Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:26 AM   #1
SperfishingLife

From Sea to Plate the Primitive Way!

When we where kids,we used to cook our small catches right next to the Sea all the time!
Growing up,we rarely even have time to go fishing once a week...
So this is something i have been waiting for, for a long time!!!
Catching,Cleaning and Cooking a fish right there by the Sea!

Hope you Enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/n9UHTgI5fFI

SperfishingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:55 AM   #2
sealark

Re: From Sea to Plate the Primitive Way!

Ha, brings back memories. Back in the 50s. Egmont key start a fire, jump in the water spear a 4 or 5 lb grouper cut the guts out wrap the rest in aluminum foil dig a hole in sand put the burning sticks in hole toss the fish in foil in the pit and cover with sand.
Go diving for couple hours. Come back and enjoy some baked fish. Now thats roughing it. No tanks just an old Arbolete speargun mask and fins.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #3
SperfishingLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealark View Post
Ha, brings back memories. Back in the 50s. Egmont key start a fire, jump in the water spear a 4 or 5 lb grouper cut the guts out wrap the rest in aluminum foil dig a hole in sand put the burning sticks in hole toss the fish in foil in the pit and cover with sand.
Go diving for couple hours. Come back and enjoy some baked fish. Now thats roughing it. No tanks just an old Arbolete speargun mask and fins.

Good times my friend!
Wish we where able to spend time this way more often!
SperfishingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealark View Post

Ha...peaked my interests Sealark...my backyard. I'm not calling you out, just curious as to where one would spear '4 or 5lb grouper' from that island. Right now, there isn't much holding anything that grouper like...naturally.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #5
sealark

Back in the early 60s there was some rocks and sea fans. In the channel on the Anna Maria side of egmont. I used a tank swam out couple hundred feet. Even speared a big Jewfish and lost my arbolet gun and jew on one trip.
Im sure lots of dredging and changes made since then. I would just swim out and tap on tank and make sounds. The fish would come to the sounds. Sorry I said before no tank I did have a tank for the grouper getting.

Last edited by sealark; 02-25-2020 at 11:27 AM.
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote