Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #16
Mana'squal

Re: What happened to IMPALER SPEARGUNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
That is in May 2017, he is still posting in September of that year. "One swallow doth not a Summer make".
Wow. I cant believe that guy. Does he even know what he was asking for?

That completed gun was nice as hell one of a kind and underpriced if he had simply taken that gun and his POS back he would have come out on top by about $1000.

a 72" double track gun is stupid and impractical anyway, he was asking the impossible on that gun.

I am in the middle of 3 basic custom rear handles and I'm just staying with friends and referrals after this. You don't make anything selling custom guns, its really a losing venture. Ill have much more fun building for people i know at cost and for a few favors or trade items.

That customer was a horror.
Mana'squal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #17
Alec

I had a buddy call me earlier this year wondering why his impaler never showed up after 4 months.. totally different person pretty unfortunate
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:18 PM   #18
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
I had a buddy call me earlier this year wondering why his impaler never showed up after 4 months.. totally different person pretty unfortunate
Going to elaborate or just leave it as a dangler?
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #19
Hpwatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana'squal View Post
Wow. I cant believe that guy. Does he even know what he was asking for?

I am in the middle of 3 basic custom rear handles and I'm just staying with friends and referrals after this. You don't make anything selling custom guns, its really a losing venture. Ill have much more fun building for people i know at cost and for a few favors or trade items.
Same here!
Hpwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #20
Alec

Quote:
Going to elaborate or just leave it as a dangler?
I never got back to him and plus it’s not really my business to discuss on a public forum there’s so many great gun builders idk why someone would do business with a brand that has a bad rep
Old 08-30-2019, 02:47 PM   #21
diveincanada

I bought 2 guns from Jason and I love them. They really are nice pieces of art.
My first order went without a glitch. Nice 60" Hybrid.
On my second order(57 wood gun) was a bit more complicated. After 3-4 months, I started to put pressure on him to deliver since we had agreed to a much earlier date. He asked me if I wanted my deposit back. He needed more more to finish the build. At one point, I was sure he had vanish but out of the blue, he contacted me a few weeks later to tell me the gun was ready to ship. The gun is amazing. My favorite for sure. =)
diveincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #22
popgun pete

Quote:
I never got back to him and plus it’s not really my business to discuss on a public forum there’s so many great gun builders idk why someone would do business with a brand that has a bad rep
Then why mention it at all? It is a bit like saying don't leave loose change on your desk if XYZ comes into the room and then leaving it up to the listener to divine what the implication is, when in fact it may have been a misleading comment in the first place. Trashing reputations is easy if innuendo replaces facts.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #23
Alec

Quote:
Then why mention it at all? It is a bit like saying don't leave loose change on your desk if XYZ comes into the room and then leaving it up to the listener to divine what the implication is, when in fact it may have been a misleading comment in the first place. Trashing reputations is easy if innuendo replaces facts.
I'm sorry but this forum is way too dead to be acting that serious If you want personal information PM and i'll be happy to tell you everything I know. When I did meet Jason at the Blue Wild years back he was a pretty straight up guy and I don't doubt his guns one bit. My buddy steel just shot the WR Black Grouper with an impaler..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67210309_10211292732912693_7947753530033438720_o.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	243934  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #24
popgun pete

Quote:
I'm sorry but this forum is way too dead to be acting that serious If you want personal information PM and i'll be happy to tell you everything I know. When I did meet Jason at the Blue Wild years back he was a pretty straight up guy and I don't doubt his guns one bit. My buddy steel just shot the WR Black Grouper with an impaler..

I don't want to know, my comment was that you should not put someone's weights up by casting aspersions, there could be any number of legitimate reasons why the gun was not delivered, so best to not say anything. “In the Spartan Court a man bears responsibility for the words that he speaks”, a good line to remember!
Old 08-30-2019, 11:32 PM   #25
Alec

Quote:
I don't want to know, my comment was that you should not put someone's weights up by casting aspersions, there could be any number of legitimate reasons why the gun was not delivered, so best to not say anything. “In the Spartan Court a man bears responsibility for the words that he speaks”, a good line to remember!
Why would 2 reef and 1 Bluewater gun not be delivered after full payment was made months before? Love your speculation bud, seems to me you do more typing nowadays than spearfishing
Old 08-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #26
popgun pete

You want to be careful about what you say in print. Slander, making false and damaging statements about someone is something that can be prosecuted at law, particularly if it is damaging to their reputation, i.e. Impaler Spearguns, especially as his name is known. Communicating these statements on a public forum is not a good idea. If those statements are true then you may have nothing to worry about, but do you want to put them to the test if the person decides to take action? Better to say nothing.