Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearboard Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge > 2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge

2013 Best Trip Report and/or Video Challenge Show us your hottest stuff and win recognition and prizes!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #16
ANYH2O

Re: Baja Rules

June update
Had a renter TH stop into the Mulege region for a week and got to stay at my place and dive the bay and out side with my boat guy Alex.
He hammered a 85 lb Dog Snapper and about a 30 lb permit. Both records for the area and the Snapper would be an unofficial world record as well.
Great work. lets ee if we can get a little report from him
MM

VRBO.com/339293
ANYH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
anywater

Just had friends get nice fish in Baja and I will try to post them.
The region is still producing WW fish and there really is no reason to go anywhere further, when great diving and lots of fish are so close.
www.vrbo.com/339293
anywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 AM   #18
anywater

Jan 2016 Baja report
The wind has been up for much of the winter but the diving on good days has been great with super vis and lots of fish.
The whale sharks are back early this year in the bay so it may be another early start to spring.
This last year saw lots of big fish taken including a dog snapper about 85 lbs, YT to 50 lbs, some nice grouper and cabrila.
Divers that went down in June were rewarded with good conditions and great fish.
July and Aug get very hot here and our place has great fans but no AC.
I will be there mid April - about June 4 if your in the area let me know I will plan a panga trip for you to some hot spots. This year I plan to finish my research on San Marco Island. We found and were given many new high pinnacles that hold untouched fish resources (world record doggy) And I plan to make it out to Isla de Tortuga to start charting it out, then a special trip with big Al to learn Turtle bay on the pacific side.
We will doing a lot of video work so watch for you tube videos sponsored by Rob Allen gear.
For a great dive trip and a place you can store the family, try Casa de los Suenos:
www.vrbo.com/339293
MM
Old 02-24-2016, 12:49 AM   #19
anywater

I have 2 weeks open at the Villa, for 1/2 off, to the first groups that call me:
Feb 28- March 5
or April 8-22, pick a week and give me a call.
Mike 970-216-5902
www.vrbo.com/339293
Old 03-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #20
anywater

Fishing is smoking hot right now.
Get down there.
I am diving Turtle bay this May any suggestions for pangas and reefs and places to stay and eat??
Old 03-20-2016, 12:59 AM   #21
anywater

I opened up the full summer to the 1/2 off special, June -Sept.
Yes it is hot there but so is the fishing and the water.
Check out the website calendar for dates open: www.vrbo.com/339293
This Villa rocks for all size groups and I will give you all my bay dive spots and gps spots for all the outside hot fish areas , and the best boat guy around and free kayaks for hunting the bay for fish, scallops , clams. This is a great family trip or just a great get away for the boys to fish their brains out. whale sharks are the bonus.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:49 PM   #22
anywater

Back from another epic trip to Baja--Mulege area
Great fishing. Got into some beautiful grouper, YT and AJ
Did a side trip to Turtle Bay Pacific side, lots of fun but May is too early, hit bad weather sm YT, poor vis....... But saw a few nice grouper.
July- Sept seem to be the best mo.
See pictures on www.vrbo.com/339293
Old 08-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #23
anywater

*SPECIAL*SPECIAL*SPECIAL*SPECIAL*SPECIAL*SPECIAL*
Many of you have been down to my Baja Villa near Mulege and have done some great diving and shot some world record fish, I appreciate your business and for this winter I have a special for any one catching this special on spearboard only.
For those of you who like Baja and find this special here it is:
This custom 5000sq ft private beach front Villa is yours for $1090 a week, TOTAL, in Sept-Oct-Nov of 2016 www.vrbo.com/339293 Max of 8 people
Add a second week for $700, a third week for $600 and a fourth week for $500.
Ouch, that's $350 per person for a month in Baja in a Private Beach Front Villa with world class diving, kayaking, whale watching, whale sharks, lobster, clams, loads of big bottom fish.. Groups can trade out but no more then 8 guests at a time.
Baja is safe, fun and has world class activities found in very few places.
Dates wont last long so email me for details and reservations at anywatermike@gmail.com and watch "Baja Rules" for new fun reports, hey post a few of your own.
For fun photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1078802...JG3pt3EgPK-jQE

Last edited by anywater; 08-30-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #24
anywater

6 weeks still open in Oct and Nov, i will even open up the first week in Dec for this Baja Villa Vacation.
For details and a current calendar
Winter is coming time to plan a great warm dive trip
look at :
www.vrbo.com/339293.org
Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
anywater

Oct 2016
I have not spent a lot of time there in Oct.
However got a great report the Octobers have little wind 82 degree water and 90 degree days with super clear water.
And for the first time I got reports of tuna and wahoo in the same blue water dive region
I plan to start setting FADs out in the Mulege region so if your down there renting my spearo Villa plan to set up to some fun blue water fish.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #26
kingfisherflesh
Happy Huntin'

I have wanted to go here for a long time - seen this place over the years and always liked the idea of renting it.

Someday.

WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS
kingfisherflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #27
anywater

No time like the present
$1000 for up to 10 people for a full week
SPEARO SPECIAL
good through mid Dec.
Call if your interested
Mike
970-216-5902
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05609.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	229629   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05635.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	229630   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05729.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	229631   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20151024-WA003.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	229632  
Old 01-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #28
anywater

Diving and fishing report for Jan 2017
I have friends at San Nic just between Mulege and Loreto
The report is lots of wind, but every 3rd to 4th day the water goes flat the and the fishing and diving is insane.
They are getting mostly snapper, roosters, and Cabrilla right now but hope to get some YT here soon.

Our place still has opening for the best months for YT, grouper and AJ
March- April- & May www.vrbo.com/339293
I will set you up with the best capt., boat and areas to dive.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #29
anywater

This is a report from Turtle Island just north of me
for the few that will read this, surprise YFT and Wahoo in this region in Oct.
Confirmed

Hey Mike,

On my second day out of Mulege we took a Panga out to Tortuga Island. It took us about 2 hours to get there from Mulege but we did not mind, as conditions were greasy flat calm. We arrived at a high spot next to Tortuga and immediately started to make bait. Water temperature was 82 and crystal clear.

While our captain was pulling up mackerel I decided to drop an iron down and I ended up picking up a Yellowfin Tuna! The captain was super stoked because he had not had a tuna in his boat for 5 years, I was even more stoked for the sashimi!

Most of our bait did not survive, but we were able to send one lively mackerel. Got picked up by a real big jack on the bottom but eventually lost him. We ended up cutting up our dead mackerel and sticking them on an iron and landed a 45lb gulf grouper.

After all that fishing it was time to move in to the island and dive a bit. I could not believe how clear the water was, it was easily 80-100 foot of viz! I dove down to 60 feet and picked up a nice cabrilla and brought him to the boat. After swimming away from the boat I looked over to my side and could not believe what I was seeing, Wahoo! I had a nice school around me and could not believe it. I noticed that they were losing interest in me quickly so I decided to dive down on them and at least try a shot on them, even though all I had was my 110cm gun. I ended up taking a long shot on one and having it bounce off, bummer! Even though I missed out on getting a Wahoo I was still stoked to see them in 50 feet of water.

We spent the rest of the day diving around Tortuga, loading up on cabrilla and snapper. Had a nice ride back from the island with calm flat seas. Overall, Tortuga is a long run but can be very rewarding.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 AM   #30
anywater

One more quick repost this spring of 2017 as seen WSB like never before in the area.
You want more details?
Come stay here: www.vrbo.com/339293
MM