Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
Nerka
dude
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: with the fish
Posts: 1,964
Re: Photo of the day

Nerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 41
Posts: 6,005
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
We're all very sorry about the paint you ate. Who would have thought it would be so devastating?
mepps1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #33
Cbuzo
Registered User
 
Cbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach
Posts: 876
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
Great post , this is one of the reasons why I can't really support RP , sometimes he really has some extreme non regulation Ideologies that scared the sane people away , So I have to give RP credit some of his policies are great , and he is consistent .
Cbuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
jackpine savage
Kill your food
 
jackpine savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Woods Hole, MA
Age: 52
Posts: 10,780
Re: Photo of the day

RP will go nowhere this election season and will retire a footnote in history
__________________
"Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity. "
jackpine savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #35
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,368
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbuzo View Post
Great post , this is one of the reasons why I can't really support RP , sometimes he really has some extreme non regulation Ideologies that scared the sane people away , So I have to give RP credit some of his policies are great , and he is consistent .
His ideals on non-regulation of most things is due to the historical fact that the private industry does a better job at it. Why ask the gov't to do it when they suck at it??

JP, you are high if you don't think RP is going to have a major impact on this nation and possibly the world. He has a huge international following.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #36
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
His ideals on non-regulation of most things is due to the historical fact that the private industry does a better job at it. Why ask the gov't to do it when they suck at it??
You have got to be kidding.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #37
jackpine savage
Kill your food
 
jackpine savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Woods Hole, MA
Age: 52
Posts: 10,780
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
His ideals on non-regulation of most things is due to the historical fact that the private industry does a better job at it. Why ask the gov't to do it when they suck at it??

JP, you are high if you don't think RP is going to have a major impact on this nation and possibly the world. He has a huge international following.
That is one of the funniest things I have read on Spearboard. I will tell you what, I bet he doesn't have any impact on the Presidential race and that after November he disappears.
__________________
"Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity. "
jackpine savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,368
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
You have got to be kidding.
Nope. Do I have to provide evidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
That is one of the funniest things I have read on Spearboard. I will tell you what, I bet he doesn't have any impact on the Presidential race and that after November he disappears.
Really? His following have only gotten much larger after his 2008 run. Even if he doesn't take the presidency, the movement will go on.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Nope. Do I have to provide evidence?
Don't bother. The idea that private industry regulates itself just fine without government is ridiculous enough on its face...even without taking into consideration things like the deepwater horizon spill or the 2008 financial crisis or any number of things Monsanto has done/is doing.

I know you'll try to claim those examples as proof of your assertion that government cannot properly regulate. Before you reach for that apple, understand that most people know the difference between "cannot" and "did not," and keep in mind that it is deregulation and trojan horse "free market" arguments that let big business off the hook to a point where they can buy government off and essentially regulate themselves the way they do today.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,368
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
Don't bother. The idea that private industry regulates itself just fine without government is ridiculous enough on its face...even without taking into consideration things like the deepwater horizon spill or the 2008 financial crisis or any number of things Monsanto has done/is doing.

I know you'll try to claim those examples as proof of your assertion that government cannot properly regulate. Before you reach for that apple, understand that most people know the difference between "cannot" and "did not," and keep in mind that it is deregulation and trojan horse "free market" arguments that let big business off the hook to a point where they can buy government off and essentially regulate themselves the way they do today.
SO...if the gov't were to regulate more then that means the companies wouldn't be able to buy them off? Your logic escapes me.
Who regulates the regulators?
Gov't isn't doing it's job period. It's not regulating what it is supposed to be regulating...giving a false illusion of regulation. Furthermore, it isn't prosecuting and letting the business' fail when they should. The corruption within the gov't is the problem.
How do you suppose more and more layers of 'regulation' is going to solve that?
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #41
ocean_314
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,082
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by J707 View Post
Don't bother. The idea that private industry regulates itself just fine without government is ridiculous enough on its face...even without taking into consideration things like the deepwater horizon spill or the 2008 financial crisis or any number of things Monsanto has done/is doing.

I know you'll try to claim those examples as proof of your assertion that government cannot properly regulate. Before you reach for that apple, understand that most people know the difference between "cannot" and "did not," and keep in mind that it is deregulation and trojan horse "free market" arguments that let big business off the hook to a point where they can buy government off and essentially regulate themselves the way they do today.
The government is the root of the problem. By changing the rules we had the housing crisis and those politicians promptly resigned instead of facing reelection where their actions would be front and center....Barnie Franks and Chris Dodd.

The private industry has a very strong regulation mechanism just waiting for any slip, any injury from their products.

They are called lawyers who are ready to sue at the drop of a hat.

If the government would get out of business the lawyers would sue any company straight.

FYI the deepwater Horizon and BP are British companies who are living proof of how crappy a socialist system is and what that system does to a business and the quality of their work and product.
ocean_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #42
J707
Registered User
 
J707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,493
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
SO...if the gov't were to regulate more then that means the companies wouldn't be able to buy them off? Your logic escapes me.
Yes. The government can pass laws which restrict or prohibit spending on political campaigns by corporations, outlaw congressional insider trading, and reform regulatory agencies to prohibit them from being staffed by the companies to be regulated. Those are just a few of the more obvious things that need to happen yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Who regulates the regulators?
The courts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Gov't isn't doing it's job period. It's not regulating what it is supposed to be regulating...giving a false illusion of regulation. Furthermore, it isn't prosecuting and letting the business' fail when they should. The corruption within the gov't is the problem.
And what do you think is corrupting it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
How do you suppose more and more layers of 'regulation' is going to solve that?
What else would? In the real world, business evolves. Regulation has to adapt and keep up with that. It's not just a matter of "more regulation" vs. "less regulation." It's about smarter and more efficient regulation that preserves the standard of fairness and opportunity that markets are ideally supposed to offer.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #43
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,368
Re: Photo of the day

And who's going to keep those 'smarter and more efficient regulators' from being bought off?
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #44
Cbuzo
Registered User
 
Cbuzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach
Posts: 876
Re: Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And who's going to keep those 'smarter and more efficient regulators' from being bought off?
enforce the laws , Investigate them , any sign of corruption your being sent to a state prison for a long time , and are going to be financially liable so if your caught taking brides , all your assets are seize .
Cbuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #45
Don B
Registered User
 
Don B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Slidell La.
Age: 55
Posts: 1,839
Re: Photo of the day

obama
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obama-first-amendment.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	169520  
__________________
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." "Hemingway"
Don B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com