Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

View Poll Results: Should z1taz should stop insults on EVERY thread?
Yes. 28 90.32%
No. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
Polespearo
Waterman

Would you like z1taz to stop insulting on all threads?

As the tittle of the poll states, just trying to feel out if i am the only one that cant stand looking at a new thread just to find his insults?

In case i fail to setup poll propperlly just comment

Option A) yes please stop the insults
Option B) dont stop its a great contribution
Polespearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Rosstnfound
47.3 lbs

Re: Would you like z1taz to stop insulting on all threads?

Is there even a moderator on SB?? Seriously, please do something or you will find people that contribute helpful post here will disappear (as many have) and the draw of SB will certainly continue to dwindle.
Rosstnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Megabeast

Considering how said insults aren't even clever or funny.. definitely he should stop.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

I added him to my ignore list so i dont see his posts except when others quote him. He might have contributed worthwhile information in the past as there are a few who have respected him in the past but it seems like most of his recent posts were filled with childish name calling.
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #5
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosstnfound View Post
Is there even a moderator on SB?? Seriously, please do something or you will find people that contribute helpful post here will disappear (as many have) and the draw of SB will certainly continue to dwindle.
If there is, said person must agree with z1taz and his comments. If not, then said person must not give a shit about spearboard or its "normal" people.

I fear if this issue is left to fester any longer, spearboard will continue on its path to total disarray such as most forums.

Sad day when a single troll is more important than thousands of other posters.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:12 AM   #6
SubSub

Lol, do you really think the admin give a shit? Don't you think that if he actually did care, something would have changed long ago?

What the poll should be about really, is WHY the admin don't act on all the dumb shit that goes on all over the forum? I don't know which is worst, but it could be one of the following:
  1. 1. Stupidity.
    The admin simply approves and endorse infantile idiotic behavior, open rascism and all the other dumb shit thats going on in the forum i.e. the admin share level of intellectual capacity, refinement and attitude with the relatively few people that is allowed to continue with this bs.
  2. 2. Greed.
    Too big part of the forum is now all bullshit i.e. if the admin shuts it down, the forum would lose a big part of the activity i.e. the admins wallet would get thinner. The dumb thing about it is that this eventually will lead to the same outcome when all serious visitors will banish the forum. Left will be the "Forum for Schmucks".
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:05 AM   #7
Behslayer

My 2 cents..

A lot of good people were expelled from Spearboard in the past. There was a fleet of Moderators. Censorship was the law of the day. Spearboard nearly died.. Now there are no Moderators and way less Censorship. The users will self police and grow thicker skins. Look at Bloody Decks or other fishing Forums.. half the pansies here would wilt over there.

However.. while I don't see much of an issue with annoyance of several posters who seem to repeat themselves over and over and over whatever their stance might be. I do see an issue with some of the out and out Racism which is tolerated in the Politics/Religion section.

Harden up princesses. Why you get pantiwad from a Pirate sitting on his dock arguing about Spearfishing and Spearguns but don't give a rats ass about hatred spewing on a Spearfishing site?

just my 2 cents. Harden up Princesses. everybody gets their 2 cents..
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:20 AM   #8
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

∆ Jon alot of sense in your post. Anytime I browse the PE section my blood boils. At least here when Itazerd posts I can shake it off.....that said, I do give ithazrd more of a pass than the dickheads spewing crap over in PE. At least he Spears and gives value to spearing, even if he does piss everybody off.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
Megabeast

Most other sites I visit would've had mods in THIS thread already, saying they're gonna do something about it and locking this thread. I guess this place is mod free at this point.

Maybe they don't care bc the traffic here is 1/8th of what it used to be. Facebook has made this place obsolete. I get trip/vis reports there, people aren't afraid to post pics bc they're in private groups.. so the fisheries bastards can't use them against them.. and there's no non-Americans to talk trash to them bc they use Scuba or powerhead.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
Rosstnfound
47.3 lbs

Good point Jon. The extreme racist and ethnocentric crap in the politics section really makes me sad to see here. I have no idea why there is even a politics section in a spearfishing forum. I have sent the moderator a PM about the politics section with no response of course. At least I can choose what threads I do follow and this thread was about one particular person who consistently derails interesting threads with 12 year old personal insults and garbled comments.
Rosstnfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
VangysWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
However.. while I don't see much of an issue with annoyance of several posters who seem to repeat themselves over and over and over whatever their stance might be. I do see an issue with some of the out and out Racism which is tolerated in the Politics/Religion section.

Harden up princesses. Why you get pantiwad from a Pirate sitting on his dock arguing about Spearfishing and Spearguns but don't give a rats ass about hatred spewing on a Spearfishing site?
Couldn't agree more Jon.

Then again, that entire section is pretty comical as it really is just one big circle jerk between Mr. All Knowing Marcus and a few other low IQ, conspiracy peddling, old white dudes... Well, half the time Marcus is just talking to himself... so... I guess it's thread specific
Old 10-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
SEATUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
Couldn't agree more Jon.

Then again, that entire section is pretty comical as it really is just one big circle jerk between Mr. All Knowing Marcus and a few other low IQ, conspiracy peddling, old white dudes... Well, half the time Marcus is just talking to himself... so... I guess it's thread specific
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
Nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
Couldn't agree more Jon.

Guys you really need to start listening to the truth and wake up. The new World order and the globalists are coming for us with George Soros. Don't trust the MSM and universities, they are all controlled by the CIA. The US economy will collapse next Tuesday at 9:15am. Monsanto wants to keep you sick to get Big Pharma richer. It's a plan by the globalists to replace the Tobacco industry. If Tobacco is regulated, they'll get us sick with toothpaste, so don't brush your teeth.

These are examples of the random crap you might see.

I won't imitate the racist or bigoted statements because they aren't funny and I won't be caught dead even pretending to believe the hate that is peddled over there. Did I mention the conspiracy theories of things that were fake, like the Boston Marathon, Sandy Hook, 911, and Pulse nightclub.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #14
SEATUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Guys you really need to start listening to the truth and wake up. The new World order and the globalists are coming for us with George Soros. Don't trust the MSM and universities, they are all controlled by the CIA. The US economy will collapse next Tuesday at 9:15am. Monsanto wants to keep you sick to get Big Pharma richer. It's a plan by the globalists to replace the Tobacco industry. If Tobacco is regulated, they'll get us sick with toothpaste, so don't brush your teeth.

These are examples of the random crap you might see.

I won't imitate the racist or bigoted statements because they aren't funny and I won't be caught dead even pretending to believe the hate that is peddled over there. Did I mention the conspiracy theories of things that were fake, like the Boston Marathon, Sandy Hook, 911, and Pulse nightclub.
Yup...I think you've got a handle on it alright
If only the sheeple would listen
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
Nix

Don't believe me though. I'm a paid political shill.

There!!! I saved my detractors some work
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote