Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2010 Tournament Archives > 2010 Skin and SCUBA National Championship - August 2-6, 2010

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #46
jfjf

Re: Freedive Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
...... I WILL PAY FOR YOUR ENTIRE TEAMS ENTRY FEE FOR THE 2011 FLORIDA NATIONALS, AND IF YOU MAKE CRH YOUR TEAMMATE I WILL SWEETEN THE DEAL.[/color]
Damn! I thought you were pissed at me too. What do I need to do to get an offer like this.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #47
jfjf

Adelito:

I also thought that the tournament could have been better staffed, better organized and it would have been desirable to have judges on every boat. I also thought that there were some obvious lapses in "security" in association with the landing of the fish on the beach at the end of the tournament and their placement into individual burlap bags. If there was a time to cheat, this was when it might have been attempted.

On the other hand, the event had a limited staff of volunteers and a strong storm with lightening had just passed, so this might have also affected the logistics of their operation. I remember people taking pictures with stringers of fish in the shallow water on the beach (rather than immediately bagging them) and it made me nervous. Not because I thought that they were cheating, but because I was worried that somebody ELSE might bitch about it. Since I personally had such a low score, it had no affect on me, but I honestly think there were many eyes on the people with the big stringers and I saw nothing that made me suspicious of any competitor. There were a lot of eyes on those guys... You know, this ain't the NBA with professional officials getting paid over $100,000 to make sure the game is played right

As for most of your other complaints... blah, blah, blah .. They gave us very nice booklets with photos of fish at one of the meetings before the tournament. I got mine.

As for them not having a ruler at the weigh in, That is untrue. Phil Lamb the director had a solid board with an inlaid ruler on his boat and I PERSONALLY carried it from the boat up to the weigh in table, per his request.

If the scales were not being operated properly, then you should have voiced your opinion there, at a time when your complaints could have been addressed, but not much anyone can do about it now.

As for the tournament officials not checking fishing liscences for each individual or boat registration etc. Who really cares, we were REQUIRED to have it, if you suspected somebody of not following these basic rules than you should have complained, but I really see no reason to bitch about this petty stuff after the fact. Were you hoping that a few DQ's would improve your standings?

Perhaps the biggest disappointment I had with the entire event (after my low score) was the PARADE! Damn I wanted a parade with fire trucks, cheerleaders, giant floats, maybe a few giant hot-air CARP ballons, etc.

Is that why you seem so disappointed, were you looking for something to REALLY accent the importance of a NATIONAL Competition in Arkansas??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parade.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	137544  

Last edited by jfjf; 10-04-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #48
Adelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Adelito:

I also thought that the tournament could have been better staffed, better organized and it would have been desirable to have judges on every boat. I also thought that there were some obvious lapses in "security" in association with the landing of the fish on the beach at the end of the tournament and their placement into individual burlap bags. If there was a time to cheat, this was when it might have been attempted.

On the other hand, the event had a limited staff of volunteers and a strong storm with lightening had just passed, so this might have also affected the logistics of their operation. I remember people taking pictures with stringers of fish in the shallow water on the beach (rather than immediately bagging them) and it made me nervous. Not because I thought that they were cheating, but because I was worried that somebody ELSE might bitch about it. Since I personally had such a low score, it had no affect on me, but I honestly think there were many eyes on the people with the big stringers and I saw nothing that made me suspicious of any competitor. There were a lot of eyes on those guys... You know, this ain't the NBA with professional officials getting paid over $100,000 to make sure the game is played right

As for most of your other complaints... blah, blah, blah .. They gave us very nice booklets with photos of fish at one of the meetings before the tournament. I got mine.

As for them not having a ruler at the weigh in, That is untrue. Phil Lamb the director had a solid board with an inlaid ruler on his boat and I PERSONALLY carried it from the boat up to the weigh in table, per his request.

If the scales were not being operated properly, then you should have voiced your opinion there, at a time when your complaints could have been addressed, but not much anyone can do about it now.

As for the tournament officials not checking fishing liscences for each individual or boat registration etc. Who really cares, we were REQUIRED to have it, if you suspected somebody of not following these basic rules than you should have complained, but I really see no reason to bitch about this petty stuff after the fact. Were you hoping that a few DQ's would improve your standings?

Perhaps the biggest disappointment I had with the entire event (after my low score) was the PARADE! Damn I wanted a parade with fire trucks, cheerleaders, giant floats, maybe a few giant hot-air CARP ballons, etc.

Is that why you seem so disappointed, were you looking for something to REALLY accent the importance of a NATIONAL Competition in Arkansas??
again, you wiping ass, because the tournament director was your judge/boatcaptain/buttbuddy
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #49
Adelito

I will comment no more on this competition, my focus is already on the next one.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY, SAY IT IN FLORIDA AT THE 2011 NATIONALS.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #50
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
again, you wiping ass, because the tournament director was your judge/boatcaptain/buttbuddy
Nice!!!

Finish up your little tirade by calling the tournament director a homosexual. That should help your argument.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #51
Adelito

and you too