Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Tales of the growing Police State

I don't have any ill feelings for our local law enforcement and try my best to interact and talk with them often....but there are bad things happening that one would not think could/would happen lately. A lot of your local law enforcement are very concerned about the growing influence of the fed gov't powers over them.
Furthermore, this money/influence/training has influenced our local law enforcement in bad ways. They are being trained to treat the local citizens as suspects. I find it imperative that everyone reaches out and communicates with their local police. The government that governs closest is the best. When your local police is very intertwined with the community, you get good police service. The fed gov't with their training programs and propaganda are, IMO, trying to drive a wedge between the the citizens and their local law enforcement. IMO, this is an attempt to centralize control and create/breed a brand of law enforcement that will do the central government's bidding.
The below is a fine example of overzealous/unnecessary actions that has bred mistrust. This sort of action is analogous to our F'd up foreign policy rules of engagement that is creating more terrorists left and right that keeps the war on terror going.

http://www.dailypaul.com/237814/the-...tory-take-heed

"I grew up on a ranch around cops and learned to trust and believe they were the good guys, because the ones I knew were. They often came out to hunt or practice shooting with my Dad and us kids. Now, I no longer trust police officers, as I used to, or believe that the Police are here to help me. Here's my story:

I had a personal encounter with the police last year, where they tricked me into entering my home, intidimated me and searched my house without my permission.

They came to the side door of my residence where there are no windows and I could not hear them through the solid wood door. I could only hear knock, knock, knock, "POLICE...mumble, mumble,mumble..." Innocent and concerned, I thought maybe a bad guy was in my yard. I made the mistake of OPENING THE DOOR. I saw only two plain clothes detectives standing there with clip boards, they asked me if my son was home, confused and then scared something had happened to him,I said No, why? And then they asked if they could step inside to ask a few questions. I innocently said ...yes, yes!!! I wanted to know if my son was alright, I had nothing to fear, right? WRONG! ..."
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
yakfisher

Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Where did that happen? Who did it happen to? You wouldn't believe the anonymous stories on Penthouse Forums.
yakfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfisher View Post
Where did that happen? Who did it happen to? You wouldn't believe the anonymous stories on Penthouse Forums.
Yes, it was an anonymous poster on the DP. In his defense, the site is made up of people of high integrity. I believe him. There are many more postings of undeniable video taped evidence of worst conduct. I've seen quite a few but don't post them due to the incitement of hatred towards groups when it's really just a few bad apples. The only reason I posted this was due to the real depiction of what fed money has done to our local police for which I respect greatly. My only intent is to help bring our civility back from the edge. No harm intended. Just an educational example.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Marcus

Another similar story from that thread...

Submitted by Caardvaark on Mon, 06/04/2012
"I am a 53 year old woman. I have worked all my life and raised three children. I have a 45 acre farm near a college campus and state park. One day, I was picking tomatoes in my garden, and a black helicopter hovered over my head. So close I could wave to the pilot and see his face. The trees were blowing around. Next thing I know, two unmarked cars pull into my driveway and hippie looking cops get out. The marijauna eradication task force. They run through the woods and return with a handful of wimpy looking ditchweed. I laughed at this kinda. By this time there are 5 hatchback Volvos and a police car in my driveway. About a dozen guys, 6 vehicles and a helicopter to snatch 5 or 6 crappy plants without any buds on them. They ask to search my house and I say no. I had a young Korean exchange student living in my house and when the cops took his passport he started to cry! He thought his parents would be disgraced and he would be deported. He didn't know anything about the plants, just was scared to death by the thugs with guns. He had no clue what was going on and I told him to stand near me and I would take care of him. The head honcho and I got into a long discussion about him searching my house. I told him go get a warrant. He said OK, you go sit in the police car in the sun with the windows up. The temperature was over 90 degrees. He said you are being detained and tried to put me in the car making a point to tell me that he would take hours to get the warrant and I would probably die of heat stroke waiting for him to get back. I let him in the house. They searched the entire house finding nothing of consequence of course. By this time, they decided to use my large farm and driveway as the meeting point for the entire task force while they searched the nearby 60,000 acre state park. They stayed in my house all day and made them selves quite at home, looking in every drawer and closet until a certain peace was established between us and they finally left. No charges were filed. Thank God."
Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Spear CR
yes-yes

Even the police in Panama don't act like that.

Discraceful.
Spear CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Megabeast

Guilty until proven innocent.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
Rhodyhunter
My Life for Freedom

Where have YOU been? Firstly, this guy is in Kalifornia. Secondly, cops have been like this for as long as I remember.they're always looking for the bust. They are the most paranoid people I know. Do I blame them personally? No, they are trained for this. They go to seminars on Psychology, interview techniques, body language, etc. They apply what they have learned to their lives. Next time you talk to a cop, watch their body language and how they position themselves in relation to you. They consider everyone a suspect or a threat. Unless you hang around with them on a daily basis, they size you up and are wary. I feel sorry for them. But I can understand this kind of behavior. A friend of mine once told me....." You know who we are, but we don't know who YOU are." Take it for what it's worth.

Pain is Weakness leaving the Body.
Rhodyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
Marcus

Whatever happened to the local policeman that you were happy see at the local coffee shop and would stop by your house just to talk to you because you were friends and people would always wave at him...etc...?

Federal training is what, IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
STITCH
EMT

I can't help but laugh.
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
ocean_314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Whatever happened to the local policeman that you were happy see at the local coffee shop and would stop by your house just to talk to you because you were friends and people would always wave at him...etc...?

Federal training is what, IMO.
Thats how it is or was in Ukiah and one of the reasons why i moved here in 92. Now with the same police retiring at 50 with their huge pensions the tensions are rising.

The white collar professionals are leaving the state and area and the people who are stuck like the grape and pear growers are not very happy.
ocean_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
fishfan

This was my last encounter with our local police.

Officer: Did you know that you just turned left on a red light?
Me: Yes
Officer: Why did you do that?
Me: It's 5:30 in the morning, pitch black and I could see there wasn't any other cars on the road.
Officer: Where are you going?
Me: To work out.
Officer: OK, sounds good to me. Have a nice day.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
techwiz44

need more proof...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-bank-robber/

a clear violation of 39 peoples civil rights.
Let's just handcuff everybody and see what shakes out

"Today, the Civil Rights Act can be invoked whenever a state or local government official violates a federally guaranteed right. The most common use today is to redress violations of the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable search and seizure."

every federal agency is out of control, just google what's happening to Gibson Guitar!

Last edited by techwiz44; 06-05-2012 at 11:59 AM.
techwiz44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
I can't help but laugh.
Geeez o pete! That's the attitudes that are most troubling. But they're just doing it for the public's safety.

Fact I heard and beleive: Your 8 times more likely to die from a cop than from a terrorist.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
jadairiii

Quote:
The below is a fine example of overzealous/unnecessary actions that has bred mistrust. ..."
Let me ask you, would you be this upset if this had happened on April 19, 1999 at Mr. Harris's and Mr. Klebold's homes?

You seem to be a *****ing expert on LEO procedure, how would you handle a potential mass school shooting? Remember, unlike video games there is no second chances, no reboots in real life.

Quote:
Yes, it was an anonymous poster on the DP. In his defense, the site is made up of people of high integrity. I believe him. ..."
Dude, you would believe anything posted on the internet and you cant even see how funny that quote is.
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Don't question Mark, he's an expert on everything. Even when he's wrong.