Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #46
Bottom Dweller
"Shizzit Stirrer"
 
Bottom Dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Odessa, FL
Age: 50
Posts: 883
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDave
http://spearboard.com/showthread.php...ght=hydrasport

If you're looking for a CC check out mine for sale at the link above. Make me an offer around $40.
Dave's boat is very nice. You need to take a look at that link!!!
Bottom Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #47
Southern Cross
Registered User
 
Southern Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 1,083
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Go ride in some catamarans before you buy anything. Twin Vee will be the easiest on the budget, and easiest to trailer.
__________________
Eat it, Everyday.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #48
Capt.Gene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Zephyrhills, Florida
Age: 69
Posts: 2,512
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Cross
Go ride in some catamarans before you buy anything. Twin Vee will be the easiest on the budget, and easiest to trailer.
I tow my Twin Vee 26' Hawaiin Fisherman model with a 1/2 ton chevy truck. The low profile and light weight make it an easy tow. I get 11 mpg while towing the dive-loaded rig down the interstate,according to the truck's computer.
This is a great riding boat for our gulf chop. Now I want the 29' model.
Capt.Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #49
SFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: venice Fl.
Posts: 44
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

There is also a 1998 28 Seavee for sale that is in your price range. It would be a perfect boat for that area. I dive with 4-5 divers all time and have plenty of room. Check it out on boatrader online or in the dive boats for sale. Located in Venice
SFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #50
Killer&Griller
What ........ I voted :)
 
Killer&Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Southport, NC
Posts: 901
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Consider a cat, pilot or walk around. Also keep in mind that the steeper the degree of deadrise on the bow, the more it cuts thru the wave instead of going over it. The main drawback is fuel eco goes down slightly. Definitely not enough to offset cost of a good ride. When you are looking around, get something that has at least a 18 degree deadrise or higher. The higher it is, the better in rough water. Going with a larger beam will make a difference at anchor and slow speeds in decent waves. (circling the spot, looking for the drop) If you are going to run guests, you will need them to be as comfortable as possible (balance) and not wind up beating on your boat. A CC will cut down the trips you make if you run any kind of distance in "off" days if weather is a factor. A pilot or walk around will help on weather and comfort. Don't sweat what it looks like, enjoy the ride. Whatever you do, don't jump into just any boat. There are tons of deals out there right now. It doesn't matter which way you go, shop hard and save a ton. One other thing, if you are going to spend 30 - 50 K, get a survey on the boat or at least have someone in the boat industry take a look before you buy. It doesn't cost that much but will help you from getting one that was damaged like Katrina or run onto a sandbar. My point is, if you aren't really familiar with boats, you probably won't notice a patch on the hull of the fiberglass or an engine problem. Call your insurance company that you are going to use, ask them who does their insurance claims, get the guys name that does the evaluations/estimates, call him directly and ask to hire him for an hour or two. It could save you a big headache down the road and is easy enough to make the sale of the boat contingent on an inspection. There is my $.03.
__________________

Spearfishing is the curse of being allergic to store bought fish.



YES........ I have a DIVE & TACKLE SHOP

YES ....... I CRUSH EVERYONE IN PRICING

Call me if you need a deal on DIVING / FISHING / HUNTING gear including GoPros.



910-802-3474 ...... Craig
Killer&Griller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #51
Alex C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 233
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer&Griller
Consider a cat, pilot or walk around. Also keep in mind that the steeper the degree of deadrise on the bow, the more it cuts thru the wave instead of going over it. The main drawback is fuel eco goes down slightly. Definitely not enough to offset cost of a good ride. When you are looking around, get something that has at least a 18 degree deadrise or higher. The higher it is, the better in rough water. Going with a larger beam will make a difference at anchor and slow speeds in decent waves. (circling the spot, looking for the drop) If you are going to run guests, you will need them to be as comfortable as possible (balance) and not wind up beating on your boat. A CC will cut down the trips you make if you run any kind of distance in "off" days if weather is a factor. A pilot or walk around will help on weather and comfort. Don't sweat what it looks like, enjoy the ride. Whatever you do, don't jump into just any boat. There are tons of deals out there right now. It doesn't matter which way you go, shop hard and save a ton. One other thing, if you are going to spend 30 - 50 K, get a survey on the boat or at least have someone in the boat industry take a look before you buy. It doesn't cost that much but will help you from getting one that was damaged like Katrina or run onto a sandbar. My point is, if you aren't really familiar with boats, you probably won't notice a patch on the hull of the fiberglass or an engine problem. Call your insurance company that you are going to use, ask them who does their insurance claims, get the guys name that does the evaluations/estimates, call him directly and ask to hire him for an hour or two. It could save you a big headache down the road and is easy enough to make the sale of the boat contingent on an inspection. There is my $.03.
thanks for the advice. those are exactly some of the reasons it's been so frustrating trying to purchase a used boat. being that i am a real estate appraiser i know how shady(slick) sellers can be or at least try. i have looked at a shit load of boats and found some that i thought were a great buy untill either a mechanic or boat appraiser told me otherwise. to many reasons to list. at first i had my heart set on a CC but after some research and alot of advice i'm open to other models. was looking at the 25 seasport but cohones 100k asking price. new of course but still out of my league for now. thanks for all the advice (opinions) i really am grateful being that i don't know too much about boats it's nice to hear from expierenced boaters.
__________________
Alex
Alex C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #52
Bulit7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,430
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Just found this thread.

Stay away prom the pro cats, they pound like crazy. A friend owns a sailfish 26', around 60K, nice boat, twin 200 yamaha four strokes. Enclosed head, cc. Quality is what you would expect from a $60k 26' cc. A good compromise and rides well. A lot to be said for a new boat. Century's are about the same.

I deal with yacht management so pm me if you want to know anything in particular about almost any boat out there.

Lee
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #53
Alex C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 233
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

pm sent.
__________________
Alex
Alex C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #54
HurricaneBK
Registered User
 
HurricaneBK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,311
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Yet another boat to consider, and i was in the same boat as you about 6 months ago.

I ended up going with a 26 foot mako cc, most of the center consoles i rode in seemed pretty similar in ride quality. Great boat, i've never trailered a boat before and learned how within a couple weeks. Definitely check one out if you see one in your price range.
HurricaneBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #55
Alex C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 233
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneBK View Post
Yet another boat to consider, and i was in the same boat as you about 6 months ago.

I ended up going with a 26 foot mako cc, most of the center consoles i rode in seemed pretty similar in ride quality. Great boat, i've never trailered a boat before and learned how within a couple weeks. Definitely check one out if you see one in your price range.
what year?? what's pushing her?? and if you don't mind what was the asking and purchase price?? does yours have a head?? thanks

Alex
__________________
Alex
Alex C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #56
HurricaneBK
Registered User
 
HurricaneBK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,311
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIGGY View Post
what year?? what's pushing her?? and if you don't mind what was the asking and purchase price?? does yours have a head?? thanks

Alex
mine is an 07 with twin 175 verados and was about 100k, yeah it has a head in the center console. Just the basic setup for a 26 footer on makos website with a single 225 engine is like 56k new. I'm sure theres great deals on used ones, and one of their selling points seems to be the fact that their are still a lot of used, old, and really old makos out there that still work really well.
HurricaneBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #57
Alex C.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 233
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneBK View Post
mine is an 07 with twin 175 verados and was about 100k, yeah it has a head in the center console. Just the basic setup for a 26 footer on makos website with a single 225 engine is like 56k new. I'm sure theres great deals on used ones, and one of their selling points seems to be the fact that their are still a lot of used, old, and really old makos out there that still work really well.
100k CONIO!!! translation HOLY SHIIIIIIT. thanks for the info but for now 100k out of my league. think i found a great boat at a great price. if all is good should have it by the weekend.
__________________
Alex
Alex C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #58
PropMan
Senior Member
 
PropMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Juno Bch FL
Age: 60
Posts: 2,896
Send a message via Yahoo to PropMan Send a message via Skype™ to PropMan
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

Try looking at a Cat Boat ,like a twin Vee 22ft or 25 , they ride like
wind.Plenty of room and very comfortable to be on in rough sea's.
Through a couple of suzuki 4 strokes and your laughing.Good Luck !!!
If you have any propquestion ,feel free to pick some brains.I have a
duel consol space craft 24 foot , great dive boat,open bow etc.
My next boat will definitly be a cat boat twin hull.
PropMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #59
apnea_beast
Registered User
 
apnea_beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: tampa bay/RI
Posts: 791
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

checkout craigslist.com
apnea_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #60
GhostWhite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lake worth florida
Posts: 78
Send a message via AIM to GhostWhite
Re: In Search Of The Perfect Boat.....

definatly check out the twin vee if your trying to combine fishing and diving. the walk around style will give you plenty of below deck storage and keep you dry in the cold while providing you with a huge cockpit to work w/ while gearing up of fishing! the ride... unreal!
GhostWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com