Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #61
fishouttawatta

Re: Fox News Watchers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
There should be no streamlining of the immigration process unless they are well educated and can prove it. I can't agree with anybody that taking in millions of people every year with 2nd grade educations who don't speak our language at all OR their own language with any degree of proficiency is in any way good for our country or it's people. This is just a plan for democrats to get more control over more of our money and economy as well as new voters to replace the stupid Americans that are finally pulling their head out of their......
An inefficient immigration system gives people an incentive to bypass and come in illegally. The problem is with incentives here. We need to make the jobs for illegals disappear by pressuring employers who hire illegally, eliminating minimum wage so those workers can work low skilled/low paying jobs if they desire. This would allow them to do so legally, pay taxes, get car insurance etc. We also make it easier for qualified people to immigrate legally (not everyone trying to come into this country is retarded as you like to think)
Mainly we need to not give away the farm when people do come here in the form of free everything. The incentives are HUGE to sneak into america. Until we fix those people will keep sneaking in. In case you haven't noticed they are already doing so and it is very clear that our Gov. won't do anything about it. The easiest way to lessen the burden on citizens is to integrate these people into our society so they can function legally without burdening the system.

Also this idea that we can just deport millions of people and secure the border is a pipe dream. A very expensive pipe dream. It will cost BILLIONS to deport that many people and they will just sneak back in. Billions that we do not have.

You also seem to forget that these are people, not "them". They deserve freedoms as much as you or I. Just because you were born a few degrees north you feel entitled and treat them as though they were another species. They are people, they are here and need to be integrated into society properly or the problem will continue.

Oh and vote libertarian.
fishouttawatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #62
Capt.Gene

5 Billion to fund the effects of not spending 5 Billion to close the border, and we still have the same problem. Meet them at the border with water and MRE's and turn them away. It's the only solution.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #63
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Gene View Post
5 Billion to fund the effects of not spending 5 Billion to close the border, and we still have the same problem. Meet them at the border with water and MRE's and turn them away. It's the only solution.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #64
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
You forgot how I give my dog Dom Perignon as it's not fit for my consumption
Well, I didn't want to go to far before you had a chance to tell everybody about driving to your mailbox every morning in the ol' Eurocopter.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #65
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Well, I didn't want to go to far before you had a chance to tell everybody about driving to your mailbox every morning in the ol' Eurocopter.
Well it is in the lower 40
Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #66
mepps1

Quote:
I honestly doubt it could be done at any price. It could be made more difficult than it is, but I'm not sure the numbers would change much. People tend to find ways.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #67
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
I honestly doubt it could be done at any price. It could be made more difficult than it is, but I'm not sure the numbers would change much. People tend to find ways.
Makes me thankful for bring born American. Ice been to some real shot holes and I don't blame people for trying to leave
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #68
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
Well it is in the lower 40
He's being modest, people. The lower 40 is 40 sections. In the Hamptons.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #69
mepps1

Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #70
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Exclusive: Border Patrol Agents Contracting Scabies, Agent Speaks Out, Given Cease and Desist Order

Quote:
“Every 72 hours we receive 140 children from Texas. In every one of these groups we are seeing some kind of disease or infection. We are seeing obvious scabies, head lice, kids coughing and spitting up mucus, poor sanitary and hygiene. These kids are wearing clothing they left their country in. Already we have had three agents who have contracted scabies from these kids.”
The Border Patrol Agent who is tasked with Health and Safety for the San Diego Border Patrol Sector has been issued a “cease and desist” order when speaking to media about the threat of illness as a result of thousands of immigrant children crossing the U.S. southern border.

Agent Ron Zermeno, who is also the Health and Safety Coordinator for the San Diego Sector was served a cease and desist order by his higher ups after he began to question the sanitary and health conditions for agents and for the 140 immigrant children who are being transported from Texas to California every 72 hours.

“Because I stood up and told the truth they are going to terminate me and I am going to fight it” says Zermeno who spoke exclusively to Benswann.com.

“They want to quickly get them through the system and get them into the community and let it become the communities problem” says Zermano....
Top General Says Mexico Border Security Now ‘Existential’ Threat to U.S.

Quote:
Molly O'Toole July 5, 2014

A top United States general in charge of protecting the southern border says he’s been unable to combat the steady flow of illegal drugs, weapons and people from Central America, and is looking to Congress for urgent help.

Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, commander of U.S. Southern Command, has asked Congress this year for more money, drones and ships for his mission – a request unlikely to be met. Since October, an influx of nearly 100,000 migrants has made the dangerous journey north from Latin America to the United States border. Most are children, and three-quarters of the unaccompanied minors have traveled thousands of miles from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras....
We can spend billions on controlling people in countries on the other side of the world but can't secure our own borders???? Surely nobody here believes this BS.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #71
techwiz44

Quote:
Here is how you protect the border. Broadcast this on latin american news and watch the northward flow disappear. And yes, I'm serious! Something this drastic is what it will take. Our nation is being invaded...Israel does not screw around with it's border security! We shouldn't either

Ranchers have been threatened, the other day the Mexican helicopter fired at our border guards. Time to get serious. ICE agents have testified that some of these illegals are speaking Arabic!
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #72
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Our nation is being invaded because the corrupt ruling class WANTS our nation to be invaded. They are solely responsible for it. If you want the problem to go away, the root has to be ripped out.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #73
mepps1

Techwiz, that's funny, because even Israel has a big problem with illegal immigration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal...rica_to_Israel

Good luck fencing our southern border better than Israel has fenced the border with Egypt.

And Israel is probably what- half the size of a small county in TX?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #74
techwiz44

Quote:
Techwiz, that's funny, because even Israel has a big problem with illegal immigration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal...rica_to_Israel

Good luck fencing our southern border better than Israel has fenced the border with Egypt.

And Israel is probably what- half the size of a small county in TX?
Yeah, not really a solution. But it would send one hell of a message!
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #75
Timinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishouttawatta View Post
An inefficient immigration system gives people an incentive to bypass and come in illegally. The problem is with incentives here. We need to make the jobs for illegals disappear by pressuring employers who hire illegally, eliminating minimum wage so those workers can work low skilled/low paying jobs if they desire. This would allow them to do so legally, pay taxes, get car insurance etc. We also make it easier for qualified people to immigrate legally (not everyone trying to come into this country is retarded as you like to think)
Mainly we need to not give away the farm when people do come here in the form of free everything. The incentives are HUGE to sneak into america. Until we fix those people will keep sneaking in. In case you haven't noticed they are already doing so and it is very clear that our Gov. won't do anything about it. The easiest way to lessen the burden on citizens is to integrate these people into our society so they can function legally without burdening the system.

Also this idea that we can just deport millions of people and secure the border is a pipe dream. A very expensive pipe dream. It will cost BILLIONS to deport that many people and they will just sneak back in. Billions that we do not have.

You also seem to forget that these are people, not "them". They deserve freedoms as much as you or I. Just because you were born a few degrees north you feel entitled and treat them as though they were another species. They are people, they are here and need to be integrated into society properly or the problem will continue.

Oh and vote libertarian.
Sounds great! Only thing is we have laws on the books right now that does almost every single thing you've said.

Billions? Just like the Billions Obama is asking for to allow these completely uneducated 15-18 year old's into the country. That same money can be used to drive them back to the border. There are thousands every day being let in instead of being turned around like the law says.

As has been mentioned, we already naturalize over 3 times as many (750,000) immigrants a year. This is more than any other country in the world and more than all other countries combined. As a country we're broke and in debt. How can we continuously take in, feed and educate everybody from anywhere in the world and stay a country. It's not working, we're broke, we have laws, we have constitution we have to follow that or we're screwed.

I don't think working Americans should be forced to pay for these illegal immigrants when there are laws on the books that aren't being enforced that would have prevented this. We don't live in a Utopian society and we can't afford to pay for every other country's problems, if you feel we should then other Libertarians along with all registered Democrats should flip the bill.

I use to vote Libertarian, I honestly did. There are just too many detrimental and unforeseen costs to society that go along with the Libertarian view of complete legalization of everything without any financial responsibility to go with it. Again, we're not living in a Utopian society.