Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadairiii View Post
Let me ask you, would you be this upset if this had happened on April 19, 1999 at Mr. Harris's and Mr. Klebold's homes?

You seem to be a *****ing expert on LEO procedure, how would you handle a potential mass school shooting? Remember, unlike video games there is no second chances, no reboots in real life.
I'm sorry but what have those incidents have to do with the ones in this thread? Are you implying that because occasional crazy stuff happens in the world that the police are justified in treating everyone like that?? That sounds rather ludicrous.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
techwiz44

more proof police are thugs with badges and guns...

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/j...alk-ar-411097/

without probable cause, citizens have every right not to consent to a pat down search. Maybe like my previous example, these 4th amendment violators will just handcuff 38 more citizens without probable cause to see what shakes out

you do not have to look very hard to find out of control law enforcement.
you could be next!
read the case studies...
http://www.overcriminalized.com/CaseStudy.aspx
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #18
jadairiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm sorry but what have those incidents have to do with the ones in this thread? Are you implying that because occasional crazy stuff happens in the world that the police are justified in treating everyone like that?? That sounds rather ludicrous.
Why not just answer my questions?

How about this, I read the article, maybe I missed it, but I see no mention of a search warrant, yet there clearly was an entry team/search team. Mind you this anonymous poster never mentioned the LACK of a search warrant either, which I find interesting. I would think the anonymous poster would be jumping up and down about the fact that the police had no search warrant?

So I know you trust anything you read on this site, but the fact remains that (based on my knowledge and experience) these officers had a search warrant, signed by a judge and signed off by a State Attorney to go to that house with probable cause to believe this kid might be involved in planning a school shooting. They did their job, if they had done any less and this was a planned school shooting and they did pull it off and one of your kids was killed, you would be wetting yourself about the incompetence of the LEOís.

So I will ask again, answer my original questions.
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
Marcus

Quote:
Why not just answer my questions?

How about this, I read the article, maybe I missed it, but I see no mention of a search warrant, yet there clearly was an entry team/search team. Mind you this anonymous poster never mentioned the LACK of a search warrant either, which I find interesting. I would think the anonymous poster would be jumping up and down about the fact that the police had no search warrant?

So I know you trust anything you read on this site, but the fact remains that (based on my knowledge and experience) these officers had a search warrant, signed by a judge and signed off by a State Attorney to go to that house with probable cause to believe this kid might be involved in planning a school shooting. They did their job, if they had done any less and this was a planned school shooting and they did pull it off and one of your kids was killed, you would be wetting yourself about the incompetence of the LEOís.

So I will ask again, answer my original questions.
The story implies there was no warrant, further down the thread another poster commented on the lack of warrant to which the original thread poster responded.
http://www.dailypaul.com/237814/the-...tory-take-heed
Logic has it, if they had a warrant, the cops wouldn't have been 'asking' if they could come in.
Anyhow, do you believe that this situation couldn't have been handled a LOT better? IMO, one calm rational detective could've sat down and talked with the mother, explained the situation and their concerns. The mother, if she was any sort of rational person, would've likely then let the officer in to talk with the kid and/or search the room for evidence....and all this could've been done w/o a warrant.
It's this treating everyone like a criminal 'guilty until proven innocent' that is disturbing. Uneccessary swat team like raids have become commonplace these days...and is killing innocent people/dogs and is driving a wedge between the citizens and law enforcement. Agree?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
jadairiii

Quote:
The story implies there was no warrant, further down the thread another poster commented on the lack of warrant to which the original thread poster responded.
http://www.dailypaul.com/237814/the-...tory-take-heed
Logic has it, if they had a warrant, the cops wouldn't have been 'asking' if they could come in.
Anyhow, do you believe that this situation couldn't have been handled a LOT better? IMO, one calm rational detective could've sat down and talked with the mother, explained the situation and their concerns. The mother, if she was any sort of rational person, would've likely then let the officer in to talk with the kid and/or search the room for evidence....and all this could've been done w/o a warrant.
It's this treating everyone like a criminal 'guilty until proven innocent' that is disturbing. Uneccessary swat team like raids have become commonplace these days...and is killing innocent people/dogs and is driving a wedge between the citizens and law enforcement. Agree?
I read it, she never specifically says the police did not have a warrant. Dances around the question. And fact is this is her version of the events. You assume her version to be correct?

But go ahead and blindly believe everything posted by anonymous posters on the Internet. And you call us "Sheeples"

20 years doing criminal defense there are always 3 stories to every police incident, Police version, Defendantís version and the TRUTH.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
STITCH
EMT

Bet he caught hell for this one.
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #22
Marcus

Quote:
I read it, she never specifically says the police did not have a warrant. Dances around the question. And fact is this is her version of the events. You assume her version to be correct?

But go ahead and blindly believe everything posted by anonymous posters on the Internet. And you call us "Sheeples"

20 years doing criminal defense there are always 3 stories to every police incident, Police version, Defendantís version and the TRUTH.
You have concentrated on one small detail of one story in this thread and went on attack after me for it. What about all the other numerous stories and the subject of the thread itself? You don't think there is a problem? That things haven't changed in the past decade? Everything is fine for you? Well...I guess it does keep you employed eh?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
jadairiii

Quote:
You have concentrated on one small detail of one story in this thread
That is THE detail of the story. You canít see that can you?

Quote:
What about all the other numerous stories and the subject of the thread itself?
You mean all the other anonymous "stories". You really need to stop believing everything posted on the internet.

Quote:
Everything is fine for you? Well...I guess it does keep you employed eh?
Actually, criminal is only about 10% of my overall practice today.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #24
STITCH
EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
need more proof...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-bank-robber/

a clear violation of 39 peoples civil rights.
Let's just handcuff everybody and see what shakes out

"Today, the Civil Rights Act can be invoked whenever a state or local government official violates a federally guaranteed right. The most common use today is to redress violations of the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable search and seizure."

every federal agency is out of control, just google what's happening to Gibson Guitar!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Stitch, how about posting the whole story instead of the excerpt that firs your agenda.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...60/detail.html
Old 06-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #26
STITCH
EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
Stitch, how about posting the whole story instead of the excerpt that firs your agenda.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...60/detail.html
My agenda BWHAHAHAHAHA what agenda???

Responding officers barricaded the area, trapping about 25 cars near the intersection. Then, police went car by car and pulled out each occupant at gunpoint and handcuffed them.
"Cops came in from every direction and just threw their car in front of my car," said Sonya Romero, who was one of the drivers handcuffed. "We all got cuffed until they figured out who did what."

I'm stoked to see that there are people like you that are ok with this sort of thing. It gives the rest of us time to make arrangements. Sorta like not having to be able to swim faster than a shark; just as long as you can out swim the other guy in the water.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
jackpine savage
Kill your food

They had an armed suspect cornered at an intersection. They cuffed people, checked their ID's then let them go. Within 2 hours they caught the guy. What would you be saying had they let the suspect go and he killed someone? Its easy and safe to be a critic from the comfort of a college dorm. Of course the Aurora police dept. also has to deal with people like this,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1266425.html
but you would probably find something wrong with breaking up coke rings too.

In a perfect world we would all like to see the cops avoid any of this but it isn't a perfect world. How would you have apprehended the suspect? Remember he was armed and just robbed a bank.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #28
STITCH
EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
They had an armed suspect cornered at an intersection. They cuffed people, checked their ID's then let them go. Within 2 hours they caught the guy. What would you be saying had they let the suspect go and he killed someone? Its easy and safe to be a critic from the comfort of a college dorm. Of course the Aurora police dept. also has to deal with people like this,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1266425.html
but you would probably find something wrong with breaking up coke rings too.

In a perfect world we would all like to see the cops avoid any of this but it isn't a perfect world. How would you have apprehended the suspect? Remember he was armed and just robbed a bank.
I don't know much about coke, but I think it comes in lines not rings. But hey if it's the cop's coke, who am I to tell him how to break it up. I'm also not in a college dorm; don't know where that came from. You have to admit it's ironic that the police arrested someone for basically putting a gun in the face of a group of people and making demands; by doing the exact same thing.

PS. I included the link with the photo. You failed to see it. That was all part of my master agenda BWHAHAHA
Old 06-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
jackpine savage
Kill your food

earlier this year, in the same city, the police had the largest drug bust in Colorado history including breaking up 4 large cocaine rings. Now they have an armed robbery suspect cornered in an intersection, what exactly are they suppose to do? In a city that has an apparent violent crime issue would you allow an armed criminal to escape? There actions weren't the best from a police department but how would you have handled the situation?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
STITCH
EMT

I live in Jacksonville Fl. a city that has held the highest murder rate in the country for many years. I'm familiar with violence and what can happen around you at any time. (that's why I carry a gun :-) ) Allowing police to ignore my constitutional rights is something I will never be ok with. There are better options than pointing a firearm at innocent people. I mean that is unless police are somehow super human and therefore incapable of accidental discharge.