Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...washingtonpost

Looks like will be bombing Syria soon, just like Iran. Retired Gen. Wesley Clark said that this has been planned since 2001.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
ocean_314

Re: US closes embassy in Damascus, pulls American diplomats out of Syria

WW3 is about to start, with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran before the brother hood gets complete control of the military.

When Egypt attacks Israel, Israel will be forced to nuke Egypt to survive.

Don’t you love our genius president, why is it that we American keep electing such fools like Carter and Obama?????

Carter removes the Shah of Iran and look what happens. Obama removes our stanches ally in the middle east from Egypt and the results is that Egypt becomes another Iran.

This will draw in Russia and the US into the middle east war and then comes China.........
ocean_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran
When Egypt attacks Israel...

If WW3 starts, it will only be because Israel or the US starts it by bombing another country who hasn't caused them harm.
This idea that Egypt or Iran would commit suicide and the destruction of their country by attacking Israel or the US is insane.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
WW3 is about to start, with Egypt being handed to the Moslem brotherhood Israel will be forced to attack Iran before the brother hood gets complete control of the military.

When Egypt attacks Israel, Israel will be forced to nuke Egypt to survive.

Don’t you love our genius president, why is it that we American keep electing such fools like Carter and Obama?????

Carter removes the Shah of Iran and look what happens. Obama removes our stanches ally in the middle east from Egypt and the results is that Egypt becomes another Iran.

This will draw in Russia and the US into the middle east war and then comes China.........
You have a very unique view of history.

By "remove", you apparently mean "fail to send enough guns, bullets, or mercenaries to uphold the power of the thugs we (the US) installed and maintained"?

mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
You have a very unique view of history.

By "remove", you apparently mean "fail to send enough guns, bullets, or mercenaries to uphold the power of the thugs we (the US) installed and maintained"?

Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shah.

Last edited by Bill McIntyre; 02-09-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shaw.
Sounds like a bunch of conspiracy theory hogwash to me. Everybody knows there are no true conspiracies. Geeesh, take off your tin foil hat, Bill. Wacko.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Erasmus

Send a message via AIM to Erasmus

Ron Paul was fantastic in his 2008 debates, he brought up the U.S history in the ME including the coup. Even Reagan said we need to stay out of the ME as much as possible, I'm not an Obama fan but right now I am glad he is there.

I think he wants to avoid another mess more than most and I hope he keeps us out of it.

On an honest note, other than tactical, what do we get from saving Israel?
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
Marcus

Foreign Troops Enter Syria

"We’ve repeatedly noted that the U.S. government planned regime change in Syria at least 20 years ago.

Indeed, carrying out acts of violence and blaming it on the Syrian government as an excuse for regime change was discussed over 50 years ago by British and American leaders.

We noted in December that foreign troops were amassing on the Syrian border.

We noted yesterday that an independent report by the Arab League found that “rebels” were attacking government buildings and innocent civilians with armor-piercing projectiles and other heavy weaponry...."
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
jetro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

If WW3 starts, it will only be because Israel or the US starts it by bombing another country who hasn't caused them harm.
This idea that Egypt or Iran would commit suicide and the destruction of their country by attacking Israel or the US is insane.
Sorry Marcus but that is just a stupid ****ing statement. You've been so distracted with your other issues that you must not have heard their intentions (for the last 1400 ****ing years-and change)
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
jetro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Unique is an understatement. He conveniently forgets that the CIA had engineered a coup in 1953 to overthrow the elected Prime Minister Mosaddegh and install the Shaw.
It's Shah not Shaw.
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #11
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetro View Post
Sorry Marcus but that is just a stupid ****ing statement. You've been so distracted with your other issues that you must not have heard their intentions (for the last 1400 ****ing years-and change)
Thanks for the kind words, but I look at actions, not what is said.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
nilsonov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Ron Paul was fantastic in his 2008 debates, he brought up the U.S history in the ME including the coup. Even Reagan said we need to stay out of the ME as much as possible, I'm not an Obama fan but right now I am glad he is there.

I think he wants to avoid another mess more than most and I hope he keeps us out of it.

... http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=why+us+supports+israel
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
fishfan

Quote:

Technology, Science and Medicine.
That's the short answer.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Marcus

Quote:
Saving Israel from what? Israel is more than capable of defending itself.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
jackpine savage
Kill your food

I don't see the US saving Israel, nor do I see the US involved in military action against the dictatorship in Syria. All I see is the US closing it's embassy in a nation that is about to break out into civil war