Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #331
ny_er

Re: Holding Trump accountable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Schulte View Post
I did some quick research online and cannot find where Goebbels is quoted as saying the above. He did say several things which have been quoted many times in the past but I just cannot find a reference to the above.

https://www.inspiringquotes.us/autho...oseph-goebbels

Here's one that's true

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...you-are-guilty
yeah I think the attribution is bullshit but it still is a fitting quote.

It's noteworthy that people have given up on defending trump and are just going with "well the other side is just as bad" or personal attacks.

Curious to see if he shuts down the government if they don't fund his wall.

We are going to build a wall, we are going to increase military spending, we are going to have an infrastructure project .... and he is going to cut taxes to pay for it.

Curious to see how it all works
Old 08-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #332
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post
It's noteworthy that people have given up on defending trump and are just going with "well the other side is just as bad" or personal attacks.
Not really true, Haters will continue to hate. Why argue with idiots.

I am not a Trump fan at all, but am very willing to give him a chance without constant harassment like our media does. I think the first five news articles on my email homepage yesterday were all pictures of him looking up at the eclipse without glasses...followed by a bunch of rhetoric....
That's pretty pathetic even in your book I would hope.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #333
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Ditto, but w/o the news feeds. I can't stand the MSM crap. I'm currently not happy that he hasn't achieved more but he does have a LOT of deep state fighting him. Something that Hillary would embrace instead of fight. I didn't vote for either.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:25 AM   #334
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ditto, but w/o the news feeds. I can't stand the MSM crap. I'm currently not happy that he hasn't achieved more but he does have a LOT of deep state fighting him. Something that Hillary would embrace instead of fight. I didn't vote for either.
He actually may have done more than we realize but of course the MSM will not keep us "informed" with anything "RELEVANT".

In one of the industries I work , Trump has overturned some bullshit EPA mandates signed by Obama, that would have greatly benefited both Honeywell Corp and Dupont with BS patents. Both of them are very deep into the governments pockets. So when I see moves like this, I REALLY like him...

I hope like hell he will attack the EPA fuel/alcohol issue for us boaters but that would REALLY hurt his support base. So he may not tackle that one which would make him just another politician. But I hope he proves me wrong.

Last edited by riplipper; 08-25-2017 at 03:02 PM.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #335
Marcus

America's "Deep State First" Policy
Old 08-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #336
Marcus

Whelp...+1 for the Donald. One would have to adimit that it would NEVER happen under Clinton.

Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio

BTW, I'm fair as F. I'm just calling it like I see it. I have no allegiance to any party...as I've learned a LONG time ago that they are equally corrupt. Paid shills like Mangargle would like you to think different.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:38 AM   #337
ny_er

Quote:
BTW, I'm fair as F. I'm just calling it like I see it. I have no allegiance to any party...as I've learned a LONG time ago that they are equally corrupt.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #338
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post
What's so funny? I guess this is just another example of you not listening to evidence and being blissfully ignorant. There were many experts on the subject that put on record that the birth cert was fake. BUT, as you are...you don't want to hear evidence by experts, you choose to blindly follow the paid for fake news of the MSM.
That's OK. Don't awake to reality...but don't come on here and try to convince the awakened of the false reality. It will NEVER happen.
I'm being as pleasant as possible and would like to remain so, as we've had history. I believe it was when I was railing against Bush??? I seem to recall, at the time, that you welcomed me to your restaurant in KW?? My, how times have changed due to political truths. Sad...and I haven't even expressed my pleasure about Trump. I wonder if you'd still like me if I expressed likeness in Hillary or Bernie. What a screwed up world we're in.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #339
Marcus

Great. As if they weren't already militarized.

Trump To Lift Obama-Era Ban On Sale Of Military Weapons To Police
Old 08-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #340
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Great. As if they weren't already militarized.
Trump To Lift Obama-Era Ban On Sale Of Military Weapons To Police
Gotta disagree with you on this one Marc.....pretty much tit for tat....if all the pro gun folks want to own assault rifles, which I am fine with by the way, why not the cops??? Just sayin.

And I do realize this will most likely include drones, grenade launchers and many more accessories to possibly be used for surveillance ....but I really don't give a shit....I don't plan on breaking any laws...

"Don't do the crime if you cant do the time" was how we were raised...I am old, tired of the bullshit, and I feel the police have the right to protect themselves and go home to their families too. Really tired of people making excuses for bad criminal behavior that threatens LEOs lives and other innocent peoples lives.

I was taught 45 years ago that when you get pulled over, keep both hands on the steering wheel. Its not hard to do, and am pretty damn sure you could easily cut police shootings by 80% if people just did what they were instructed to do. Its not rocket science......or chemistry

cheers
Old 08-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #341
Marcus

"I don't plan on breaking any laws..."

Good luck with that. It's been proven to be almost impossible to not break a law in your day to day life. It's a slippery slope, just like the "I don't have nothing to hide" Next thing you know you've given all your privacy rights away.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #342
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
"I don't plan on breaking any laws..."

Good luck with that. It's been proven to be almost impossible to not break a law in your day to day life. It's a slippery slope, just like the "I don't have nothing to hide" Next thing you know you've given all your privacy rights away.
Yeah I know, but I'm just tired of us protecting and pampering scumbags...
Old 08-28-2017, 06:50 PM   #343
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Yeah I know, but I'm just tired of us protecting and pampering scumbags...
But isn't that how most facists gov'ts come to power? They allow criminals. degenerates. and such to scare the people into allowing more police power. Then they really take hold.
All this crap lately has been staged. Charlottesville was a total lie. Planned. For what reason??? Have you noticed all the distraction from the Wassermum Shultz (spelling?) debacle that was/is unfolding that seeks to expose the deep state corruption to the core?? Nope, my friend, it's all sleight of hand, IMO.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #344
Marcus

The Alarming Militarization Of American Police

Old 09-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #345
OBLIGATED

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ouse-lawn.html

Im sure the left will spin this in a negative way.MAGA!