Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Carlz

First gun build, 40" Euro Open Track

Hey guys,

First off I'd like to thank ya'll for all the information shared here in the forums. It is like a library of valuable knowledge which is awesome! I've probably spent around 20 hours doing research and digging around in the spearboard forums and on google before making attempt at starting my own build.

I have limited space at home but I did manage to pick up a router table from craigslist for $60 and am borrowing a buddies table saw for making cuts. I bought some scrap lumber at the local lumberyard for $30. I got a plank of teak and Australian silky oak (with grains as straight as possible) which I split into planks about 1/2" thick and straightened as well as I could with two long aluminum 90's from home depot and A LOT of sandpapering (if someone is interested in the setup used, please let me know and I'll post a picture. Time consuming work but relaxing). I got around to laminating them together on Monday after work. Used some left over epoxy I had at home from a former project building a carbon fiber pole spear, but will probably need to get some from West System to finish off the project and for coating the gun. I will be using a Neptonics reverse mech and the gun length will be 40" style euro, probably with a 7 mm shaft.

As I progress in my build, any input from you gun building gurus would be appreciated!

Seems like the images I attached are absolutely huge. Sorry if they come out that way. Attached the pictures as pdfs as well.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20160801_185338.pdf (869.0 KB, 385 views)
File Type: pdf 20160801_185352.pdf (806.4 KB, 366 views)
File Type: pdf 20160801_185418.pdf (732.7 KB, 363 views)
File Type: pdf 20160801_192525.pdf (778.6 KB, 377 views)

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Carlz is offline   Reply With Quote