Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2010 Tournament Archives > 2010 The Blue Wild Expo - June 5-6, 2010

2010 The Blue Wild Expo - June 5-6, 2010 This is a world-class spearfishing event with over 1,000 participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #31
jfjf

Re: WILD, WIld, Wild Blue! Fabulous Fun - Get over here Sunday! See These Photos!

Hunter winning the pole spear was the best for me.

He had told me earlier that he knew he was going to win the pole spear because that is what he really wanted and he put ALL his tickets into the pole spear raffle jar. I was too kind to explain to him about putting all his eggs in one basket..
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #32
DPS

Re: WILD, WIld, Wild Blue! Fabulous Fun - Get over here Sunday! See These Photos!

Sheri, thank you for putting this on every year. It's like going to a party with incredible guests. I hope someone got a picture of the look on Hunters face when he won.

I've won prizes for the last 4 years, so I guess it's time to pass on a tip.

It's hard to pick up a flat ticket, fold it in half so it sticks up. If you have twenty tickets put one or two in the wong spear gun bucket. Find the ones that you have a good chance of winning, flanagans, diver direct, an odd piece of art. Have fun, buy lots of tickets, it's for a good cause.
DPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #33
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
He had told me earlier that he knew he was going to win the pole spear because that is what he really wanted and he put ALL his tickets into the pole spear raffle jar. I was too kind to explain to him about putting all his eggs in one basket..
The power of positive thinking, huh? That kid melted my heart. Lisa, you've got a very special boy there! This is the only picture I've got of that moment, but his response is one I will always remember.

Do you guys remember Skooter winning the hogfish mount at the last Expo? I will never forget that either. He forgot all inhibitions and ran up and hugged me like he'd won a million bucks!

It isn't just the kids though. Who was the guy that did a somersault when he won the pneumatic gun? I like that kind of enthusiasm. We should never outgrow that!

DPS, nice of you to share your "tricks". I caught on to that "bent ticket" trick a couple years ago and try to pick straight ones as well as bent ones....you tricky guys, you. I'm glad you have so much fun, and those are good tips, and it is for a good cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunterps1.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	129376  
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #34
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
LunkerBuster, you're a sweetheart, and it was great meeting you. If I was a few decades younger, I'd be chasing you.

Thank you all for thanking me, but it should be me thanking YOU! The fourth annual Expo is now over and what a fun ride that was. My loyal band of volunteers and I were eating dinner after it was all over, totally exhausted, feet hurting, yet basking in the afterglow of another Expo. We handled over 100 exhibitors, 30 speakers, a lobby full of marine artists, two major raffles/live auctions, a film festival, a kick-off party, and over 1,000 attendees coming from as far as Greece, Italy, Australia, Peru, Ecuador, Qatar, and several other places.

Best of all, we had that magic in the air! It seems to occur when ocean lovers from around the world get together and share their passion. As usual, we had some special souls in the place: Stan Waterman, Rob Torelli, Art and Alice Pinder, Dan and Stacey MacMahon, Bob Croft, Del Wren, Daryl Wong, Rob Murphy, Pascal, Carey -- all very special people (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few), but they make it extra special, and it's a privilege just to be around them.

I loved the enthusiasm from the crowd when we did the raffle (specially that first row of guys), and my new helpers Kylie and Hunter were so darn adorable! I'm once again indebted to the volunteers that carried the show....Bobbi (Waterbug), Dan and Stacey MacMahon, Skeeter, Bill Cardet, Dave Earp, Lisa, Colleen, Kyle, Tanner, Stoker, Josh, Chad, Chuck and Angie, Tom and Pat, and the Twin Palms volunteers....couldn't do it without you. They worked their tails off and some don't even know me that well, just being generous, and that is so extremely humbling to me. Same with all the exhibitors, artists, authors....lots of good people and good energy in the room. I love it, and that's what gives me the impetus to do it all over again.

To those that came, some that I met for the first time, some that introduced yourselves -- thank you for coming out, and I hope you enjoyed it. Old friends and new friends -- that's what it's all about!

well gee gosh Sheri, youre making me blush

serious credit is due to Skeeter...his wingspan and the resulting mass of tickets was a highlight of the raffle process
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 AM   #35
Daryl Wong

Aloha SB,

I want to thank all of you who came out and supported a great event. If you couldn't make it, you missed out, but hopefully Sheri does another one. Each year it has gotten bigger, better, and more international.

From a vendors point of view who has been in all the Blue Wild expos, this is an event you have to see. Nothing will even come close to the magnitude it has reached. Like anything with success, there will be imitations, but this is the real deal.

Thank you Sheri for a show well done. Only someone of your stature and respect in our community can make this happen. You are the only ambassador that has the international respect and exposure that draws us all together for a three day party attended by thousands of friends!
I have bunch of pictures but don't know how to put them all on one thread space, so I'll try to do a little at a time. Hopefully some of you can add a name to them for me. It was such blur with so much happening at once that its hard to remember all of you on SB who stopped by to say hi. I also got to meet many of the European craftsman, and a couple who came all the way from Trinidad to say hi. I'll also post the pictures of the Wong speargun raffle winners and some of the spearos who stopped by.

I heard Ballentina is renting out his son Jojo to anyone that wants to win a gun or favorite item last year. To refresh, his son won two Riffe guns last year, a Wong gun this year and a few other raffle items. I think he can start his own shop with all the winnnings! One other winner in the live auction came all the way from Louisiana to bid, and the other Raffle winner works for a Major sponser on SB and loves his new gun. Its all good and for a great cause. In the atmosphere that the Blue Wild creates, we all felt like a being at a huge family renunion. Great to see everyone under one roof. I'm already looking forward to next year. BTW.... when and where? This was the best location, atmosphere, accomodations and did I mention on the main drag with all the best looking ladies on the beach!

Aloha,Daryl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	blue wild 2010 Jojo gun winner.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	129386   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue wild 2010 Lee Mag 60 winner.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	129387   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue wild 2010 Vasili Bleu tec.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	129388   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue wild 2010 Phillip ,Natania.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	129389  

Last edited by Daryl Wong; 06-11-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Daryl Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
Ballenita

Yes Daryl, you are correct, JoJo is for rent at next years Blue Wild show!LOL

Damn I love my boy!

Sheri, My son and I wanna thank you and your crew for letting us enjoy such a wonderful weekend. We were very excited about attending the show. We felt like kids getting ready to visit Disney World. Its one time during the year were you can actually have a one on one with some great people who enjoy doing the same thing we love to do. Too bad it doesn't last any longer. Next year I hope some of the folks that are comming down, stay a little longer so they can get a chance to enjoy the waters down here while they are in town. The next day I took Dano(Mako spearguns) out for a while and hit some wrecks and reefs and we had a great time.

Thanks again, Sheri. You are the "BOMB", girl!

PS.......Next year I'll put in my time as a volunteer if needed too.

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #37
pernicia

After enjoying this great show for the second year, all I can say is how Amazing things turn out when people do things for fun and Passion for a good cause. I spent some time talking to one lady at the Twins Palm Center booth listening to her personal story and it made me truly understand how we can support and help others while having some fun (can't beat that).....BTW she sold me & my brother more tickets!

Thanks Sheri and all the volunteers for all your hard work.

So when is the 2011 Blue Wild???
pernicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #38
divingdesigns-2
Nikki

We had a wonderful time at the expo.

We met lots of new people and got to see and touch a lot of cool gear!

Here are a couple of pictures of our booth and a picture of the winner of the 14k Gold Shell necklace we donated for Sheri's charity.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3716.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	129662   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3718.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	129663   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3722.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	129664  
divingdesigns-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #39
Chad Carney
Dive Instructor & Captain

2010 The Blue Wild was just great! Like Daryl, I've seen them all and the growth in size and diversity every year is unbelievable.

Great job Sheri!

Chad

There is now a gallery on Sheri's site too... http://www.thebluewild.com/pastexpos2010.htm

It includes links to the previous Blue Wild Expos.

Located in Isles of Capri, FL
Charters for Spearfishing, Wrecks & Reefs in SW Florida
Chad Carney is offline   Reply With Quote