Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
Aaron Proffitt+

Re: New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
No effing way would I be friends with someone like Aaron. He is just a hill billy with nothing better to do than troll this spearfishing site..

Q.

P.S. Aaron thanks for the fireworks!
Glad you enjoyed 'em ....made 'em from left over meth componets.
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #32
Q
Simi Valley Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt+ View Post
Glad you enjoyed 'em ....made 'em from left over meth componets.
go figure..

Q.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
Captain1World
Key Wesy baby

The Tea Party trolls are ruining the discussion and debate.

They are trolling and spamming most of the threads.

Kinda saw that coming.
Captain1World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #34
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

you have been a member for one month and have over 400 posts????wtf

you are the troll my friend
Old 09-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #35
Ethan kills
OG Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1World View Post
The Tea Party trolls are ruining the discussion and debate.

They are trolling and spamming most of the threads.

Kinda saw that coming.
you are the spread the wealth, commie troll spamming your bullshit all over these threads you fag. All those posts and the only ONE that has anything to do with spearfishing is the one where you are trying to juke spots from people. Get bak under the bridge you lame.
Ethan kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #36
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post

On many forums with discussion areas like this they have the following rule
"Attack the subject at hand, not the one posting it."

I think that this would be a good rule to enforce here

Mike
might be time to give this a shot
Old 08-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #37
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
might be time to give this a shot
Rots of ruck.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #38
manmarvel

Hey im really concerned that this Forum has turned into a breeding ground for islamophobic, racist vitriol. theres a lot of white supremacist literature getting spread around the boards.... This should be concerining, as outright racism/ support for white supremacist groups has been voiced. Specially, all the racism towards arab people. I understand they may be a small percentage of users, but we can't just let the politics section devolve into a board specifically geared toward white supremacy/ hatred of arabs. might as well rename it.... "WhiteSupremacy"
manmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #39
SubSub

New Experimental Forum on Spearboard

I agree that the moderation of this forum leaves a lot to wish. Is there moderation? There sure is a lot of trash spoken and a lot of pretty extreme stuff posted. I can't understand why it is allowed?

I am a member in several other forums where stuff like that gets moderated quickly and members continuing speading it gets banned.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #40
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmarvel View Post
Hey im really concerned that this Forum has turned into a breeding ground for islamophobic, racist vitriol. theres a lot of white supremacist literature getting spread around the boards.... This should be concerining, as outright racism/ support for white supremacist groups has been voiced. Specially, all the racism towards arab people. I understand they may be a small percentage of users, but we can't just let the politics section devolve into a board specifically geared toward white supremacy/ hatred of arabs. might as well rename it.... "WhiteSupremacy"
That is your opinion but the uniqueness of this forum separates it from others that limit the swing of how topics evolve. Aside from personal threats or attacks you are good to express your views as you see fit. Will there be a majority one way or the other... sure there will but you get to post how you feel without sensor regardless of what side of the issue you fall on. Will you get called names? Yep, get over it. If you are that soft you have no business standing up for your cause or beliefs because good men and women bleed everyday just so you can express or have such. So buckle up manmarvel and enjoy a place that worries not for your feelings and offers no "safe zones". There a plenty of those available for those who are offended and want reprieve.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #41
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
I agree that the moderation of this forum leaves a lot to wish. Is there moderation? There sure is a lot of trash spoken and a lot of pretty extreme stuff posted. I can't understand why it is allowed?

I am a member in several other forums where stuff like that gets moderated quickly and members continuing speading it gets banned.
Sorry Sub but you can go elsewhere if you want your voice squelched due to hurt feelings and trash talking. Also, how do you sensor ideas and opinions? That would mean a Moderator would have to use his own opinion to delete or ban someone base on what side of the issue he was on. How is that reasonable for fair discussions?

I understand you and a few others seem to be outnumbered by views in general but isn't that the way you want it? I mean to actually debate against opposite view untethered? You complain that we just sit around and pat each other on the back but here you are.... able to say what you wish, stir the pot, and inject views to those dissimilar to yourself. You can go anywhere and huddle in a forum with like minded groups and moderators and kick anyone out that doesn't fit the majority. The fact that you are still here says something about how that is not the case with this forum.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #42
Coos-spearo

I go to spearboard.com to avoid the news of the day. Its the same reason I hold my breath and go under water! I think it is a great idea.
Coos-spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #43
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
You did post this just a few days ago..
"your finally getting me, you understand now. there will be NO DISCUSSION with facists. NO DISCUSSION with neo nazis. NO DISCUSSION with white supremacy.
ONLY DENUNCIATION, SELF-DEFENSE, AND PROTEST
we will not allow the 1930's to repeat themselves. "

I don't think you are anywhere near as old as I am. I grew up in the south. Back when blacks would pick me up hitch hiking and give me a ride and I would do the same for them.....it was a time when we were divided, yes, but the hate that exists today did not exist then....that hate has doubled in the last 8 years.....that's not due to people like me or anyone else on this board....That is caused by a media that feeds manipulated stories to morons who believe them.... Yes there was, and still are some KKK morons out there but that is a very small group. You are very ignorant to call those of us that are proud of our southern history, generals, solid roots, good manners and the belief in hard work, facist. The civil war was fought over many more issues other than just slavery but you have been feed too much BS to know that.

Most conservatives, excepted Obama and his presidency and gave him at least a chance. The true facist, are just that, they are people like you, who will not even give the new president any respect or half a chance to do his job. He has been called a very ugly names by people like you and the press....such as Nazi and facist.
You really should look up facist and see what the word really means.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #44
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Sorry Sub but you can go elsewhere if you want your voice squelched due to hurt feelings and trash talking. Also, how do you sensor ideas and opinions? That would mean a Moderator would have to use his own opinion to delete or ban someone base on what side of the issue he was on. How is that reasonable for fair discussions?

I understand you and a few others seem to be outnumbered by views in general but isn't that the way you want it? I mean to actually debate against opposite view untethered? You complain that we just sit around and pat each other on the back but here you are.... able to say what you wish, stir the pot, and inject views to those dissimilar to yourself. You can go anywhere and huddle in a forum with like minded groups and moderators and kick anyone out that doesn't fit the majority. The fact that you are still here says something about how that is not the case with this forum.

I appreciate a forum with a high ceiling and I'm not saying I want to discuss with likeminded only, quite on the contrary actually. But the tonality in many of the discussions make it very hard to participate in a civilized manner. Condescending and offensive posts is hardly a catalyst for evolving discussions. I'm not easily offended, but I do like to discuss which is hard to do with the constant condescending replies and loud tone.

Outnumbered... yes by people that chose to participate in these threads. I'm sure there are quite a few people here in the forum sharing my point of view, that just can't be bothered engaging in these threads when the discussion climate is so rough.

I don't mean a moderator should moderate opinions, I mean it is the moderators job to keep the forum discussions and tone civilized, but that kind of moderation does not exist at all here and therefore the most loud get heard and the others don't bother to engage.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #45
mepps1

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I appreciate a forum with a high ceiling and I'm not saying I want to discuss with likeminded only, quite on the contrary actually. But the tonality in many of the discussions make it very hard to participate in a civilized manner. Condescending and offensive posts is hardly a catalyst for evolving discussions. I'm not easily offended, but I do like to discuss which is hard to do with the constant condescending replies and loud tone.

Outnumbered... yes by people that chose to participate in these threads. I'm sure there are quite a few people here in the forum sharing my point of view, that just can't be bothered engaging in these threads when the discussion climate is so rough.

I don't mean a moderator should moderate opinions, I mean it is the moderators job to keep the forum discussions and tone civilized, but that kind of moderation does not exist at all here and therefore the most loud get heard and the others don't bother to engage.

Funny stuff here. You two jokers sign on here specifically to post in the P&R section. Then, you decide that your manginas are getting bruised in the discussion. So then you demand that it be either closed or moderated.

Gosh, I sure hope someone gets right on that. Can't be having any sensitive feelers get hurt.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote