Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2010 Tournament Archives > 2010 St. Pete Open -August 20-22, 2010

2010 St. Pete Open -August 20-22, 2010 Check this forum for details about the 2010 SPO.

View Poll Results: Please Guess the Weight of this Warsaw Grouper
Between 30 - 39 pounds 7 12.96%
Between 40 - 49 pounds 4 7.41%
Between 50 - 59 pounds 0 0%
Between 60 - 69 pounds 6 11.11%
Between 70 - 79 pounds 17 31.48%
Between 80 - 89 pounds 11 20.37%
Between 90 - 100 pounds 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #301
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: Guess the Weight of the Warsaw Grouper Shot the Day of the 2010 St. Pete Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Tony,

I think you mistake anger for passion.
The difference between you and I is that I ask "how can I help my fellow spearfishermen" while you ask "how can my fellow spearfishermen help me".

More importantly, a lot of really, really good people are waiting for your apology.
My question is simple and continues to be;
are you, Tony Grogan, man enough to admit you may have overreacted and made a mistake, or not?
Sure Rich - thank you for your brilliant contributions in getting this thread over 10,000 views in just a few days. That threshold should be passed any moment now. By the way, did you miss my apology to Matt and Ken earlier in the thread?

Now, back to the main poll of the photo.

Here are intersting photos side by side of a 38 pound warsaw and Wade's 71 pound warsaw. I apologize to you Rich that I am showing a photo that Wade took in front of your club's leaderboard. In a simple "what if" (hypothetical of course) scenario Rich - Do you think Wade would have won the 2010 SPO if the rules had not been changed at the last minute (for safety of course)? LOL

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wade-Hamlin-71-pound-Warsaw-Grouper-8-22-10 Boat.jpg
Views:	2108
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	135246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wade-Hamlin-71-pound-Warsaw-Grouper-8-22-10a.jpg
Views:	2162
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	135248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony-38-lb-Warsaw-Groupera.jpg
Views:	2258
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	135249  

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996

Last edited by SpearMax; 08-27-2010 at 10:39 AM.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #302
ScottZeagle
www.Zeagle.com

Send a message via Yahoo to ScottZeagle
Re: Guess the Weight of the Warsaw Grouper Shot the Day of the 2010 St. Pete Open

Well...if the goal was to win the SPO, you failed...

But if the goal was to drag people who stopped reading this board back over here, you probably deserve a trophy of some kind.

10K views for a 38lb fish....that's something.

I hope everyone made a donation to the FRA.

Oh yeah - and please buy Zeagle gear and Wong spearguns!!!!

ScottZeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #303
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: Guess the Weight of the Warsaw Grouper Shot the Day of the 2010 St. Pete Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZeagle View Post

But if the goal was to drag people who stopped reading this board back over here, you probably deserve a trophy of some kind.

Scott, Zeagle and Wong are indeed wonderful product lines.

Denny and I are working on FRA matters closely (see today's Permit Spearing threads) and I agree that everyone should make a donation to the FRA.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Tony

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #304
diverlen

Re: Guess the Weight of the Warsaw Grouper Shot the Day of the 2010 St. Pete Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZeagle View Post

Well Scott, I do have some zeagle products and I am also the owner and user of a very nice Wong magnum, Daryl and I are friends. My simple request is that everyone calm down and let's just be friends, ok?
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #305
kill shot
PELAGIC POKER!!!!

Tony,

Lets see here. I am a nobody in the spearing community but you have the community right here at your finger tips with ability to help everyone out in a positive way with your board.

But it seems that you will continue to push people away if you do not get what you want from them. Some of these people make an enormous contribution to the sport and have done so for many years and side by side with these people together you all could make an enormous impact on the fisheries etc etc.

Tony I don't necessarily know you person to person but if I was to go look for some new gear and you were a dealer you would be the last person I would go ask about it.

Your stories never add up and you continually dodge these guys point blank questions.

What's the real story about how you feel about the sponsors and what they can do for YOU or what they and YOU can do together as a team of people to make a difference?

We are supposed to be a group of people working together to make a difference, not bicker at each other. Are you interested in this sport as a business or as a hobby and to help the sport grow.

I believe that most of the people here who make gear from what I have read and seen contribute whole heartedly to the sport to make it better not only for themselves but everyone else in it as well. If you are a dealer, board owner etc etc you either work with others or push them away with threats and the like.

Eric
Old 08-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #306
Gamble
NATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Sure Rich - thank you for your brilliant contributions in getting this thread over 10,000 views in just a few days. And somehow you don't understand how bad you look to those 10k views. That threshold should be passed any moment now. By the way, did you miss my apology to Matt and Ken earlier in the thread?

Now, back to the main poll of the photo.

Here are intersting photos side by side of a 38 pound warsaw and Wade's 71 pound warsaw. I apologize to you Rich that I am showing a photo that Wade took in front of your club's leaderboard. In a simple "what if" (hypothetical of course) scenario Rich - Do you think Wade would have won the 2010 SPO if the rules had not been changed at the last minute (for safety of course)? LOL [b]I think it's awesome Wade landed a PB fish and much congratulations to him for doing so. But why even pose the "what if" question? [A] it wasn't in the tournament and it was weighed ungutted. So who knows what it would have weighed, gutted, if it was in the tournament.

BTW, congratz on shooting a 38lb non gutted juvenile Warsaw.

Last edited by Gamble; 08-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #307
Gamble
NATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill shot View Post
Tony,

Lets see here. I am a nobody in the spearing community but you have the community right here at your finger tips with ability to help everyone out in a positive way with your board.

But it seems that you will continue to push people away if you do not get what you want from them. Some of these people make an enormous contribution to the sport and have done so for many years and side by side with these people together you all could make an enormous impact on the fisheries etc etc.

Tony I don't necessarily know you person to person but if I was to go look for some new gear and you were a dealer you would be the last person I would go ask about it.

Your stories never add up and you continually dodge these guys point blank questions.

What's the real story about how you feel about the sponsors and what they can do for YOU or what they and YOU can do together as a team of people to make a difference?

We are supposed to be a group of people working together to make a difference, not bicker at each other. Are you interested in this sport as a business or as a hobby and to help the sport grow.

I believe that most of the people here who make gear from what I have read and seen contribute whole heartedly to the sport to make it better not only for themselves but everyone else in it as well. If you are a dealer, board owner etc etc you either work with others or push them away with threats and the like.

Eric
I don't think I would say "Your a nobody in the spearfishing community" More like a highly respected, very experienced, level headed guy with a serious number of trophy fish in your bag.
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #308
headhunter561
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
I don't think I would say "Your a nobody in the spearfishing community" More like a highly respected, very experienced, level headed guy with a serious number of trophy fish in your bag.

I agree, the list of people who can say they have shot and landed a giant bluefin tuna must be pretty short. You have my respect.
headhunter561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #309
speargunhunter
favorite speargun? Wong.

i guess it was closer to the camera than it appeared. for sure looked bigger. but not a bad fish either way.

For me there's only One Choice...."WONG".

www.wongguns.com
speargunhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #310
SkywayGray

Send a message via AIM to SkywayGray

Tony, I have been following this thread for a week and was really hoping to see you provide some straight answers regarding why you didn't help fundraise for Rob, why you have all these big sponsors and you give practically nothing tangible back to the sport. And no I'm not a Spuc, and have nothing to do with the SPO other than being a shooter.

It seems like everyone in this area gets pumped up by helping others thru the FSDA, FRA, Wounded Warriors, Special Olympics, and supporting everyone else's tournaments etc. I guess that type of mentality doesn't apply to Spearboard Inc. Too bad to hear, you have lost a lot of respect this week.
SkywayGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #311
speargunhunter
favorite speargun? Wong.

[quote=SpearMax;1269281] Scott, Zeagle and Wong are indeed wonderful product lines.

Tony I DO agree with you on that one!

www.wongguns.com
Old 08-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #312
speargunhunter
favorite speargun? Wong.

This thread will for sure be remembered for a long time as one of the biggest soap operas, whose fish is bigger, freedive versus scuba, no im better than you threads ever posted. And it happened RIGHT here on SB! but all in all it has been very entertaining if nothing else. and come to think of it, a little disturbing! Anyway, im outta here its late! goodnight all!

Oh yeah - And "Please buy Wong spearguns and Zeagle gear"!!!!

Sorry, i could'nt help it! ?...... i think i just peed myself! yep... little bit

www.wongguns.com

Last edited by speargunhunter; 08-29-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #313
SkywayGray

Send a message via AIM to SkywayGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywayGray View Post
Tony, I have been following this thread for a week and was really hoping to see you provide some straight answers regarding why you didn't help fundraise for Rob, why you have all these big sponsors and you give practically nothing tangible back to the sport. And no I'm not a Spuc, and have nothing to do with the SPO other than being a shooter.

It seems like everyone in this area gets pumped up by helping others thru the FSDA, FRA, Wounded Warriors, Special Olympics, and supporting everyone else's tournaments etc. I guess that type of mentality doesn't apply to Spearboard Inc. Too bad to hear, you have lost a lot of respect this week.

Still No Answer on this Mr. SpearMax??????????
SkywayGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #314
diverlen

Skyway, maybe you should just give this a rest. What do you think?
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #315
LikMyBoomStik

Isn't a 38lb Warsaw kind of a dunce compared to how big they can really get? I mean a 38lb grouper is not little, but when looking at how big that species can grow it seems like kind of a little guy?

Also, im not familiar with hunting warsaw. Im not experienced enough to dive deep enough to get them. And I dont have any connections in the areas where they are shallow. But I have heard from the rumor mill that Warsaw are quite dumb and almost like Goliath's when it comes to being around divers.
LikMyBoomStik is offline   Reply With Quote