Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #1
Bob Ballew

Large Yellowfin Tuna are Here: 9/18/20

...Big Yellowfin tuna have invaded our island waters and can be found along the inside of San Clemente island. Last time it was like this, I was anchored mid-island eating lunch, when a school of porpoise came by just outside of my boat...except...they weren't porpoise, they were 90 lb Yellowfin skimming the surface just like porpoise....was diving alone and had promised the wife no open water drops while drifting, so, I trolled lures in front of them for some distance, but, no takers..still, it was a sight to see..
...Still lots of Bluefin behind SCI and some scattered Yellowfin...Big yellows at Santa Barbara island, as well as along the west end of Catalina on both sides. Marlin and swordfish in the Catalina channel and off the east end of Cat..take your choice...it's all good...
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
tommy7

Re: Large Yellowfin Tuna are Here: 9/18/20

Bob, I expect to see John Hughes here any second to say thanks for "putting him on fish"! I saw a picture of a HUGE tuna he recently shot freediving.... HUGE!!! Haha
Old 10-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
Lompoc Local
Errin

Re: Large Yellowfin Tuna are Here: 9/18/20

Yo Bob, is this where you get all your information? From your commentary it sure does sound like it...

https://www.pacificedgetackle.com/products/fish-map

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote