Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #46
kmoose
Team Headhunter
 
kmoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slowcala, FL
Age: 52
Posts: 3,896
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
I appreciate a forum with a high ceiling and I'm not saying I want to discuss with likeminded only, quite on the contrary actually. But the tonality in many of the discussions make it very hard to participate in a civilized manner. Condescending and offensive posts is hardly a catalyst for evolving discussions. I'm not easily offended, but I do like to discuss which is hard to do with the constant condescending replies and loud tone.

Outnumbered... yes by people that chose to participate in these threads. I'm sure there are quite a few people here in the forum sharing my point of view, that just can't be bothered engaging in these threads when the discussion climate is so rough.

I don't mean a moderator should moderate opinions, I mean it is the moderators job to keep the forum discussions and tone civilized, but that kind of moderation does not exist at all here and therefore the most loud get heard and the others don't bother to engage.
Well Sub, all I can say is that you should have seen what it was like 10 years ago as this is a pretty warm bath compared to then. I think what you are seeing as condescending, offensive and a "rough climate" is nothing more than passion expressed in an unbridled format. It's not for everyone..... but neither is freedom of expression. Most of us don't plan on giving that up.
__________________
The Moose is Loose !
"SUPER SPORTY"
kmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #47
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 174
New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Funny stuff here. You two jokers sign on here specifically to post in the P&R section. Then, you decide that your manginas are getting bruised in the discussion. So then you demand that it be either closed or moderated.

Gosh, I sure hope someone gets right on that. Can't be having any sensitive feelers get hurt.

Well, partly right. Although how much I love spearfishing, I live in a place where all forms of spearfishing is prohibited, and for obvious reasons I don't have much to contribute with, no cool pics, no interesting stories. That's bad for me more than anything. But I do hang around the forums reading and participating.

And like I said, I don't want threads closed or opinions moderated, but I'd shure like to see some sort of lowest level approved. Much easier to debate that way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Well Sub, all I can say is that you should have seen what it was like 10 years ago as this is a pretty warm bath compared to then. I think what you are seeing as condescending, offensive and a "rough climate" is nothing more than passion expressed in an unbridled format. It's not for everyone..... but neither is freedom of expression. Most of us don't plan on giving that up.

I don't really get how you can mix up freedom of expression with keeping a civilized tone? If it is allowed to be a dick one must be a dick? I don't buy that arguement at all.

Just some fun trivia for you guys. Sweden has the worlds first printed laws on freedom of speech and freedom of press. It's was written in our constitutional law 1766, 10 years before the USA existed. We're familiar with the term freedom of speech.

Last edited by SubSub; 05-23-2017 at 06:08 PM.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #48
OBLIGATED
Registered User
 
OBLIGATED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Board meeting
Age: 56
Posts: 5,846
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Lol
__________________
Seven out of ten women are battered.Im still eating mine plain.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #49
kmoose
Team Headhunter
 
kmoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slowcala, FL
Age: 52
Posts: 3,896
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Well, partly right. Although how much I love spearfishing, I live in a place where all forms of spearfishing is prohibited, and for obvious reasons I don't have much to contribute with, no cool pics, no interesting stories. That's bad for me more than anything. But I do hang around the forums reading and participating.

And like I said, I don't want threads closed or opinions moderated, but I'd shure like to see some sort of lowest level approved. Much easier to debate that way.





I don't really get how you can mix up freedom of expression with keeping a civilized tone? If it is allowed to be a dick one must be a dick? I don't buy that arguement at all.

Just some fun trivia for you guys. Sweden has the worlds first printed laws on freedom of speech and freedom of press. It's was written in our constitutional law 1766, 10 years before the USA existed. We're familiar with the term freedom of speech.
No laws here on practicing dickizm. In fact, you determining someone is being a dick is opinion based on your perception. You are free to have that opinion and either ignore it, be offended, or move along to a forum where your skin doesn't need to thicken up. For your whining I award a you one cone demerit!
__________________
The Moose is Loose !
"SUPER SPORTY"
kmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #50
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,378
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

How much are you 2 tools getting paid to spread the agenda. I know at least one of you started off insulting the audience instead of debating. I also know that the past and current admin pays for people like you to engage the dissenters.
Why don't you two post something about spearfishing to prove us wrong instead of hiding behind some race card or something.
BTW, the Fed gov't has killed WAY more innocent people than the KKK ever have. FACT...and surely don't take the straw man argument that I'm sticking up for the KKK. That would just make you sound ignorant.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #51
manmarvel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 256
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Im officially requesting that the "rich and Vibrant culture" thread be removed from the politics section, its just to outrightly aimed at racist propaganda/material. White supremacist literature should not be allowed on spear board
manmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #52
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,290
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
Im officially requesting that the "rich and Vibrant culture" thread be removed from the politics section, its just to outrightly aimed at racist propaganda/material. White supremacist literature should not be allowed on spear board
Yep, tear down that historical statue and do what I say.
The blog emperor, Spearmax, could delete the thread or any individual posts. Can he, manmanure, delete facts, data, outcomes and predictions?
As a taxpayer for over 40 years, I say that knowing where my money gets spent is important, whether I like it or not. That thread is just 1 of many that do that.
__________________


Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #53
manmarvel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 256
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Yep, tear down that historical statue and do what I say.
The blog emperor, Spearmax, could delete the thread or any individual posts. Can he, manmanure, delete facts, data, outcomes and predictions?
As a taxpayer for over 40 years, I say that knowing where my money gets spent is important, whether I like it or not. That thread is just 1 of many that do that.
your are literally lying through your teeth. that blog is about hate towards other races and nothing else.
manmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:48 PM   #54
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,290
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
your are literally lying through your teeth. that blog is about hate towards other races and nothing else.
It seems manmanure, the great blog emperor Spearmax has rejected your cries.
Maybe whine again, for our amusement, this time louder, the great one may take notice.
__________________


Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #55
North Star
Max
 
North Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Age: 62
Posts: 5,641
Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions." —Thomas Jefferson (1808)
__________________
nec timor nec temeritas (neither fear nor foolhardiness.)
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com