Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #16
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Re: Carly Fiorina is one damn smart lady!

You guys? Oh I see, you are a person who makes generalizations about people you know nothing about. I guess I'll take your advice and donate to her campaign now.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #17
Timinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
You guys? Oh I see, you are a person who makes generalizations about people you know nothing about. I guess I'll take your advice and donate to her campaign now.
Sorry, I forgot, all those in MA have it all figured out...LOL.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #18
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
That was during the tech bubble and most companies lost everything, she leveraged the company for positions in the future and it worked exactly as planned. Most of the BOD were replaced after those times for forcing her to in directions she told them would fail (those were your Wall Street buddies).

I thought you guys all hated Wall Street, now you're quoting them to make a point? LOL.

You guys are right though, we need to get behind a straight shooter who's beyond reproach like Hillary Clinton. Someone who's never had to create or produce a single thing, someone who's every move through life was given to her and despite that, every move was filled with scandal and lies. Yea, she's our gal.
I know people that know what a sleaze she is and will still will vote for her.This couple are FSA that are hep c infected,drug addicted parasites that have no problem killing a baby with a drill bit so theres that aspect of the voter base.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #19
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot, all those in MA have it all figured out...LOL.
If I had it all figured out iI would run for president. You go on supporting a failed business exec. Can't be any worse than supporting any of the other bozos running for the WH.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #20
WESTBURY

Quote:
She couldn't run a company,she sure as hell can't run a country
Mark Hurd was fired at HP too.

He seems to be doing pretty well at Oracle.

My point being that even a failed CEO can learn from their mistakes and lets face it, you have to be a pretty high performing individual to even get to that position and it doesn't happen overnight. It usually takes years of prior success, hard work, organization, leadership, etc.

In other words, you don't go from a "community organizer" to CEO of a major corporation like HP. That only happens in politics

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #21
Timinator

Well, it's good we've all got it figured out. But, leading back to my original post; once you hear her speak, answer questions, deal with accusations, etc., you're going to sit back and say, "that was pretty damn good, real good". That was my only point. I've heard them all speak, over and over again, she's a bit different. It's not from a political position, it's from a common sense position. Bottom line, she's qualified way beyond every Senator running, including Rand Paul, her politics you may not like compared to Paul or others, but she's more than qualified and she can back it up in spades.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTBURY View Post

My point being that even a failed CEO can learn from their mistakes and lets face it, you have to be a pretty high performing individual to even get to that position and it doesn't happen overnight. It usually takes years of prior success, hard work, organization, leadership, etc.

In other words, you don't go from a "community organizer" to CEO of a major corporation like HP. That only happens in politics
True. she did fairly well at Lucent but then she didn't run the entire show. The point is she is running on her record at HP so that is what should be examined. Not if she would do well at another company. And while Obama is a mediocre or less of a president that isn't who the candidates should be compared to or else we have try lowered our standards to the bottom
Old 04-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #23
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Quote:
Well, it's good we've all got it figured out. But, leading back to my original post; once you hear her speak, answer questions, deal with accusations, etc., you're going to sit back and say, "that was pretty damn good, real good". That was my only point. I've heard them all speak, over and over again, she's a bit different. It's not from a political position, it's from a common sense position. Bottom line, she's qualified way beyond every Senator running, including Rand Paul, her politics you may not like compared to Paul or others, but she's more than qualified and she can back it up in spades.
A person running for the Oval Office who is a good speaker is what got us where we are today. Maybe the way the processes set up is such that anyone who would truly be a great president can't run
Old 04-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #24
Timinator

Mark Hurd did well at NCR too. Lucky for him, the "Good o'l Boy" network is still deeply entrenched.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #25
Timinator

Quote:
A person running for the Oval Office who is a good speaker is what got us where we are today. Maybe the way the processes set up is such that anyone who would truly be a great president can't run
Are you frigging kidding me? Someone at her level, with the positions she's held and the 10's of thousands of people/tax payers she's help employ makes her more qualified than the top 100 Democrats who could possibly run, ran or have ruined the presidency.

As far as the "process set up so no great presidents can run", you're arguing against the one person outside the political beltway who's trying to run! What the hell are you talking about, wouldn't that be a good thing?????
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
jetro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTBURY View Post

I'm not even sure she is a failed CEO. Most CEO's have a relatively short stint before moving on for various reasons. The average is only around 5-6 years. Fiorina was CEO during the bubble bust and a major successful merger. At any rate she is more than qualified especially when compared to any offering that the "progressives" have or have had in many years.
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:15 AM   #27
WESTBURY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetro View Post
I'm not even sure she is a failed CEO. Most CEO's have a relatively short stint before moving on for various reasons. The average is only around 5-6 years. Fiorina was CEO during the bubble bust and a major successful merger. At any rate she is more than qualified especially when compared to any offering that the "progressives" have or have had in many years.
My bad.

I should have put the word "failed" in quotation marks.
I don't think of her as a failure. I wish I could "fail" as bad as her, lol

WESTBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #28
Capt.Gene

Quote:
That's a pretty shallow evaluation of an elected bag of shit.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #29
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
I think you have to understand that anyone who would truly be a great president is probably too smart to even want to take that job.

Only an egotistical narccisist would really dream of having that position so we are truely left with only lying politicians who are only out for themselves.

If we could manage to find someone really qualified who would truely want the job, and for the right reason, he would have to become a sleazy liar just to get specific block voters to enable him/her to get elected.

Just the way it is.....
Old 04-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #30
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
I think you have to understand that anyone who would truly be a great president is probably too smart to even want to take that job.

Only an egotistical narccisist would really dream of having that position so we are truely left with only lying politicians who are only out for themselves.

If we could manage to find someone really qualified who would truly want the job, and for the right reason, he would have to become a sleazy liar just to get specific block voters to enable him/her to get elected.

Just the way it is.....
Ding. Winner.

This is the crux of our problem. I talk about it all the time. I've been a manager all my career, from first line supervisor to corporate. I cant imagine wanting to be a politician. We are really fooked because the people who want to be a politician seem to be after wealth only and they actually (like the Clintons) view the whole thing as a way to get rich. There's a real disconnect between these people and us. I wish we could straighten out this mess but I doubt it. Sucks to be us...
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote