Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #91
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

Re: Watching western society fall apart has its better points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
"Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by."

I do believe that is what is called a non sequitur But it's funny anyway.
Yep, observations based on truth are "funny".

So, after reading the links I posted what did you think?
I know, I know, you were not taught that in school, right? Or, you were a bad student and could not grasp History? Your statement here pretty much puts you in the low IQ department, "since the United States was founded on separation of church and state", 80 IQ. Now don't take it the wrong way, we all are not equal.
Tell us how equality has worked out here in America, has it been good, bad or something else? How do women vote as a group? Is it for individual liberty or for more fed.gov help? How do minorities vote as a group? Do you think the new Somalia import will support freedom and liberty or keep taking fed.gov handouts? Do mexicans as a group understand a Constitutional form of government? Or do they take advantage of the host country? What if all the Founders were Jewish? Would the Constitution look like it does now? Not that anyone follows the Constitution today, but...?
We all await your answers.

On a side note, how do you feel about the destruction of Southern Monuments? And, is Bruce Jenner a female? Just curious.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

Last edited by fitz; 06-17-2017 at 07:25 PM.
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #92
mepps1

;
Quote:
Is the idea that "Western Society" was the good old days of a homogeneous community where the minorities and even women were marginalized. However the advent of WWII forced society to utilize all of our resources including women and minorities in a collective effort for survival. We can't go back.
Oh yeah, let's all go back! But why go back just part way? Why not go all the way back to when our ancestors were cannibals who partook in ritual human sacrifice?

It's not about "going back" to some mythical golden era, which never was after Eden.

It's about saving what was good while discarding what was bad. Only an idiot burns his old house down around him to make room for a new one which he hasn't even conceived in his mind.

Women "marginalized"? You mean like in the bad old days when a woman's worth was measured strictly in terms of her economical and workplace utility and the nurturing and caring side of women was demeaned as being of less value than some silly contest to achieve parity with men? Or were you referring to barbaric times when suicidal cultures sent women into combat? Oh wait! That's now!

The whole "progressive" experiment has gone multiple generations awry. Whole multitudes have believed the deadly fable that being "on the path of progress" is more important than making certain that what passes for "progress" is not regression in fact.

Last edited by mepps1; 06-17-2017 at 09:53 PM.
mepps1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #93
mepps1

Quote:
Let's see, defining Western society as Christian, we are talking about Western Europe since the United States was founded on separation of church and state. The western European countries all have a state Christian church, I believe.
Your analysis of history demonstrates careful nuance and thorough understanding comparable to that of a chimpanzee rejuvenating a Stradivarius with a stone hammer and an anvil.

The United States was quite certainly not "founded on separation of church and state". You're repeating silly gobbledygook as though it were factual. In fact, most of the states had "state churches" from their founding. (Mind you, I think that was a very bad idea, for a long list of reasons which are likely beyond the grasp of someone who repeats historical bromides as factual reality.)

http://undergod.procon.org/view.reso...ourceID=000069

Quote:
So, harking back to the good ole days of the Spanish Inquisition where the thought was, if you torture an individual until they confessed sins, real or not, then you kill them instantly, you have claimed a soul for the good side. Now that's something to aspire to, right?
Yeah. Catholics killed and persecuted some people. So did protestants. I guess you should live in a grass hut in Africa in order to avoid the moral hazard of benefitting from western civilization. They probably never killed anyone over there.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #94
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Noice. Very well expressed.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #95
manmarvel

this is board will now be for posting how western society is decaying into racism and hate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15267649_286324498483767_5580200813186075303_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	233989  
manmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #96
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
this is board will now be for posting how western society is decaying into racism and hate.
Right. Because you're going to out everyone here with all both of your sign-carrying friends after you borrow five bucks from your mom to meet them at Starbucks for a vanilla frappe.

Soy, of course, but with extra whipped cream.

While you're there, the barista will be wondering how you keep your hands so silky soft. She might even ask what kind of moisturizer you use. Ignore the slightly askew smirk she didn't quite hide.

I'm sure she wasn't implying anything.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #97
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Manmarvel, you've been the epitome of hate and racism on this board.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:27 PM   #98
manmarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Manmarvel, you've been the epitome of hate and racism on this board.
hahaha

ok lemme get this straight, i say

"you all are ignoring oppression, police brutality, and an unfair justice system that is affecting black communities"

your response

"you're the epitome of hate"

Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #99
manmarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Right. Because you're going to out everyone here with all both of your sign-carrying friends after you borrow five bucks from your mom to meet them at Starbucks for a vanilla frappe.

Soy, of course, but with extra whipped cream.

While you're there, the barista will be wondering how you keep your hands so silky soft. She might even ask what kind of moisturizer you use. Ignore the slightly askew smirk she didn't quite hide.

I'm sure she wasn't implying anything.
lol you're fetishizing how much you hate this imaginary "liberal" "cuck" you think i am. its pretty weird, but also kinda funny man. your a different little weird one hahah. your sitting at your computer imagining as you type HAHAHA. lol I'm cracking up.

i brew my coffee every morning. I don't eat out, cook everyday. I eat fancy stuff when i shoot fish. and that doesn't affect my respect for humanity.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #100
mepps1

https://www.garynorth.com/public/16743.cfm
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #101
mepps1

https://www.theautomaticearth.com/20...-at-the-brink/
Old 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #102
mepps1

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/ca...nder-pronouns/
Old 06-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #103
Mango Tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Why not interspecies marriage?
You are a ****ing retard, lol. No other animal can give consent, case closed.
Mango Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #104
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Tango View Post
This thread is going into LA(lower Alabama territory)Im not judging.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #105
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Tango View Post
Well, Aren't you a peach.

So, let me get this straight....... No animal can "give consent", but men can get pregnant?

Seems to me that philosophy and ethics are debatable, but biology is not.

Thanks for the spirited and high-toned reasonable debate we've had here!