE infact looking for greener pastures and bluer water - But I have atleast two years left here before we go to our final destination to live, build a new business, and raise our children. We'll make the best of it - But until then my dreams are in the Fijian islands, The Island Nation of Tonga, New Zealand, or possibly even Mozambique if the economy keeps improving there.

Thanks once again for the Schoolmaster confirmation everyone - A certain "pro" is still in denial. A person who's judgement I would normally agree with whole heartedly has failed me. I guess when you combine big ego with experience sometimes ignorance is the result. But yeah - I knew that already too! lol

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 08-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #17
DocShock
local yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O ADDICTION View Post
Agreed! But some would argue the way in which these rules and regs come about is unscientific and unfounded. In some cases I agree - On the other hand people are greedy and need to be policed from depleting fish stocks entirely. We have all seen numerous pics of guys with no commercial license who are sometimes harvesting three, four, or more groupers per week - continually. If you have not seen it you are not looking.

I have 5 in my family - we eat fish often. I even give away fish fairly often and host big fish fry parties with extended family and friends. I can only imagine how stocked my freezer COULD be if I took another limit before eating the last limits up - Takes alot of mediocre snappers and sheepshead to equal the meat on ONE legal grouper a phin or a cobia. Most of my diving is done from shore - Which is fine by me. A few good boat rides and I'd be at my possession limit on almost all fishes. I get to dive alot but get to shoot very little in most cases. I like the ocean - Meat is just a bonus for me.

I tend to believe the real problem is greed and people harvesting multiple possession limits, which BTW is very hard to enforce. You ever meet anyone with a freezer full of lobster tails for sale? I have... 10 buck a piece for normal sized ones and it goes up from there. Ever heard of peeps "giving" fish or running thier catch to a commercial guys house? I have (and they DO get paid)... Ever hear of anyone selling fish to sushi shops or just people in general? I have - Anyone ever hear someone quote the price of AJ on the boat after coming up with a brute? What are there intentions? Anyone ever offered to BUY your fish? - I have people asking me all the time and I shoot mostly garbage fish compared to many of you. I'd might even be tempted in my poor state of finances - But for me, doing the right thing seems to keep the devil at the door and not in the house!

I've been living playing and working in Florida LESS than two years - As an outsider looking in I can plainly see a big part of the real problem. There is even a cable television show "ocean force" I think it is that has enough tape of crazy stuff to make a weekly series out of Florida's outlaw "sportsmen" and their antics! Not to mention the show "Cops" which almost its entire history of shows is filmed right here in sunny Florida!

In my home state we have a deep seated distrust for the "DNR" as well - And very confusing regs for hunting and fishing - But "Johnny Law" is a much kinder gentler force there and for the most part finding a "violator" is hard work for them. if someone IS caught for poaching ANYTHING it makes big news - Pic in the paper - Maybe even on TV - We ALL know who they are then. They just aren't on every other boat and in every other parcel of woods there like they seemingly are here.

Not dissing the state - I love Florida - But if it had no ocean I'd have been gone within weeks after arriving here - We ARE infact looking for greener pastures and bluer water - But I have atleast two years left here before we go to our final destination to live, build a new business, and raise our children. We'll make the best of it - But until then my dreams are in the Fijian islands, The Island Nation of Tonga, New Zealand, or possibly even Mozambique if the economy keeps improving there.

Thanks once again for the Schoolmaster confirmation everyone - A certain "pro" is still in denial. A person who's judgement I would normally agree with whole heartedly has failed me. I guess when you combine big ego with experience sometimes ignorance is the result. But yeah - I knew that already too! lol
Wow...

www.UrgentCareChiro.com
Treasure Coast's Hometown Chiropractors!
772-343-8511

Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocShock View Post
Wow...
Wow what? So I type fast and like people to be WELL informed - Is there a problem Brett?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
Shallow•Hunter
MURKCREW

And the drama continues.....
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #20
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow•Hunter View Post
And the drama continues.....
First off "kiss my hairy ass" Fred - This is drama? All I did was post up a pic of my FIRST schoolmaster snapper of any stature. I was proud of it and posted it on my own effing page. Then moments later I was "put down" by some "pro" stating it was NOT A SCHOOLMASTER - and it was a SMALL dog snapper....Really? WTF? Then ignoramus' agreeing. THAT IS DRAMA and TOTAL BS!

Well known and well intended people here have proven otherwise though - Obvious it is a "large for the area" schoolmaster snapper.... But maybe because it's not all opinions coming from a single group of "tight knit pompous dicks"... Some people would have never looked twice because the "Great One" said it was so - and they didn't!!! So WTF Fred? I proved him wrong and then added to my disgust with the state of affairs concerning our fisheries here. I don't want people shooting tiny dog snappers either!!! a 14" SM snapper IS QUITE LARGE by most standards. Yeah the guy accusing me of shooting a SMALL dog snapper pissed me right off for sure. I was proud of my cool "little" fish.

And yeah - The drama DOES continue.... What a cluster really. Oh and BTW STILL waiting on the club money, paperwork, and shirts and any leftover prizes Mr. Appointed - Have you spoken with the "unofficial" treasurer yet? I need to get people their dues back (pro-rated) and get a check to the Wounded Warriors Project... SO I CAN BE DONE WITH THIS BS - My detective buddy called me earlier today and just asked if I'm still having issues and is urging me to file a complaint asap... Hmmmmm.....

You can turn this into a shit storm right here right now. It's been done before and I fire back quite hard - Good entertainment for the masses too. I am who I am and if YOU don't like it why even talk shit - Leave me be. I have lots to say and it will be seen by EVERYONE not just the few assholes who disagree with WHATEVER it is I say. Get it? Got it? Good! I sure hope so.

If you can't see the big picture here you're as blind as a bat - It's all about expanding the horizons of a few un named companies, their buddies companies, setting up a stage for themselves and more insider bullshit - these folks have very little interest in making this sport better for you - or me. Just more profitable for THEM and their friends. You've been groomed and given mass amounts of the kool-aid Fred. Mark my words - you'll see soon enough.

I didn't get where I am today being a dummy or following other peoples advice. I did not build and sell businesses and start clubs and NP organizations because I'm crazy or stupid - I am successful because I can see beyond the bullshit. I can predict the next move. I can see a storm coming. However as of late I am finding it best to "keep it to myself" because the world is an ignorant place and I am just wasting my time here and with folks the likes of you!

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 08-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
B Lang

[quote=H2O ADDICTION;1695548]

our fisheries here.

QUOTE]

I find it funny you call it "ours". You move here just months ago saying how great it is then you say how much you hate FL and everyone here, if you don't like it then leave, but don't call it "ours" when your gone to wherever it is you go next.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
DocShock
local yocal

[quote=B Lang;1695562]
Quote:

our fisheries here.

QUOTE]

I find it funny you call it "ours". You move here just months ago saying how great it is then you say how much you hate FL and everyone here, if you don't like it then leave, but don't call it "ours" when your gone to wherever it is you go next.
x1000

www.UrgentCareChiro.com
772-343-8511

Old 08-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

[quote=B Lang;1695562]
Quote:

our fisheries here.

QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHA the TRUTH comes out ATLAST!!!!! And from the mouth of a commercial tank spearo and his hometown cracker buddy... And therein lies a BIG BIG BIG part of the problem - YOU CRACKERS OWN THE FISH AND THE LAND AND THE SEA HERE! Atleast you THINK you do!

Can't have pasty white northerners coming down here and starting clubs and shit right? Taking your fish right? Letting the world know about the rampant poaching and law breaking here - mostly by said "crackers" LOL! (cops and other cable shows already do a good job of it really) seems you guys can screw up a wet dream without even trying - or even realizing it for that matter!

Keep exposing your BS - Soon enough people will see through your bigoted ways - Infact MANY of us already do. It's SO EASY to see you'd have to be blind to NOT see!

Oh and BTW - Even some so called "crackers" see things my way. So they are not all ignorant - Even though Florida schools rank continually well below the nations average. Infact almost at rock bottom. That FACT alone speaks volumes to me.

I'm trying to improve shit - let people see the light - But if you've been to busy basking in the glow of the hot Florida sun your whole lives, and tossing back Busch products, and eating the biggest mercury filled fish and lobsters that live in the sea since you were born, your brain might just a little be too fried to understand....

Now.... I actually have real shit to do that makes a difference and matters. This is more or less of an ongoing feud and a game. We can play again tomorrow if you wish....I've slammed enough ass for one day. Continue on if you even dare to waste more bandwidth and get more shit from me.

PS - I've been here two years now (not two months lol!) and much of my family since before you were even born. Just shows how ignorant you really are.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 08-06-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #24
morey_b
10" Member

Quote:
And therein lies a BIG BIG BIG part of the problem -YOU CRACKERS OWN THE FISH AND THE LAND AND THE SEA HERE! Atleast you THINK you do!

Keep exposing your BS - Soon enough people will see through your bigoted ways - It's SO EASY to see you'd have to be blind to NOT see!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Hank49

[quote=H2O ADDICTION;1695570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Lang View Post

AHAHAHAHAHA the TRUTH comes out ATLAST!!!!! And from the mouth of a commercial tank spearo and his hometown cracker buddy... And therein lies a BIG BIG BIG part of the problem - YOU CRACKERS OWN THE FISH AND THE LAND AND THE SEA HERE! Atleast you THINK you do!
I'm not from Florida but I will tell you this. Being a newcomer there, relatively, you're probably seriously decreasing your chances of getting invited out on someone's boat there to spearfish.....just in case that hadn't occured to you....

And I vote schoolmaster too.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
DocShock
local yocal

[quote=Hank49;1695610]
Quote:

I'm not from Florida but I will tell you this. Being a newcomer there, relatively, you're probably seriously decreasing your chances of getting invited out on someone's boat there to spearfish.....just in case that hadn't occured to you....

I think he's got an open invite on Jobert's boat...

www.UrgentCareChiro.com
772-343-8511

Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #27
chris d

I ain't ever had a problem with the guy ......always welcomed aboard my boat
Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #28
AndrewK

Im picking your post apart here bigtime.

Quote:

Can't have pasty white northerners coming down here and starting clubs and shit right? Taking your fish right? Letting the world know about the rampant poaching and law breaking here - mostly by said "crackers" LOL! (cops and other cable shows already do a good job of it really) seems you guys can screw up a wet dream without even trying - or even realizing it for that matter!

I think you took b-langs post way outta context first of all. I think he's hinting at the fact that you talk like your someone you aren't... which I know for a fact you sure as hell aint florida born n raised. I know I aint a sunshine state boy either but I dont go around acting like I grew up here. Stop being fake about who you are.

Quote:
Keep exposing your BS - Soon enough people will see through your bigoted ways - Infact MANY of us already do. It's SO EASY to see you'd have to be blind to NOT see!

Oh and BTW - Even some so called "crackers" see things my way. So they are not all ignorant - Even though Florida schools rank continually well below the nations average. Infact almost at rock bottom. That FACT alone speaks volumes to me.
the high school kids posting pictures of dime size mangrove snapper and outta season red grouper on the TCSD page? I have the pictures of Ted Rudzinski's fish saved on my computer if you need a reminder. And all this throwing around the "cracker" word.... you got alot of nerve moving to florida trying to make a name for yourself the way you did and then throwing around insults at the locals cuz they dont agree with your point of view or the way you want to do things. I saw through it early on, hence the reason I refused to let those pictures go unnoticed on that TCSD page and raised hell whenever they went up. You can defend some little liar on there all you want, it just makes you look even worse trying to run a club and defend a poacher..

EDITED AS PER JFJF's request

Last edited by AndrewK; 08-06-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
morey_b
10" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris d View Post
I ain't ever had a problem with the guy ......always welcomed aboard my boat
I heard that him and his buddy found my gun after I lost it a few weeks back but they decided to keep it for themselves. Even after hearing my description of it and confirming it was mine. That's pretty shitty.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

[quote=Hank49;1695610]
Quote:

I'll have my own soon enough - And I DO get on peoples boats when I can pitch in my share - I also very much enjoy the "green aspect" of kayak diving and shore diving.

Only a handful of people have a problem with me. Sometimes people actually appreciate the truth about things. Not everyone is ignorant. I've met some real fine folks in Florida - In fact some of the finest! But along with that I've found a very disproportionate amount of selfish people and basically outlaws.

You can only get away with shit if your "in the club" - they call it the good ol' boys club around here.... God forbid if you're fresh from the great white north, or a Cuban, or Hispanic, or just not from Florida - Even when you are doing right - You'll be trashed if you get in their way.

I was already very CLOSE to becoming a solid part of this ring or "welcomed into the fold" so to speak. I learned more than I ever wanted to know about how people are. I withdrew myself completely from their chest pumping, rampant over-bagging (poaching) and one sided affairs. It's OK for them - But dare anyone get in their way or expose them for the farce they are.

There is a saying - Keep your friends close, and you're enemies closer. I just couldn't stand to be part of some things (or have them be part of my world) when I KNOW and have sound evidence of things being morally and ethically wrong.

And thanks - I knew the fish was a schoolie the second I saw it and shot. I was just trying to civilly prove a point to some certain people on my FB group page - And THIS is what it turned into!

I may be hated by some but am loved by many - If people don't know right from wrong and hold at least a small measure of value ethics and morals for "OUR" fisheries I DON'T WANNA BE ON THEIR BOAT - EVER! I stand firm in my values and beliefs - Money, rides, fame and fortune, commercial interest, none of that can sway me. Something to be said for a character of my caliber - Wish I knew more of them - In this day and age folks like me are an endangered specie.

HERE COME THE INVITES!!!!
Closed Thread