Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #46
jadairiii
Registered User
 
jadairiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,895
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Shall we wait until it becomes like Burma to say something? Wouldn't it be too late then?
IMO, the canary in the coal mine has already died or is at least gasping for air.
You really want to protect your rights? Forget the tin-foil hat websites and youtube. Get involved in local elections, know the judges you are putting on the bench, know the State Attorney you keep electing and (this is the big one) force you legislative representative to support the State Public Defenders. The Public Defenders are the ones going toe to toe with these “evil” cops day in and day out.

I would bet none of you could name 2 judges on the criminal bench in your county that you all elected?

Ignorance breeds fear.
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #47
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,378
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

You assume an awful lot...of the wrong things. I'm quite involved at the local level. Hell, I almost ran for mayor.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #48
jadairiii
Registered User
 
jadairiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,895
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
..... I'm quite involved at the local level.
Picketing City Hall with signs denouncing Chem Trails does not count.
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #49
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,378
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadairiii View Post
Picketing City Hall with signs denouncing Chem Trails does not count.
Especially if you look like this.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #50
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,378
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

"“I was detained by Portland PD officer J McDonald on 26MAY2012. He detains me without suspicion of any criminal activity in violation of Delaware v Prouse. He admits his sole reason for stopping me is my legally carried firearm in violation of US v DeBerry. He seizes my weapon with no reasonable suspicion that I’ve committed a crime in violation of Terry v Ohio. He demands my ID without reasonable suspicion in violation of Hiibel v Nevada.”..."

http://www.infowars.com/legal-open-c...ops-back-down/
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 AM   #51
Aaron Proffitt+
Registered User
 
Aaron Proffitt+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 43
Posts: 3,585
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
"“I He detains me without suspicion of any criminal activity in violation of Delaware v Prouse. He admits his sole reason for stopping me is my legally carried firearm in violation of US v DeBerry. He seizes my weapon with no reasonable suspicion that I’ve committed a crime in violation of Terry v Ohio. He demands my ID without reasonable suspicion in violation of Hiibel v Nevada.”..."


Why does this guy sound like Smigel from The Lord of the Rings ?

" He detains Smigel because Smigel was carrying his precious. He demands Smigel's ID."

Last edited by Aaron Proffitt+; 06-22-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #52
STITCH
EMT
 
STITCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Age: 36
Posts: 3,112
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt+ View Post
Why does this guy sound like Smigel from The Lord of the Rings ?

" He detains Smigel because Smigel was carrying his precious. He demands Smigel's ID."
I kept waiting for Farva to ask for a liter-a-cola.
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #53
Aaron Proffitt+
Registered User
 
Aaron Proffitt+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 43
Posts: 3,585
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

That's a great movie...
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #54
jadairiii
Registered User
 
jadairiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,895
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
"“I was detained by Portland PD officer J McDonald on 26MAY2012. He detains me without suspicion of any criminal activity in violation of Delaware v Prouse. He admits his sole reason for stopping me is my legally carried firearm in violation of US v DeBerry. He seizes my weapon with no reasonable suspicion that I’ve committed a crime in violation of Terry v Ohio. He demands my ID without reasonable suspicion in violation of Hiibel v Nevada.”..."

http://www.infowars.com/legal-open-c...ops-back-down/
First and foremost I salute all you LEO's that have to put up with ass-hats like that guy. I would not have been nearly as polite, but my use of force report would be solid!

Second, it really gets under my skin when these ass-hats site case law without any rational understanding of what the cases really mean.

And lastly, did this guy think that by open carrying his gun his other "gun" would get any bigger?



http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...discrimination
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #55
diverlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 1,148
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

I read this article and watched the video. It sounds like the gun-carrying person was in the right and the officer in the wrong because after all the conversation, the officer returned his gun and the guy was free to go. Did I miss something here? If not, then maybe that police force could use some additional training.
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #56
jadairiii
Registered User
 
jadairiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,895
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
I read this article and watched the video. It sounds like the gun-carrying person was in the right and the officer in the wrong because after all the conversation, the officer returned his gun and the guy was free to go. Did I miss something here? If not, then maybe that police force could use some additional training.
No, the cop was not wrong, they got a call that there was a suspicious person carrying a weapon, the LAW allows SOME people to open carry not everyone. So they dispatch the cop, at that moment that he stopped the guy there was "reasonable suspicion" to at least investigate. The cop had EVERY right to disarm him while conducting the investigation. In the end the cop determined that all was well and let him go, with gun.

This ass-hat wanted to make a point and wasted tax payer’s money doing so and also quoted the law without any understanding of the law. Reminds me of the "jail house" lawyers I have run into.

IF I were to open carry (which I would not do in public) and was approached by the police I would make their job easy, so that they could clear the scene asap and get on protecting the public.

The cops should have Tazered his ass, never mind the reasons!
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #57
diverlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 1,148
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

I agree that the guy was standing his ground strongly but I don't understand why you think the guy should have been tazered when in fact he was not breaking any law. I think that is why the police sometimes rightfully earn the public's displeasure and concern. As a law abiding citizen, I want to be protected and not overly protected. Know what I mean?
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #58
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 36,378
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadairiii View Post
The cops should have Tazered his ass, never mind the reasons!
Nice.

Some people shouldn't be peace officers. I'm glad the cops in that video held their cool and did the right thing.
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #59
jadairiii
Registered User
 
jadairiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 1,895
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
....but I don't understand why you think the guy should have been tazered when in fact he was not breaking any law.
Because he was being a jerk, that's why. (that is why I am not a cop)


This guy knew exactly what he was doing, he was hoping for this to happen so he could tape it and put it on youtube and be a star. And in doing so he wasted the cop's time. And what did happen was that the cops handled it properly, did not arrest him, beat him, curse him, confiscate his weapon. So best he got was a video that only tin-hat crowd would crow about.
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #60
Aaron Proffitt+
Registered User
 
Aaron Proffitt+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 43
Posts: 3,585
Re: Tales of the growing Police State

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadairiii View Post
Because he was being a jerk, that's why. (that is why I am not a cop)


This guy knew exactly what he was doing, he was hoping for this to happen so he could tape it and put it on youtube and be a star. And in doing so he wasted the cop's time. And what did happen was that the cops handled it properly, did not arrest him, beat him, curse him, confiscate his weapon. So best he got was a video that only tin-hat crowd would crow about.
Bingo !! Begging for martyrdom...
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com