Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Shootafish2

The Jewish State In A Morally Sick World

http://www.dennisprager.com/jewish-s...ly-sick-world/

"Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude."

Zig Ziglar
Shootafish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
North Star
Max

Re: The Jewish State In A Morally Sick World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootafish2 View Post
Excellent article. Thanks for posting this.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
fishfan

Excellent article, how can anyone argue with it? The truth is the truth.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
mepps1

Yes. Just as that article concludes, most people who stand opposed to Israeli state violence do so because they hate jews.

Just as most people who oppose the Obama presidency do so because they are racist haters.

Simple explanations satisfy the simple-minded. Rah, rah. Kill 'em all and let Allah sort 'em out. Jesus loves smart bombs.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
fishfan

The article broke it down to its basic level of what is going on over there.
Of course there are deeper issues, history of the region and problems.

I don't hate Obama because I'm a racist, I hate him because he's an incompetent tool.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
The article broke it down to its basic level of what is going on over there.
Of course there are deeper issues, history of the region and problems.
But the "deeper issues" are the only real issues!

Deeper Issue #1- American and western (American and British, primarily) active support of the Muslim Brotherhood throughout the ME as a counterweight against Soviet communism and Arab nationalism. Arab nationalism was perceived (wrongly) as being sympathetic to communism, and (rightly) as a threat to American and British oil interests in the region and to Saudi Arabia directly. Which leads directly to.......

Deeper Issue #2- American support for the Saudi regime, which regime was and is intellectually, morally, and spiritually a desert waste. The house of Saud was almost certainly incapable of maintaining its own national hegemony. Given American military protection the Saudis have amassed astonishing wealth, billions of dollars of which they have channeled into support for the Muslim Brotherhood and the most ignorant, radical, hateful, and divisive forms of Sunni Islam.

Deeper Issue #3- American and Israeli terrorism. There. I said it. Blowing up houses and women and children and is terrorism. It's evil. It's murder. I don't care if you "meant to" or not. A dead child blown to bloody hamburger is just as dead and just as ugly if it was "collateral damage" as it would be if the dead child was the intended recipient. Murder of innocents is murder. Perhaps all the happy warriors and arm-chair killers can hope that God doesn't really care about "their kids". Sow the wind.........

God will certainly damn all the nominally Christian teachers who have spread deception in their flocks that God is just fine with killing babies and children. But perhaps some will repent before the judgement.

Last edited by mepps1; 08-23-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
North Star
Max

The fallacy of your reasoning is this: If a thug comes to my house in the middle of the night intent on raping my wife, and brings his 5 year old daughter with him, and in the darkness of the gloom I kill him, (and his daughter with a stray bullet) I absolutely am not culpable for the death of his daughter. He is, because he brought her to the war.

Hamas brings its civilians to the war. They alone are responsible for their deaths. If they don't intend for their civilians to die (and they DO intend for them to die) then they should fight on a battlefield that is separate from them.

Better yet - don't come to my house to rape my wife - and don't launch rockets into Israel. Then, nobody dies.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
The fallacy of your reasoning is this: If a thug comes to my house in the middle of the night intent on raping my wife, and brings his 5 year old daughter with him, and in the darkness of the gloom I kill him, (and his daughter with a stray bullet) I absolutely am not culpable for the death of his daughter. He is, because he brought her to the war.

Hamas brings its civilians to the war. They alone are responsible for their deaths. If they don't intend for their civilians to die (and they DO intend for them to die) then they should fight on a battlefield that is separate from them.

Better yet - don't come to my house to rape my wife - and don't launch rockets into Israel. Then, nobody dies.
No. The analogy would be this; Some punks from the neighboring block have been taking potshots at cars in the street, so I level most of the block with bombs, the good with the bad.

Disproportionate. Evil. Murder.

Especially after it becomes clear that me and my homies conspired to aid and abet the punks taking potshots as a way to make sure the neighboring block would remain powerless and fractured.

Has or has not Israel deliberately aided Hamas as a counterweight to the PLO?

Who is being held accountable for that act of indirect terrorism?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
No. The analogy would be this; Some punks from the neighboring block have been taking potshots at cars in the street, so I level most of the block with bombs, the good with the bad.

Especially after it becomes clear that me and my homies conspired to aid and abet the punks taking potshots as a way to make sure the neighboring block would remain powerless and fractured.

Ypu can't win with logic. When it comes to Israel you can only argue with emotion. If you try explaining the various contradictions you are liable to be called an anti Semite.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Its their problem.Let them sort it out.The problems with both sides are many and we are not going to fix it.Being involved in their dispute is like going to a domestic dispute call.You get there to calm things down and when the guy gets cuffed the beaten woman tries to gouge your eyes out because your taking her man away!We will not come out as a hero or a friend.They act nice to get stuff.Thats not a friend.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Hamas brings its civilians to the war.
Correction, Hamas beats/threatens the civilians if they try to leave the area. It's not like the citizens want to stay.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #12
North Star
Max

Quote:
Even if you grant that premise (which I am not convinced is true) it is no different than if the Democratic party deliberately aided the Tea Party so as to counterweight and fracture the Republican party, dividing their support and rendering them incapable of winning.

It is called political strategy. It never justifies Hamas tossing bombs into another country and all the consequences that follow that act, including civilian deaths.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Correction, Hamas beats/threatens the civilians if they try to leave the area. It's not like the citizens want to stay.
I am aware of that. I am sure the 5 year old girl did not want to accompany her daddy on the rape mission either.

Both are victims of evil people - the daddy, and Hamas.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
mepps1

Quote:
Even if you grant that premise (which I am not convinced is true) it is no different than if the Democratic party deliberately aided the Tea Party so as to counterweight and fracture the Republican party, dividing their support and rendering them incapable of winning.

It is called political strategy. It never justifies Hamas tossing bombs into another country and all the consequences that follow that act, including civilian deaths.
As the saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. I've posted several articles establishing this very fact. At least one of these contained first-hand accounts.

I've also posted books you could read if interested.

If Israel and the west are genuinely interested in stopping terrorism, mightn't it be wise to stop sponsoring it? If Israel and the west are genuinely interested in ending appalling violence, ought we not to stop perpetrating it?

And obviously, nothing whatever justifies Hamas firing missiles into Israel. What has that got to do with anything? Why would you interpret my opposition to Israel's appalling violence as an endorsement of the sick depravity of Hamas?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #15
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post

This is the opinion I'm forming. Corrupt native and global parasites are using and depleting our vast wealth for their aspirations. It's always to protect us from the terrorists isn't it.

When was the last time political leadership from any organization called for a cage match, mono/mono to the death to settle disputes? Wouldn't that be refreshing... The ones with the most greed at stake actually not hiding behind civilians/using young men and woman to kill/be killed. Give me a f'kn break.

Every move they make is to shape public opinion. They do it using every tool imaginable - but the truth can be seen if one lifts enough rocks and shines light into the hole.
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote