Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #76
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

JM Bullion and SilverGoldBull are selling 10 oz of Silver at spot price.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #77
OBLIGATED

Anyone buying in now?I threw some into SWAGX and SWPPX.One is a mutual fund and the other is a bond fund.
Gold and silver went nuts so Im not buying any right now even at spot.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #78
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

The Global Economy Was Sinking Long Before The Coronavirus Appeared

Quote:
Covid-19 is highly beneficial to a select group of elites who now have perfect cover to move forward with an economic collapse that they have been planning for some time...
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:17 PM   #79
OBLIGATED

Everytime there is a virus or disease outbreak people panic and buy or sell shit.Then I sit there pissed wishing I had bought when it dropped.
I dont mind buying guns or ammo and some food supplies because EVENTUALLY I will use them.
Probably going to put a few hundred more in my account and wait.I guess I can live with the old fishfinder/GPS a little longer.SIMRAD has a nice touchscreen I really like.
If its a BAD epidemic that money will be the least of my concerns.If its a lot of media bullshit I might get a nice return on my investment.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:18 PM   #80
jfjf

I have been telling my kids that I expect this to be a historic event. I guess with the largest single day (point) drop in the DOW, that has already come to pass.

I think this is going to be a big deal economically and socially and with lying Trump at the helm, I am even less confident.

Last night trump said everyone is doing a wonderful job and today we hear that California has only like 100 test kits... Well that is one way to ensure the infection rate data doesn't jump too fast.

I don't understand why we have not shut down the international passenger flights completely.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #81
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
I have been telling my kids that I expect this to be a historic event. I guess with the largest single day (point) drop in the DOW, that has already come to pass.

I think this is going to be a big deal economically and socially and with lying Trump at the helm, I am even less confident.

Last night trump said everyone is doing a wonderful job and today we hear that California has only like 100 test kits... Well that is one way to ensure the infection rate data doesn't jump too fast.

I don't understand why we have not shut down the international passenger flights completely.
Trump shuts down international flights!News media reports Trump is racist and a Hawaiian judge puts a stop to the shutdown.Trump could heal everyone with the virus and cure cancer and they would find a way to bitch.
California is a cesspool thats going to reap what it sowed.You cant have fecal matter,urine,garbage and STD infected needles in the street and not have anything bad happen.Should seal off the west coast and not let anything in or out.LOL!Wait till it hits south of the border and people try to come here to get medicine.We have no wall because certain people are idiots for not wanting a physical barrier where possible to stop criminals or infected people coming here and hurting American taxpayers.Dont blame Trump for what career parasites have done to the country.
More Americans are working now including minorities.Ordinary people now work and have money to invest and buy their families a few nice things because we dont have a swamp monster as POTUS.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:10 AM   #82
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Trump shuts down international flights!News media reports Trump is racist and a Hawaiian judge puts a stop to the shutdown.Trump could heal everyone with the virus and cure cancer and they would find a way to bitch.
California is a cesspool thats going to reap what it sowed.You cant have fecal matter,urine,garbage and STD infected needles in the street and not have anything bad happen.Should seal off the west coast and not let anything in or out.LOL!Wait till it hits south of the border and people try to come here to get medicine.We have no wall because certain people are idiots for not wanting a physical barrier where possible to stop criminals or infected people coming here and hurting American taxpayers.Dont blame Trump for what career parasites have done to the country.
More Americans are working now including minorities.Ordinary people now work and have money to invest and buy their families a few nice things because we dont have a swamp monster as POTUS.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #83
Marcus

Quote:
That rosy disposition isn't supported by good numbers.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 02-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #84
jfjf

Quote:
What would it take for you to become dissatisfied with Trump?

Is there anything?
Old 02-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #85
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
What would it take for you to become dissatisfied with Trump?

Is there anything?
Act like a Bush,Clinton or Obama.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:21 PM   #86
jfjf

I've been watching this guy...

https://youtu.be/Zabxwzq_wfA
Old 03-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #87
Marcus

Markets have gone sideways. It looks like a full blown panic. The Fed instituted a 50 point rate increase and equities took a huge dump after a huge jump yesterday. Normally, it would send the markets reeling. Stocks and bonds went lower while gold shot higher. I'm eyeing up FAZ to play that move. JNUG and NUGT are some of my larger holdings...but not for the weak hearted.
Fed Impotence Exposed After "Unnecessary & Panicky" Rate-Cut, Liquidity Boost

"It Smells Like Panic": This Is Not What Powell Had In Mind...
Old 03-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #88
Marcus

...and the malfeasance continues.
BMO: Negative Rates Are Coming To The US
Old 03-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #89
Marcus

Negative Rates In The US Are Virtually Guaranteed Now
Old 03-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #90
Marcus

"Gold Is Going A Lot Higher" - DoubleLine's Gundlach Warns Of "Seizure In The Corporate Bond Market"