Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #61
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Tales of the growing Police State

I would expect more of this to start happening. The people are starting to get agitated by the unnecessary growing police state tactics. The people are starting to push back. Like the law just passed in Indiana allowing citizens to protect themselves against unlawful entry of police.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...lice-officers#
Old 06-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #62
jadairiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I would expect more of this to start happening. The people are starting to get agitated by the unnecessary growing police state tactics. The people are starting to push back. Like the law just passed in Indiana allowing citizens to protect themselves against unlawful entry of police.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...lice-officers#
So you can shoot before they show you the search warrant? How about if you feel the search warrant is "unlawful"?

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come? With your hands on your head Or on the trigger of your gun
Guns of Brixton
The Clash
jadairiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #63
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadairiii View Post
So you can shoot before they show you the search warrant? How about if you feel the search warrant is "unlawful"?
I haven't read the bill but no, I wouldn't think so. That would be stupid. I also don't think it matters if someone thinks it's unlawful or not. If they have a warrant, it's lawful.
Though I think this will stop the unlawful raids whereby they bust through the door w/o first presenting a warrant....you know....like the way it used to be done that respects the citizens' civil liberties.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #64
jadairiii

Quote:
....you know....like the way it used to be done that respects the citizens' civil liberties.
Really? Used to be done? When, where? You mean on TV when you were growning up?

Are you that blind that you dont see the real problem with this new law?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #65
Marcus

Quote:
Really? Used to be done? When, where? You mean on TV when you were growning up?

Are you that blind that you dont see the real problem with this new law?
Are you implying that SWAT raids where just as common 30yrs ago as now?
Really? SWAT raids for minor drug offenses where they shoot the dogs and possibly anyone that thinks and is acting like there is a burglar outside??

I've made no comment on this new law but to one possible outcomes. I haven't given it much thought. You apparently have something on your mind, what is it?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #66
jadairiii

Quote:
....I haven't given it much thought.....

Nothing new.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #67
Marcus

Geesh...try to have a civil conversation to learn something and all I get is a insulting remark. You don't have very many friends, do you?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #68
jadairiii

Quote:
Geesh...try to have a civil conversation to learn something and all I get is a insulting remark. You don't have very many friends, do you?
No I dont.

But OK, I'll play, how about this, for whatever reason, the black helicopters are over your house in Indiana, SRT teams are swarming your yard, no warrant at all, they bust down your door. You, after having read on SpearBoard that you can use deadly force to protect your home from wrongful intrusions by the Teams, pull out your trusty AR platform 5.56 and start capping the SRT team members. Life is good, that is until you realize there are more of them then there are of you. You die, but knowing you were in the right. Your family (the ones not killed in the melee) files a federal law suit against the local LEO's and collect handsomely in the confidential settlement

Or

You put up with the inconvenience of the illegal search, cooperate fully, diffuse the situation and then file a federal law suit against the local LEO's and collect handsomely in the confidential settlement.

My Father always taught me if you are going to fight the police, do it in court (which I have done successfully for 20 years), never in the street. On the street, right or wrong, the police are always right. That advice has served me well for over 50 years, kept me out of jail, out of the ER and out of trouble.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #69
STITCH
EMT

Quote:
On the street, right or wrong, the police are always right.
That is such a dangerous statement.
STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #70
Marcus

Quote:
But OK, I'll play, how about this, for whatever reason, the black helicopters are over your house in Indiana, SRT teams are swarming your yard, no warrant at all, they bust down your door. You, after having read on SpearBoard that you can use deadly force to protect your home from wrongful intrusions by the Teams, pull out your trusty AR platform 5.56 and start capping the SRT team members.
Doooooode, I think you're watching too much 24 TV series or something.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #71
J707

Quote:
You put up with the inconvenience of the illegal search, cooperate fully, diffuse the situation and then file a federal law suit against the local LEO's and collect handsomely in the confidential settlement.

My Father always taught me if you are going to fight the police, do it in court (which I have done successfully for 20 years), never in the street. On the street, right or wrong, the police are always right. That advice has served me well for over 50 years, kept me out of jail, out of the ER and out of trouble.
That doesn't sound as romantic as putting on our tricorne hats, shouting "give me liberty or give me death" and playing Revolution.

The real world and it's practical solutions are no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
That is such a dangerous statement.
It's actually a really safe one. The point is that even if they are in the wrong- you are not going to beat the police in a standoff, however righteous and rebellious it may sound to take some kind of stand against them. People can and do beat the police in court.
J707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #72
STITCH
EMT

Don't worry guy's you'll be able to sue the bastards assuming you live long enough.

"NEW YORK A former police officer admitted Thursday that he raped a schoolteacher he grabbed off the street on her way to work, pleading guilty to rape charges that had stymied jurors who convicted him of other high-level sex crimes in the same attack."

Her dad should sleep well tonight knowing that his daughter has the opportunity to sue the city. Glad she listened, how else would she have the opportunity to have her day in court.

http://www.policeone.com/corrections...uilty-to-rape/

"The jury found all five New Orleans Police Officers guilty of crimes related to the Danziger Bridge shooting, bringing the total number of New Orleans Police Officers guilty in this one incident to 10."

STITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #73
Kirk Killebrew

Cops are people too, and most are trying to do a job that most of us couldn't. Beating a mans door down seconds behind stun grenades, while fully armored in a sneak attack, is wrong. In the outside chance it's the wrong door, or the right door, no citizen should be treated this way, even if proven in a court of law to be guilty of a crime, much less by random hunch or suspicion.
If the police have a lawful warrant, and while serving it in a manner that is respectful to the occupant(s) of a domecile, if then they are met with hostility, then by all means, they should subdue the hostility with all force necessary to serve the law. Nothing more. As citizens, it is not too much for us to ask as their employers that enforcers of the law be bound to the law they enforce. Otherwise, lawlessness will be enforced in the minds of the people, which is exactly what is happening now in innercity America.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #74
jadairiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
Don't worry guy's you'll be able to sue the bastards assuming you live long enough.
You need to read some history books.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #75
Aaron Proffitt+

Those sorry ,self-serving, piece of shit LEO's....

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/22/us/was...html?hpt=hp_t2
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote