Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool GoPro: Meet Fusion and Relive Reality

$700 cost. Good to 16 feet deep. Gotta wait for deeper housing.

Watch "GoPro: Meet Fusion and Relive Reality" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/9G-5KtDmiEM

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
japppo
too drunk to ****

Re: GoPro: Meet Fusion and Relive Reality

How about underwater filming? The lens field of view gets smaller underwater... Does the curved lens focus underwater like in Hero 2 it did not? It could work with a housing that is a transparent sphere...
Old 10-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Ric

Re: GoPro: Meet Fusion and Relive Reality

I wouldn't even try those new gopro rated for 33ft without housing in 5 ft of New Jersey water. Otherwise : risk of scratch by direct impact to the lenses or sand in suspension. To me, the camera is guaranteed to be scratched without housing, so the housing is mandatory and the depth rating irrelevant.

But yeah, I saw those new Gopro6, and I thought, it's ironic, those who can afford it are probably rich people not in the shape of physical position to make interesting movies, beside grandkids playing in the garden in 4k resolution, and those who can make interesting movies probably cannot afford a $700 camera...the story of Life.

Anyways, the fusion is too big to be good for spearfishing, where all your hands and mind are busy for other things. I really enjoy a plug and forget one button camera. My Session is good at that, but the performances...
If I had to upgrade, I'd hesitate beween the Gopro5 classic and the Session5, or a Session6.
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote