Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2009 Tournament Archives > 2009 SBO Blue Storm Classic - May 16-17

2009 SBO Blue Storm Classic - May 16-17 Here is the Classic Spearboard Open Tournament on the west coast of Florida

Old 05-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
rjnjupiter
www.emeraldcharters.com

SBO Emerald Thoughts and Thanks

Just wanted to take a moment to share my thoughts on this years SBO. First, big thanks to Tony Grogan and his crew for pulling it off again. This years economy did not make it easy to participate.

I layed low during the shootand focused on the shooters that came out with me. Proud to say that 4 of the guys scored and got prizes. Willem with an impressive 41.4375 points scored 44th place and Sam Renfroe took 2d place Junior with a flat 20. The point is all these guys in the tournament got up and on the water at the crack of dawn, speared all day in rough seas and made it to Tampa the next day to weigh in. I couldn't even pull that off. Too whipped.

Happy to see the change of leadership at the top boat. Mike Newman is well known here for his pinpoint accuracy in the movement and location of the U/W animals. Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear, but if I had a nice Dykoke uniform like theirs, I might sport that!

Cool to see local talent Laura Rogers do so well with the lady spearos. She definitely has drive. I expect we'll hear a lot more fish stories from her.

Last, glad to see Republic IV out there.Captain Mike knows this area as well as anyone except Mike Newman and me,of course.(just kidding, Mike. Lighten up) They have speared their share this year and have been very quiet about it.

Again, Congrats to all of you , East Coasters especially, that had the energy to go the two days.
rjnjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
willembad
Spearo in training

Re: SBO Emerald Thoughts and Thanks

Randy,

Great to dive with you. I had an absolute blast. Could not have asked for more in my first tourney. Even though the weather wasn't the greatest, we had a bunch of good guys onboard and some awesome dives.

Thanks again,

Willem
willembad is offline   Reply With Quote