Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

View Poll Results: RIB or Jet Skii
12-14' RIB ex a Zodiac 43 68.25%
2 sit down Jet skiis 20 31.75%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #61
settingsteel
1Breath,1Shot,1Kill

Re: 12'-14' RIB or 2 Jet Skiis???

Dude thats awesome...friend of mine is probably getting one this wkend at the boat show, hell I might too.
settingsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #62
K38 Rescue

Send a message via Skype™ to K38 Rescue

Right on Mike, that's groovy!

You are right about the steerage, the jet driven system on the craft you have does not have the OTS (off throttle steering) system, but you don't need it. Learn how to do pivot point turns at idle speed, soon it will not be an issue for you..slow is pro!

On youtube.com we have a few broken down training segments from our courses that give you some concept of the slow speed training. http://youtube.com/user/K38rescue

Yeah, a few tow surfers have been known to ride to Cortes on a PWC, not sure if they went both directions, but they are good for long runs. I've done runs to San Miguel Island and back from Santa Barbara (stay offshore, its a national park), and I used to go to Catalina and back on my standup to do a day trek to Avalon, and I enjoyed a 1600 mile race from Key West to New York City in 6 days, in fact there is a cult following of offshore racers, next week a 300 mile race...not uncommon. In fact if you refill your tank during the day, a rider has already breached the 100 mile mark in transits, maybe not from point A to B. The shortest endurance race is the LB2CAT Long Beach to Catalina and back. Love the endurance rides...especially in Hawai'i. Nice big open waters. (and warm), most of our rides are in storms, cold and windy, love it.
Shawn

www.K38WaterSafety.com
K38 Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #63
Gener
Jet Ski Mafia

Hey K38, since you seem to be well informed on PWC's. Do you know of a good PWC shop in the san diego area?

Funny you posted the pic of Nelz. I friends with some guys that bodyboard with him.
Gener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #64
K38 Rescue

Send a message via Skype™ to K38 Rescue

Heya..sorry about the delay, been gone....just got back from Okinawa...wow, blue clear waters, amazing, did I say warm? ...

I don't know of anyone in the SD area, but you could try the OC? Mission is off of Bake Parkway...I've been taking mine there and up to Ventura as well since my biz is closer to that way...

I could ask around a few friends in the SD area...

www.K38WaterSafety.com
K38 Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote