Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #31
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Coral bleaching threat level raised on heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef

http://mashable.com/2016/03/20/coral.../#gRa6Xzi0eEqN

SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #32
mepps1

Re: Alert to Deniers - February breaks global temperature records by 'shocking' amoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Coral bleaching threat level raised on heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef

http://mashable.com/2016/03/20/coral.../#gRa6Xzi0eEqN

Oh, well.

I'm sure it's no problem that throwing a few tons of money to favored organizations and scientists won't fix.

Nothing makes people fell better than pissing away money on hopeless or misguided causes. It's a win-win situation for everyone. Maybe they could get Sally Struthers to pose next to a starving coral head.

$$$$Woohoo!!!!
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #33
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Antarctica's ice is being carved up from below

- Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...315-story.html

Awesome! Timinator, stop attacking these bastions of truth like the Chicago Tribune. Just like Chicage, they are as pure as the wind driven snow. They could not possibly be owned by the same people that are driving the global warming/climate change agenda. Surely they are an independent organization looking out for their best interests. Your insinuations are offensive to every gov't paid scientist ever.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:27 PM   #34
OBLIGATED

Snow in Carolina todaySo much for paddleboarding!
Old 03-21-2016, 01:26 AM   #35
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Awesome! Timinator, stop attacking these bastions of truth like the Chicago Tribune. Just like Chicage, they are as pure as the wind driven snow. They could not possibly be owned by the same people that are driving the global warming/climate change agenda. Surely they are an independent organization looking out for their best interests. Your insinuations are offensive to every gov't paid scientist ever.
Best tongue in cheek I have read in a while.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #36
mepps1

Chicago Tribune Headline;

Even Airplanes are Being Overtaken by Rising Seas!!!!

Huffpo sez this airplane this plane was commandeered by polar bears trying to outrun the Gorepocalypse, but it ran out of fuel before they made landfall.

It's hard to ignore hard science.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aiplanes in the sea.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	224788  
Old 03-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #37
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Just came back from a conference where a ocean rise was a topic. Some very interesting points and observations but when I requested the source of the data used in the presented models the presenter went off like a rocket. They were going down the road of 6+ feet by 2100 with all the scary new shoreline boundaries and how it was already creating "Ghost Forests" on the coast that never happened before. I let the presenter know that Indians coined the term originally noting the same coastal dead tree stands long before the use of fossil fuel and that the occurrence of such is caused by tropical storm tidal surges dropping billions of gallons of seawater inshore causing the kills.

Needless to say the presenter’s mood went downhill from there. She tried to hold her composure but once I pulled up actual NOAA sea rise annual figures and did the math including a standard deviation we were looking at around a potential 10" rise over the next 85 years. She lost it and would not even speak to me throughout the rest of the conference even though I wanted to discuss what seemed to be an actual trend in rising temperature and sea level.

I rather enjoy discussions concerning things like this. Too many times people who think they are in the know utilize statistics and focus on outliers to predict their doom and gloom. Asking questions seem to be the best way to separate the real from the BS with people who claim to be “experts”.
Brainwashed sheep have always had difficulty with handling a logical conversation/discussion. Even if they have good data they are somehow threatened by logical questions that make them possibly rethink or question their predetermined agenda.
Then again, I may fall into that same box. There is no possible way in hell I could ever be logically convinced in any sort of discussion that could possibly make me vote for Hilary.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #38
Marcus

You talk like you've had some Six Sigma training, Kmoose.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:40 PM   #39
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
You talk like you've had some Six Sigma training, Kmoose.
now that made me laugh out loud in the bar I am in....almost spit out my beer.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #40
mepps1

More hard science. If this sort of clear scientific consensus keeps coming, I may have to reconsider my views.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/08/feminis...e-science/amp/

Gosh. It's almost as if you can sell total bullshit and gibberish just by linking your research to "climate change". Good thing researchers and scientists aren't motivated by money like the rest of us. Otherwise, one might suppose that the resulting "science" could be a little skewed.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #41
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
More hard science. If this sort of clear scientific consensus keeps coming, I may have to reconsider my views.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/08/feminis...e-science/amp/

Gosh. It's almost as if you can sell total bullshit and gibberish just by linking your research to "climate change". Good thing researchers and scientists aren't motivated by money like the rest of us. Otherwise, one might suppose that the resulting "science" could be a little skewed.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #42
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Global Warming Could Yield Catastrophic Effects In 50 Years' Time

- Fortune

http://fortune.com/2016/03/22/james-...lobal-warming/

SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #43
Marcus

"Could this...Could that"..basically they don't know what's going to happen other than it WILL happen. That's the one certain thing; It has happened. Know what? Chicken butt...no seriously, IF it some calamity DID happen, people would adapt...and there is no amount of money or hand wringing that would ever stop it. Furthermore, these charlatans would have you believe that any such change would be a TIDAL WAVE w/ GODZILLA coming out of it whilst causing 9 LEVEL EARTHQUAKES on the RICHTER SCALE!!
But, if you will only consent to a carbon tax paid to an IMF global banker who will kindly (with a very low percentage fee of 1% on TRILLIONS in taxes for their services of deciding how to distribute your money fairly from the modern countries to the third world nations. In the process, sovereignty will be removed. Mission accomplished.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #44
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
"Could this...Could that"..basically they don't know what's going to happen other than it WILL happen.and there is no amount of money or hand wringing that would ever stop it.

EXACTLY

But, if you will only consent to a carbon tax paid to an IMF global banker who will kindly (with a very low percentage fee of 1% on TRILLIONS in taxes for their services of deciding how to distribute your money fairly from the modern countries to the third world nations. In the process, sovereignty will be removed. Mission accomplished.
AND THAT is the sad, very sad truth
Old 03-22-2016, 10:36 PM   #45
Marcus

It is exactly the plan hatched by Rockefeller at the 1992 Rio Earth Summit. The whole idea of convincing the world that carbon, from "fossil" fuels, had to be controlled. The propaganda has been instituted ever since then. Our children have been taught this nonsense in the Fed educational system. Everything you hear about "sustainability, Green, Save the Earth" type stuff that is on the TV every Sat and Sun instead of cartoons is meant to indoctrinate the kids. This is all following the official UN Agenda 21 document that our crooked deep state rulers have been implementing.
BTW, Rockefeller pulled a similar scandal by convincing the public that oil was made from dinosaurs, thus implying the idea of scarcity and creating higher margins. The whole 'fossil fuel' idea for crude has never been proven. The best research I've read is from a Russian scientist that provides very good evidence that it is a replenishing fuel whereby the turnover of the Earth's carbon, along w/ pressure/heat turns it into crude.