Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #61
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

Re: Holding Trump accountable

Shocking, shocking I tell you!
Was Rand Paul was paid off or why would he put that in the bill? He is providing protection for the medical industry. You ask him, why won't he demand enforcement of current law, 15 United States Code Chapter 1, against the medical industry, or at least look at it? He's a physician, that might be a problem. Did he or has he ever engaged in price-fixing or collusion deceptive practices such as refusing to quote a price before a service is performed or billing two different people wildly different prices?
I am not for more regulation.
This smells like corruption. I would love to be wrong.
Trump has yet to say anything about this as far as I know. I will wait to hear something.

"Let me point out, once again, why Rand included this in his bill.

15 United States Code Chapter 1(CURRENT LAW) makes explicitly illegal any sort of price-fixing or collusion where market power exists. It provides both heavy civil ($10 to $100 million per instance) fines for persons and corporations, respectively, and in addition provides for felony criminal penalties of up to 10 years imprisonment for all persons involved.

The insurance industry tried to argue in the 1970s that Mccarran-Ferguson, a law which provides limited exemptions to 15 USC for insurance firms, shielded them -- and pharmacies -- from prosecution under these laws.

The case went to the Supreme Court and the insurance and pharamacy firms lost.

Normally, when such a thing happens the industry involved immediately changes how it operates because it has to. The law exists, the case was brought, it went as far as it can go in the court system and the highest court in the land said stop that crap right now.

But that didn't happen in this instance.

Instead the health-related industries put up their middle finger toward both the people of this nation and the United States Supreme Court, instead deciding to bribe Congress through their lobbying. They not only didn't change their behavior they accelerated it. Thus we have abuses of alleged "patents" (where no real change in formulation has occurred yet a "new drug patent" is issued for what amounts to a non-innovation), they pay off one company not to compete.vs. another (a black-letter violation of the law) they got Congress to make illegal the importation of drugs made by the same companies that happened to pass through other nations, and they "convinced" (through God knows what method) both federal and state attorneys general in both political parties equally to ignore not only the 100+ year old body of law in 15 Unites States Code but also all 50 state consumer protection laws and federal FTC regulations that bar deceptive practices*such as refusing to quote a price before a service is performed or billing two different people wildly different prices, often by 10x or more, for the exact same thing".

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

Last edited by fitz; 02-09-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: add
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #62
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

While you were typing, I was reforming my previous post. I didn't expect you to answer so soon there speedster.
Anyhow, I'll attempt to answer your, IMO, misinformed post.

Last edited by Marcus; 02-09-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #63
Marcus

Quote:
Did he or has he ever engaged in price-fixing or collusion deceptive practices such as refusing to quote a price before a service is performed or billing two different people wildly different prices?
I can tell you one thing...if he was crooked, the establishment would've crucified him and he would NEVER have occupied that office...due to his ideals resonating so close to his father's of which the Senate/Establishment KNEW Ron wasn't to be tempted by lobbyist, etc...as such his nickname was Dr. No. A TRUE statesman in our time.

Oh...wow...I just read the rest of your post. It really is a nice tangent from my previous observations. Notice how, once again, 'regulations' have created such an issue.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #64
fitz

You may be right.
The actual bottom line is Fed.Gov should not be involved in the medical industry, other than to make sure everyone plays fair.
We will see with Trump.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #65
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
The actual bottom line is Fed.Gov should not be involved in the medical industry, other than to make sure everyone plays fair.
Ding Ding winner, chicken dinner! Yes, the fed gov't involvement is EXACTLY the reason the med ind is so F'd up. Believe it or not, healthcare was actually affordable in the earlier capitalistic economy. The poor weren't thrown to the gutters either. There were religious institutions that served the poor w/ donations directly from the public that was WAY more efficient than forced moralism...is that even a word?? It should be.

Last edited by Marcus; 02-09-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 AM   #66
ny_er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There were religious institutions that served the poor w/ donations directly from the public that was WAY more efficient than forced moralism...is that even a word?? It should be.
Religion is dying out. What will serve in its place?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.163b84ec05c5

Also daily trump admin funny

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/kell...&ICID=ref_fark

Last edited by ny_er; 02-10-2017 at 07:28 AM.
ny_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #67
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

[quote=ny_er;2132790]Religion is dying out. What will serve in its place?

Probably nothing, However, kind people do not necessarily need religion to help others ....I don't have a religious bone in my body, but I donate to charities, I've worked for habitat, and a few other things without having the government steal from me.

Since you "appear" to be democrat, progressive or whatever, and based on how you have seen the intolerance of the progressives in this country act since the election, how do you see them filling the gap of something as beneficial as religious morals? What is your plan, bigger government? More handouts?

I have to ask, would you be willing to participate in a two level tax system?
One level for republicans, who do not believe in unlimited handouts and only want to help those in true need of help, and a second, much higher tax level for people like yourself who believe the government should completely give everyone ,including those that don't want to work, a free smart phone, computer, TV, housing, utilities and food. You do agree, just because the cant or wont work, they deserve everything you have, right?

Free shit does not come free, someone has to pay for it. And I really cant think of a more fair or better way to meet my needs and your wants than to have a two level tax code. Would this be a workable solution for you? It allows you to feel good about supporting the people you want to support and it would give me more money to help those I feel really need it and would truly appreciated it.

Everyone wins
Old 02-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #68
ny_er

[quote=riplipper;2132798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post
Religion is dying out. What will serve in its place?

Probably nothing, However, kind people do not necessarily need religion to help others ....I don't have a religious bone in my body, but I donate to charities, I've worked for habitat, and a few other things without having the government steal from me.

Since you "appear" to be democrat, progressive or whatever, and based on how you have seen the intolerance of the progressives in this country act since the election, how do you see them filling the gap of something as beneficial as religious morals? What is your plan, bigger government? More handouts?

I have to ask, would you be willing to participate in a two level tax system?
One level for republicans, who do not believe in unlimited handouts and only want to help those in true need of help, and a second, much higher tax level for people like yourself who believe the government should completely give everyone ,including those that don't want to work, a free smart phone, computer, TV, housing, utilities and food. You do agree, just because the cant or wont work, they deserve everything you have, right?

Free shit does not come free, someone has to pay for it. And I really cant think of a more fair or better way to meet my needs and your wants than to have a two level tax code. Would this be a workable solution for you? It allows you to feel good about supporting the people you want to support and it would give me more money to help those I feel really need it and would truly appreciated it.

Everyone wins
The only problem with your post is your basic lack of knowledge

Most of the tax money is spend on the military, medicare and social security, how old are now, you still don't know that?

Which are the ones you think we are better without, there are so many conflicting numbers but actually food stamps/welfare, which have gone up, are a pretty small percentage.

So even if they were totally gone, you would still be a long way from a tax free utopia you are dreaming of.

It very easy to generate hate and outrage towards losers you see in the grocery store buying shrimp with their ebt card, but ultimately it's not them who are sucking up the tax dollars.

Anyways what do you guys think of Trump and his cronies/family continuously looking for ways to cash in on his presidency.

From holding $5k entrance fee parties at his resort to get a chance to access him, to funneling campaign contributions to his properties.

How about trying to promote his apprentice show at the national pray breakfast? Or was that just maybe dementia or something showing itself.

Now using Conway to help sell invanka's made in some sweathshop not in the U.S. clothing line

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/kellyan...clothing-line/

It's smart for the president to use the presidency to enrich himself, right?
Old 02-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #69
ny_er

two funny trump headlines in one day, bonus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world....5922be69efdds
Old 02-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #70
fitz

[quote=ny_er;2132806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post

Most of the tax money is spend on the military, medicare and social security, how old are now, you still don't know that?

Which are the ones you think we are better without, there are so many conflicting numbers but actually food stamps/welfare, which have gone up, are a pretty small percentage.

So even if they were totally gone, you would still be a long way from a tax free utopia you are dreaming of.

It very easy to generate hate and outrage towards losers you see in the grocery store buying shrimp with their ebt card, but ultimately it's not them who are sucking up the tax dollars.

Anyways what do you guys think of Trump and his cronies/family continuously looking for ways to cash in on his presidency.

From holding $5k entrance fee parties at his resort to get a chance to access him, to funneling campaign contributions to his properties.

How about trying to promote his apprentice show at the national pray breakfast? Or was that just maybe dementia or something showing itself.

Now using Conway to help sell invanka's made in some sweathshop not in the U.S. clothing line

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/kellyan...clothing-line/

It's smart for the president to use the presidency to enrich himself, right?
So, do you think the job of fed.gov is to provide for a nations security. You know that pesky Constitution?
Tell me, where in that great document does it speak about EBT, welfare, social security or health care? Or do you just ignore constitutional law? Make shit up as you go? How about dropping all the ones not listed for starters? Save big $ kimeosabe.
http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/hist...erated-powers/

The givemedats vs actual taxpayers will be interesting! It's coming. You EBT shrimp buyers are first and then we will work up to the people who support their shit. You are just as guilty as the shrimp fuc#, stealing from taxpayers.
Why don't you hold off your posts until Trump does something that he actually needs to be held accountable for. Go start a new thread, Anklebiting Trump, so we don't have to read your petty garbage.

Last edited by fitz; 02-10-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #71
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

[quote=ny_er;2132806][quote=riplipper;2132798]

No problem with my post, or lack of knowledge. Fully aware of the various expenditures of our government. Well sort of, I don't think anyone actuall knows how much we piss away.

By your logic, if you and your family live on a budget of say $5000 a month, and it is just enough to cover your expenses, but every month your wife was to spend $500 of that on paying the neighbors electric bill therefore driving you further and further in debt each month, you would be OK with that??? Sounds silly, but there is a direct parallel. So sorry, but I have to pay taxes, and when people are using EBT for shrimp, wedding cakes and such, I feel horribly taken advantage of because they are wasting my money that could have actually gone to help someone who desperately needs the help.

See, you think I am the selfish asshole, but in reality those abusing the system are the selfish assholes stealing from those that really need the help.

And your tabloid post about what Trump is doing. Really? Why do you care about that childish trivial shit?? Frankly I don't give a flying rats ass what Trump does with his money or his personal life, just like I didn't give a crap what Oby did with his. (oooooo Oby played golf today).....who gives a f**K??

The only thing I care about is the fact that he is trying to fix a severely broken government that does not have the majority of the people's best interest when they make their bullshit regulations and laws. And I am willing to give him more than two weeks to do it before I attack his ass.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #72
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

[quote=fitz;2132817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_er View Post
Go start a new thread, Anklebiting Trump, so we don't have to read your petty garbage.
Now that made me LOL
Old 02-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #73
Marcus

I got a chuckle out of it, too.

Hillary was pimping out the gov't w/ the Clinton Foundation for a LONG time...and you said nothing.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #74
Marcus

Here's some more ankle biters.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rs-do-your-job

Amazing how quickly the Left converted from "Love Trumps Hate" to anger and violence...

Quote:
Remember Piglosi at those town hall meetings when senior citizens asked her questions politely about Obamacare?

She screamed at the old folks calling them "Nazis" and stomped out and never had a town hall meeting again.

Do what Dems do, ignore them.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #75
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Amazing how quickly the Left converted from "Love Trumps Hate" to anger and violence...
True, you really cant even make this shit up. The hatred is almost blinding. Actually is blinding.

Can you imagine if that kind of hatred was shown demonstrating in the streets when Oby was elected. Probably would have resulted in martial law