Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #16
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Re: Masks that are actually anti fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Have you tried burning the lense? MAKO has an instructional video on how to do it.
Here's that video for the curious like me:
https://youtu.be/TxywBgSkBe4
Old 05-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #17
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

I think it is great that Mako takes the time to produce all the DIY videos that they do. They are very helpful

However, everything else I buy that's dive related is ready to use as delivered - snorkel, fins, etc., unless I specifically buy individual components that I intend to assemble myself from the get-go. Am I the only one that thinks its about time the manufacturers belly up to the bar and deliver a mask that is ready to use right out of the box?

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #18
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
I think it is great that Mako takes the time to produce all the DIY videos that they do. They are very helpful

However, everything else I buy that's dive related is ready to use as delivered - snorkel, fins, etc., unless I specifically buy individual components that I intend to assemble myself from the get-go. Am I the only one that thinks its about time the manufacturers belly up to the bar and deliver a mask that is ready to use right out of the box?
Yes.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #19
Xylophone

Quote:

It's a way to identify the newbies.
Xylophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #20
azdiver

Second that. Took about 3 years of vacationing\spearfishing together with my newbie friends for them to notice that my mask don't fog. After that I introduce toothpaste trick to them... Another couple of year to ask question - why I'm keeping my hand close to my nose when I'm going down.. Most people just not curious enough to learn basics :-)
azdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #21
bleu
Official Sponsor

Quote:

Don't forget about the middle man. They can help as well.

Masks and dive knifes are a great example. Most dive knives aren't sharp enough from the factory either. At my shop we have started prepping masks and we sharpen every knife before it leaves the door. That way I'm sure my customers get the best available product they can.
bleu is offline   Reply With Quote