Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 02-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Spearfishing Seminar at Bill Jacksons 3-24-18

I have scheduled a spearfishing seminar at Bill Jackson's "Shop For Adventure" in Pinellas Park, Florida. The details are as follows:

Date: Saturday March 24th 2018
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fee: $35.00 for adults & $20.00 for kids 16 and under
Food: Lunch and beverages are included
Raffle: Yes

Phone: 727-576-4169 to register (ask for the dive department)

Address:
Bill Jacksons Shop for Adventure
9501 US Hwy. 19 North
Pinellas Park, Fl 33782

Bill Jacksons is a large facility so we can easily handle up to 100 shooters. However, it really helps to sign up early so they can plan the food and beverages.

Agenda: I will be covering all aspects of spearfishing from beginner to advanced. Some of the topics I will cover are: selecting the proper speargun, how to use it, how not to use it, how to take care of it, proper banding, shaft selection, tip options, stalking techniques, body language, proper shot distances, realistic ranges of a speargun, shot selection, optimizing shot angles, freeshafting, lineshafting, line types, advantages and disadvantages of just about everything involving spearfishing. I will be using my Red Snapper model to show proper shot placement and shot angles as well as underwater videos (provided by Dan McMahon (Team Headhunter) and Capt. Ben Bateman aka Fishkilla) showing proper shooting techniques etc.

I would like to give a huge “thank you” to Dan and Ben for allowing me to show their videos at my spearfishing seminars. These videos are a very powerful teaching tool that make my job much easier. Their videos give you a spot on “birds eye view” of exactly how professional shooters use proper shop placement and shot angle to take down fish of virtually any size using only one band and a Freeshaft (no line attached to the spear). The videos they provide are a great way to pass on their experience and knowledge to the next generation of shooters and their contribution to our great sport is greatly appreciated. Keep the great videos coming guys.......we need as many as we can get!

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Shoot Em' Up,

Kevin

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com

Last edited by Spear One; 02-14-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote