Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:20 PM   #61
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Hate in the US

Mangargle, your quest has failed. All you've done is galvanized the resistance to tools like yourself. Give it up. You'll never change anyone's' minds to your ludicrous agenda. You are really the only one racist here.

CNN Gets Steamrolled By Their Own Charlottesville Panel: "The Media Is Not Being Honest"

Quote:
The Antifa group to me is totally a very Stalin-ish kind of group. If you’re willing to set fires and burn places to the ground, that doesn’t seem like a very peaceful group to me. The Antifa people didn't show up Friday night, they showed up Saturday. They came there to do battle. They showed up with helmets, body armor, clubs... They showed up with ballons filled with urine. The media is not covering it."
Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #62
Marcus

Globalist Strategy Exposed: Use Crazy Leftists And Provocateurs To Enrage/Demonize Conservatives

Quote:

"It is my view that the left is cannon fodder in this agenda. They are being wielded like a blunt instrument; a battering ram composed of useful idiots, a buzzing of flies and mosquitoes. Conservatives will be encouraged to act against constitutional values in order to stop this threat in the most brutal way."
Old 08-24-2017, 04:57 AM   #63
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Mike Rowe's post is most likely too logical for the illogical
Old 08-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #64
manmarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Like a said, you fail to comprehend MLKs message. But apparently you know everything.

"Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
once again your still not backing up your arguments with proof from my statements, and until then understand you are illogical. the logical thing to do would be to specifically refer to my arguments and the explain WHY they are wrong. you seem incapable? unable? unwilling?

ok for your one literally useless MLK quote ima drop SEVEN that are ACTUALLY USEFUL:

1) [white people’s belief in the fairness of America] “is a fantasy of self-deception and comfortable vanity….There aren’t enough white persons in our country who are willing to cherish democratic principles over privilege.”

2)“White Americans left the Negro on the ground and in devastating numbers walked off with the aggressor. It appeared that the white segregationist and the ordinary white citizen had more in common with one another than either had with the Negro.” ----> just how you'd rather defend neonnazis than admit police brutality is a racial problem.....

3)“I’ve come to the realization that I think we may be integrating into a burning house.” ----> this is SUPER important MLK speaks of a burning house!!! that burning house is what i speak of!!!!! its: police brutality, lack of education, forced economic stagnation. this is WHY HE GOT KILLED. BECAUSE AFTER INTEGRATION HE DIDNT STOP PROTESTING.

4)on how place do not provide justice in black communities: “Throughout our history, laws affirming Negro rights have consistently been circumvented by ingenious evasions which render them void in practice. Laws that affect the whole population—draft laws, income-tax laws, traffic laws—manage to work even though they may be unpopular: but laws passed for the Negro’s benefit are so widely unenforced that it is a mockery to call them laws.”

5)on the immoral nature of capitalism :
"“The trouble is that we live in a failed system. Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience and almost all others are doomed to be poor at some level….That’s the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, we’re going to have to change the system.”

6)on how creating tension in white communities brought about change : "freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor, it must be demanded by the oppressed."

7) A moral justification for the creation of tension: "true peace is not the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice." ----> pretty much saying "hey those protesters blocking traffic, they're not disturbing the peace, the racist cops who caused the protest to being with, they are the ones disturbing the peace.

MLK spoke about love yea, but really he spoke EVEN more about creating tension in white communities... your quoting one of his florid and motivational speeches. Read his ACTUAL writing: you'll see its much less timid..... calm, yet angry.

start of with "letter from a birmingham jail"
manmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #65
manmarvel

Quote:
Mike Rowe's post is most likely too logical for the illogical
your continuous use of the word logical, with no use of logic symbols, or no formal structuring (argument-->evidence) makes me question how well you understand the philosophic field of "logic"

for example "93% of violence is black on black crime" evidence with no argument, vague point, massive room for interpretation, possibly could be interpreted as a eugenics argument----> racism.

"1)if the justice system fails you---> you turn to street justice (proof: 5x more likely to get shot by being black)
2)if you turn to street justice---> blood feuds and gang wars begin (proof: gang problems practically isolated to black communities)

is you call me illogical after that your just proving why america needs a better education system, and how it failed you.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #66
Marcus

More BS that nobody is going to read, tool. You're wasting your time.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #67
manmarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
More BS that nobody is going to read, tool. You're wasting your time.

your gonna die on the wrong side of history my man. your nephews must call you that crazy uncle
Old 08-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #68
OBLIGATED

http://people.com/crime/baltimore-da...r-infant-girl/

Lots of hate in this woman
Old 08-24-2017, 04:03 PM   #69
fishfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Doesn't take much to find what's wrong with Baltimore...
Old 08-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #70
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
"1)if the justice system fails you---> you turn to street justice (proof: 5x more likely to get shot by being black)
2)if you turn to street justice---> blood feuds and gang wars begin (proof: gang problems practically isolated to black communities)
is you call me illogical after that your just proving why america needs a better education system, and how it failed you.
I am pretty sure most of us on this board, worked our way up the ladder. I don't think any of us was born with a silver spoon or were "privileged".

I am also pretty sure most of us went through the public education system and made the best of it......we did not use it as a crutch or an excuse, we studied , struggled and learned proper English and math, two essential skills that we thought were important to success.

I am also willing to bet most of us had at least one parent and probable most had two that cared, were involved, and helped us with homework and gave us encouragement to do well. When we were bad in school the teacher beat the shit out of us and when we went home our parents gave us another beating. Parents cared, set high expectations, and did not tolerate insubordination.

We did not have friends that beat us up for attending school or alienate us for wanting to learn. We were not outcasts because we accepted the system and wanted to learn how to cope in the "real world" School was not fun but it was not "un-cool" to attend and learn.

That is what YOU fail to recognize... We did not make excuses, we learned and understood the rules of the game and we had caring, involved parents that gave us a moral direction and helped us understand the game and the consequences of not playing the game. Its called love.

You seem to be fairly well educated. I really like that. But you and most of us on this board have a completely different opinion. You seem to have a HUGE issue with that. You have a very strong opinion on your root cause, where we have all struggled, fought, studied, worked and figured it out on our own and found a way to overcome our adversities .....and almost always with the help of two loving, caring and involved parents.

So you can continue to blame everyone else for your woes, today you can blame a few hundred skinheads, and you can blame past history, and you will continue to have your blaming opinions for all your ills. I just hope one day you will spend your energy, not on changing my thinking, but maybe changing the thinking of the very people you claim to want to help. There are rules in life, society has rules, and it offers opportunities for those who want to reach their goals. It always has and always will, that's just life.

You can argue all you want, but without parental involvement, kids have a MUCH tougher battle...and your right, the street teaches a hard and shitty lesson. Always has and always will, NO MATTER WHAT color you may be. However, even the jungle has rules, animals must learn them or they die and most of the advanced species learn those rules from their parents.

So you and I will always differ. Your source of disengagement is "whitey" and my source of disengagement starts at home. Its really not a color thing either. There are many millions of white people in the exact same boat as the blacks you claim to be fighting for. They are poor, pregnant at 14, school drop outs, living on welfare, multiple arrests and drugs....I am pretty sure if you did an in depth demographic study most of these white kids had parents that were not involved or non existent. or just didn't give a shit. But you don't ever mention their problems or struggles, my guess is that because they are white, they must be a contributory part of your exclusive black problem.

In closing, most of us here have worked hard for what we have, we all overcame lots of adversity, but we accepted the rules of society. We got educated, we worked hard, we were patient, we accepted and adapted to setbacks and we did it all without using excuses. We just did it.
And if you even remotely mention that blacks did not have equal opportunities, I will blatantly call you full of f***ing shit, because I am old enough to have personally witnessed MANY promotions given to the wrong people for the wrong reasons. It should be the right person for the right job, regardless of color. As you can tell, I do not believe in quotas, I believe in qualifications. Color is irrelevant!!!

Having loving and caring parents is AWESOME!!!!! And the very best start to life ANYONE can have. I wish everyone could be so lucky. But that's not life is it. But it also is not my fault.

Last edited by riplipper; 08-24-2017 at 05:38 PM.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #71
manmarvel

Quote:
I am pretty sure most of us on this board, worked our way up the ladder. I don't think any of us was born with a silver spoon or were "privileged".

I am also pretty sure most of us went through the public education system and made the best of it......we did not use it as a crutch or an excuse, we studied , struggled and learned proper English and math, two essential skills that we thought were important to success.

I am also willing to bet most of us had at least one parent and probable most had two that cared, were involved, and helped us with homework and gave us encouragement to do well. When we were bad in school the teacher beat the shit out of us and when we went home our parents gave us another beating. Parents cared, set high expectations, and did not tolerate insubordination.

We did not have friends that beat us up for attending school or alienate us for wanting to learn. We were not outcasts because we accepted the system and wanted to learn how to cope in the "real world" School was not fun but it was not "un-cool" to attend and learn.

That is what YOU fail to recognize... We did not make excuses, we learned and understood the rules of the game and we had caring, involved parents that gave us a moral direction and helped us understand the game and the consequences of not playing the game. Its called love.

You seem to be fairly well educated. I really like that. But you and most of us on this board have a completely different opinion. You seem to have a HUGE issue with that. You have a very strong opinion on your root cause, where we have all struggled, fought, studied, worked and figured it out on our own and found a way to overcome our adversities .....and almost always with the help of two loving, caring and involved parents.

So you can continue to blame everyone else for your woes, today you can blame a few hundred skinheads, and you can blame past history, and you will continue to have your blaming opinions for all your ills. I just hope one day you will spend your energy, not on changing my thinking, but maybe changing the thinking of the very people you claim to want to help. There are rules in life, society has rules, and it offers opportunities for those who want to reach their goals. It always has and always will, that's just life.

You can argue all you want, but without parental involvement, kids have a MUCH tougher battle...and your right, the street teaches a hard and shitty lesson. Always has and always will, NO MATTER WHAT color you may be. However, even the jungle has rules, animals must learn them or they die and most of the advanced species learn those rules from their parents.

So you and I will always differ. Your source of disengagement is "whitey" and my source of disengagement starts at home. Its really not a color thing either. There are many millions of white people in the exact same boat as the blacks you claim to be fighting for. They are poor, pregnant at 14, school drop outs, living on welfare, multiple arrests and drugs....I am pretty sure if you did an in depth demographic study most of these white kids had parents that were not involved or non existent. or just didn't give a shit. But you don't ever mention their problems or struggles, my guess is that because they are white, they must be a contributory part of your exclusive black problem.

In closing, most of us here have worked hard for what we have, we all overcame lots of adversity, but we accepted the rules of society. We got educated, we worked hard, we were patient, we accepted and adapted to setbacks and we did it all without using excuses. We just did it.
And if you even remotely mention that blacks did not have equal opportunities, I will blatantly call you full of f***ing shit, because I am old enough to have personally witnessed MANY promotions given to the wrong people for the wrong reasons. It should be the right person for the right job, regardless of color. As you can tell, I do not believe in quotas, I believe in qualifications. Color is irrelevant!!!

Having loving and caring parents is AWESOME!!!!! And the very best start to life ANYONE can have. I wish everyone could be so lucky. But that's not life is it. But it also is not my fault.

i understand what your saying, but your parents lived through the 1900's as WHITE PEOPLE. How do you expect black people to behave well, if their parents didn't teach them well?

Even better how do you expect their parents to teach them well if they couldn't even go to school?

the point I'm trying to make is that culture changes slowly. it takes many many generations for a culture to change. more than 2, 3, shit maybe even more than 5. So why do you expect african american culture to go from the shit show it was- pre-integration, to the nice and educated culture most white people have??

i mean once again man, the gang culture you hate was born out of police brutality. that gang culture won't change until that brutality stops. even then, it will be a slow multigenerational process.

see what i mean? i agree, it starts in the home, in the house.

but even milk said "Im afraid we are integrating into a burning house" don't want to get too far from the subject of this post so i won't bore you with another stupid long reply, although i appreciate the amount of thought/ effort you put into that comment.

one more thing, why do you keep saying i blame you? i don't. i blame the like top 5% of white people. they're the ones in control.
what i accuse you of is not realizing this. but i don't accuse of being the oppressor.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #72
Marcus

Went right over his head.

Actually, before welfare, the black community was in much better shape.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #73
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
i understand what your saying, but your parents lived through the 1900's as WHITE PEOPLE. How do you expect black people to behave well, if their parents didn't teach them well?

Even better how do you expect their parents to teach them well if they couldn't even go to school?

the point I'm trying to make is that culture changes slowly. it takes many many generations for a culture to change. more than 2, 3, shit maybe even more than 5. So why do you expect african american culture to go from the shit show it was- pre-integration, to the nice and educated culture most white people have??
i mean once again man, the gang culture you hate was born out of police brutality. that gang culture won't change until that brutality stops. even then, it will be a slow multigenerational process.
see what i mean? i agree, it starts in the home, in the house.
but even milk said "Im afraid we are integrating into a burning house" don't want to get too far from the subject of this post so i won't bore you with another stupid long reply, although i appreciate the amount of thought/ effort you put into that comment.
one more thing, why do you keep saying i blame you? i don't. i blame the like top 5% of white people. they're the ones in control.
what i accuse you of is not realizing this. but i don't accuse of being the oppressor.
I don't have an answer for you. However, I do know those who try, do figure it out. I work and socialize with ballpark 20 blacks and probably another 30 Hispanics. I know them very well through work and / or as good friends. They are educated, married with children and some have grand children. To my knowledge, almost all of their children are in school or have graduated college and are NOT involved with street crap.. I do realize this is a small sample size, but the point is, those who want to apply themselves and have a family structure have much more of a chance to better themselves. Family support is the key to changing things and I do not have a magic plan to fix that issue, but it is not just a black issue.

Welfare has not worked, and no amount of money is going to help either. As I have said before, I had two in laws who taught in lower income areas....There was ZERO parental support and both of those teachers finally gave up after a few years and moved on to schools where they felt appreciated and could actually teach.

And you are right, culture does change slowly. But don't ask the system to change, reward and make allowances for bad behavior. That is not fair to those of us that studied and worked hard to get where we are.

In the real world, fair or unfair, people are judged by appearance. Especially the "white collar world", although it does apply to blue color jobs as well. People own companies and want good people to represent their companies, so long hair, crappy clothing, tattoos everywhere, bad English, bad attitudes and constant tardiness don't cut it. Its just the way it is, And one day, hopefully you will own your own successful company....and I bet you will hire, not gangbangers, rednecks, or skinheads, but educated hard working people you trust to represent your company in the best possible way. And guess what, you wont want to listen to their excuses when they choose not to perform well.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #74
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

Martin Luther King, in his own words
(for some reason I can't post the link)
"The myth of Martin Luther King often appears to have more to do with Gandhi or the Buddha than to the actual man himself. It can be amusing to use his words to trigger SJWs, who don't hesitate to declare them deplorably racist right up until the moment they discover whose words they are.
Alex Haley: Your dissatisfaction with the Civil Rights Act reflects that of most other Negro spokesmen. According to recent polls, however, many whites resent this attitude, calling the Negro “ungrateful” and “unrealistic” to press his demands for more.

Martin Luther King: This is a litany to those of us in this field. “What more will the Negro want?” “What will it take to make these demonstrations end?” Well, I would like to reply with another rhetorical question: Why do white people seem to find it so difficult to understand that the Negro is sick and tired of having reluctantly parceled out to him those rights and privileges which all others receive upon birth or entry in America? I never cease to wonder at the amazing presumption of much of white society, assuming that they have the right to bargain with the Negro for his freedom. This continued arrogant ladling out of pieces of the rights of citizenship has begun to generate a fury in the Negro. Even so, he is not pressing for revenge, or for conquest, or to gain spoils, or to enslave, or even to marry the sisters of those who have injured him. What the Negro wants—and will not stop until he gets—is absolute and unqualified freedom and equality here in this land of his birth, and not in Africa or in some imaginary state. The Negro no longer will be tolerant of anything less than his due right and heritage. He is pursuing only that which he knows is honorably his. He knows that he is right.

But every Negro leader since the turn of the century has been saying this in one form or another. It is because we have been so long and so conscientiously ignored by the dominant white society that the situation has now reached such crisis proportions. Few white people, even today, will face the clear fact that the very future and destiny of this country are tied up in what answer will be given to the Negro. And that answer must be given soon.

Alex Haley: If it’s morally right for supporters of civil rights to violate segregation laws which they consider unjust, why is it wrong for segregationists to resist the enforcement of integration laws which they consider unjust?

Martin Luther King: Because segregation, as even the segregationists know in their hearts, is morally wrong and sinful. If it weren’t, the white South would not be haunted as it is by a deep sense of guilt for what it has done to the Negro—guilt for patronizing him, degrading him, brutalizing him, depersonalizing him, thingifying him; guilt for lying to itself. This is the source of the schizophrenia that the South will suffer until it goes through its crisis of conscience.

Alex Haley: One of the basic precepts of black nationalism has been the attempt to engender a sense of communion between the American Negro and his African “brother,” a sense of identity between the emergence of black Africa and the Negro’s struggle for freedom in America. Do you feel that this is a constructive effort?

Martin Luther King: Yes, I do, in many ways. There is a distinct, significant and inevitable correlation. The Negro across America, looking at his television set, sees black statesmen voting in the United Nations on vital world issues, knowing that in many of America’s cities, he himself is not yet permitted to place his ballot. The Negro hears of black kings and potentates ruling in palaces, while he remains ghettoized in urban slums. It is only natural that Negroes would react to this extreme irony. Consciously or unconsciously, the American Negro has been caught up by the black Zeitgeist. He feels a deepening sense of identification with his black African brothers, and with his brown and yellow brothers of Asia, South America and the Caribbean. With them he is moving with a sense of increasing urgency toward the promised land of racial justice.

Alex Haley: Do you feel that the African nations, in turn, should involve themselves more actively in American Negro affairs?

Martin Luther King: I do indeed. The world is now so small in terms of geographic proximity and mutual problems that no nation should stand idly by and watch another’s plight. I think that in every possible instance Africans should use the influence of their governments to make it clear that the struggle of their brothers in the U.S. is part of a worldwide struggle. In short, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, for we are tied together in a garment of mutuality. What happens in Johannesburg affects Birmingham, however indirectly. We are descendants of the Africans. Our heritage is Africa. We should never seek to break the ties, nor should the Africans.

Alex Haley: Do you feel it’s fair to request a multibillion-dollar program of preferential treatment for the Negro, or for any other minority group?

Martin Luther King: I do indeed. Can any fair-minded citizen deny that the Negro has been deprived? Few people reflect that for two centuries the Negro was enslaved, and robbed of any wages—potential accrued wealth which would have been the legacy of his descendants. All of America’s wealth today could not adequately compensate its Negroes for his centuries of exploitation and humiliation. It is an economic fact that a program such as I propose would certainly cost far less than any computation of two centuries of unpaid wages plus accumulated interest

Alex Haley: If Negroes are also granted preferential treatment in housing, as you propose, how would you allay the alarm with which many white homeowners, fearing property devaluation, greet the arrival of Negroes in hitherto all-white neighborhoods?

Martin Luther King: We must expunge from our society the myths and half-truths that engender such groundless fears as these. In the first place, there is no truth to the myth that Negroes depreciate property. The fact is that most Negroes are kept out of residential neighborhoods so long that when one of us is finally sold a home, it’s already depreciated. In the second place, we must dispel the negative and harmful atmosphere that has been created by avaricious and unprincipled realtors who engage in “blockbusting.” If we had in America really serious efforts to break down discrimination in housing and at the same time a concerted program of Government aid to improve housing for Negroes. I think that many white people would be surprised at how many Negroes would choose to live among themselves, exactly as Poles and Jews and other ethnic groups do.
Looking back with the benefit of 52 years of hindsight, it should be entirely clear to anyone with a reasonable grasp of history that the Civil Rights movement was founded on a series of misconceptions, erroneous beliefs, false predictions, and outright lies, and that those who opposed the movement were entirely right to do so. 1965 was a seminal year in the destruction of the United States of America, and it is deeply ironic that one of the more symbolically important destroyers is celebrated today.

Interesting read.

Alex Haley Interviews Martin Luther King, Jr.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:05 PM   #75
manmarvel

Quote:
I don't have an answer for you. However, I do know those who try, do figure it out. I work and socialize with ballpark 20 blacks and probably another 30 Hispanics. I know them very well through work and / or as good friends. They are educated, married with children and some have grand children. To my knowledge, almost all of their children are in school or have graduated college and are NOT involved with street crap.. I do realize this is a small sample size, but the point is, those who want to apply themselves and have a family structure have much more of a chance to better themselves. Family support is the key to changing things and I do not have a magic plan to fix that issue, but it is not just a black issue.

Welfare has not worked, and no amount of money is going to help either. As I have said before, I had two in laws who taught in lower income areas....There was ZERO parental support and both of those teachers finally gave up after a few years and moved on to schools where they felt appreciated and could actually teach.

And you are right, culture does change slowly. But don't ask the system to change, reward and make allowances for bad behavior. That is not fair to those of us that studied and worked hard to get where we are.

In the real world, fair or unfair, people are judged by appearance. Especially the "white collar world", although it does apply to blue color jobs as well. People own companies and want good people to represent their companies, so long hair, crappy clothing, tattoos everywhere, bad English, bad attitudes and constant tardiness don't cut it. Its just the way it is, And one day, hopefully you will own your own successful company....and I bet you will hire, not gangbangers, rednecks, or skinheads, but educated hard working people you trust to represent your company in the best possible way. And guess what, you wont want to listen to their excuses when they choose not to perform well.

"no amount of money is going to help either."

i beg to differ. the great deal worked. and that was all spend and fix. you don't think massive amounts of scholarships would help? like all empoverished people not just black ppl. and not just for university, but also for technical jobs like woodworking, electrical work, paramedic etc??

i mean we've literally never tried this, so you can't make the argument "its never worked before"

and we definitely can afford that. When CEO wage has increased by 937% in 30 years, while middle-wage income has gone from 60,000 to 75,000 (thats .8%)

937% to .8%...... all while rampant lobbying and deregulation of campaign finance law, yea we definitely can afford those scholarships....