Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...washingtonpost

Looks like will be bombing Syria soon, just like Iran. Retired Gen. Wesley Clark said that this has been planned since 2001.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
ocean_314
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,082
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

WW3 is about to start, with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran before the brother hood gets complete control of the military.

When Egypt attacks Israel, Israel will be forced to nuke Egypt to survive.


Don’t you love our genius president, why is it that we American keep electing such fools like Carter and Obama?????

Carter removes the Shah of Iran and look what happens. Obama removes our stanches ally in the middle east from Egypt and the results is that Egypt becomes another Iran.

This will draw in Russia and the US into the middle east war and then comes China.........
ocean_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran
When Egypt attacks Israel...


If WW3 starts, it will only be because Israel or the US starts it by bombing another country who hasn't caused them harm.
This idea that Egypt or Iran would commit suicide and the destruction of their country by attacking Israel or the US is insane.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 41
Posts: 5,945
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
WW3 is about to start, with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran before the brother hood gets complete control of the military.

When Egypt attacks Israel, Israel will be forced to nuke Egypt to survive.


Don’t you love our genius president, why is it that we American keep electing such fools like Carter and Obama?????

Carter removes the Shah of Iran and look what happens. Obama removes our stanches ally in the middle east from Egypt and the results is that Egypt becomes another Iran.

This will draw in Russia and the US into the middle east war and then comes China.........
You have a very unique view of history.

By "remove", you apparently mean "fail to send enough guns, bullets, or mercenaries to uphold the power of the thugs we (the US) installed and maintained"?

mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Bill McIntyre
Registered User
 
Bill McIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Clemente, CA
Age: 78
Posts: 39,143
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
You have a very unique view of history.

By "remove", you apparently mean "fail to send enough guns, bullets, or mercenaries to uphold the power of the thugs we (the US) installed and maintained"?

Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shah.

Last edited by Bill McIntyre; 02-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shaw.
Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory hogwash to me. Everybody knows there are no true conspiracies. Geeesh, take off your tin foil hat, Bill. Wacko.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Erasmus
Registered User
 
Erasmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena
Age: 51
Posts: 784
Send a message via AIM to Erasmus
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Ron Paul was fantastic in his 2008 debates, he brought up the U.S history in the ME including the coup. Even Reagan said we need to stay out of the ME as much as possible, I'm not an Obama fan but right now I am glad he is there.

I think he wants to avoid another mess more than most and I hope he keeps us out of it.

On an honest note, other than tactical, what do we get from saving Israel?
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Foreign Troops Enter Syria

"We’ve repeatedly noted that the U.S. government planned regime change in Syria at least 20 years ago.

Indeed, carrying out acts of violence and blaming it on the Syrian government as an excuse for regime change was discussed over 50 years ago by British and American leaders.

We noted in December that foreign troops were amassing on the Syrian border.

We noted yesterday that an independent report by the Arab League found that “rebels” were attacking government buildings and innocent civilians with armor-piercing projectiles and other heavy weaponry...."
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
jetro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,538
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post


If WW3 starts, it will only be because Israel or the US starts it by bombing another country who hasn't caused them harm.
This idea that Egypt or Iran would commit suicide and the destruction of their country by attacking Israel or the US is insane.
Sorry Marcus but that is just a stupid ****ing statement. You've been so distracted with your other issues that you must not have heard their intentions (for the last 1400 ****ing years-and change)
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
jetro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,538
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shaw.
It's Shah not Shaw.
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetro View Post
Sorry Marcus but that is just a stupid ****ing statement. You've been so distracted with your other issues that you must not have heard their intentions (for the last 1400 ****ing years-and change)
Thanks for the kind words, but I look at actions, not what is said.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
nilsonov
Registered User
 
nilsonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jersey City
Age: 35
Posts: 732
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Ron Paul was fantastic in his 2008 debates, he brought up the U.S history in the ME including the coup. Even Reagan said we need to stay out of the ME as much as possible, I'm not an Obama fan but right now I am glad he is there.

I think he wants to avoid another mess more than most and I hope he keeps us out of it.

On an honest note, other than tactical, what do we get from saving Israel?
... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=why+us+supports+israel
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
fishfan
Registered User
 
fishfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Baltimore/OC Maryland/Brigantine NJ
Posts: 1,448
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Ron Paul was fantastic in his 2008 debates, he brought up the U.S history in the ME including the coup. Even Reagan said we need to stay out of the ME as much as possible, I'm not an Obama fan but right now I am glad he is there.

I think he wants to avoid another mess more than most and I hope he keeps us out of it.

On an honest note, other than tactical, what do we get from saving Israel?
Technology, Science and Medicine.
That's the short answer.
__________________
What you do when you do not have to will determine who you will be when you can no longer help it. KIPLING
fishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,930
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
On an honest note, other than tactical, what do we get from saving Israel?
Saving Israel from what? Israel is more than capable of defending itself.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
jackpine savage
Kill your food
 
jackpine savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Woods Hole, MA
Age: 52
Posts: 10,780
Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

I don't see the US saving Israel, nor do I see the US involved in military action against the dictatorship in Syria. All I see is the US closing it's embassy in a nation that is about to break out into civil war
__________________
"Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity. "
jackpine savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com