Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Ater22

Looking to chase BFT

Looking for a ride to chase BFT and paddy hop this summer out of SD! Will split gas and help clean boat etc...
I have a 65 inch, 5 band hatch custom tuna cannon that you’re more than welcome to use if I’m invitined. Thank you
Ater22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Ater22

Re: Looking to chase BFT

178 views and not one reply? Tough crowd
Old 06-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
VangysWay

Ryan Sweeney will get you on the fish.

https://brinkexpeditions.com/
Old 06-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
HEX
Hector F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ater22 View Post
Tough crowd? First off you have 35 posts, no one knows you so don't feel entitled. Second if you're really determined charter a boat. No one owes you nothing.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
Ater22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEX View Post
Tough crowd? First off you have 35 posts, no one knows you so don't feel entitled. Second if you're really determined charter a boat. No one owes you nothing.
And who the hell are you?!? Lol Key board warrior talking trash to someone they don’t know and makinig assumptions. Entitled and someone owes me something? Where’d you pull that out of your ass? ****ing pricks like you are the reason Californians have such a bad reputation when comes to hospitality. You make the rest of us look bad. If you don’t have anything positive to contribute to conversation stay the hell out of it.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
Ater22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VangysWay View Post
Ryan Sweeney will get you on the fish.

https://brinkexpeditions.com/
Thanks. Really can’t afford doing a charter right now. Uncle Sam doesn’t pay well
Old 06-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #7
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Quote:
And who the hell are you?!? Lol Key board warrior talking trash to someone they don’t know and makinig assumptions. Entitled and someone owes me something? Where’d you pull that out of your ass? ****ing pricks like you are the reason Californians have such a bad reputation when comes to hospitality. You make the rest of us look bad. If you don’t have anything positive to contribute to conversation stay the hell out of it.
HAHAHAHA you nailed it man... spot on. HEX has been wrecking the reputation of spearo's for a long time....
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #8
Mendicant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ater22
Mendicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #9
HEX
Hector F.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, just saying you sounded pretty bothered nobody responded to your thread. It sounded to me like you expected us boat owners to automatically invite you because you post some thread online, and when no one replied to you, you say tough crowd? I have invited strangers in the past on my new Parker 2320 but the way you sound entitled just rubbed me the wrong way.

Alashaman not sure what you're on about but please speak for yourself.

Last edited by HEX; 06-11-2018 at 07:51 PM.
HEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #10
LookPointShoot

It's not that people aren't hospitable, it's that most people lucky enough to have a boat capable of chasing tuna on also have about a hundred friends who are dying to chase them.

I get the chance to chase tuna occasionally. It's not that I wouldn't love to take a newbie or some stranger on spearboard out and help put them on one. My first and closest dive buddy was a guy I randomly linked up with here. It's just that when it comes to tuna, everyone's clamoring to go, so you have a lot of competition. I already feel super guilty having to pick one friend the one or two times a year I get a chance to invite someone.

And I think the 178 views (I guess more now) were looking to help guide you to a charter or clubs where you could pay to go, or meet people to hopefully have the fortune of an invite.
LookPointShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #11
dctrjayyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookPointShoot View Post
It's not that people aren't hospitable, it's that most people lucky enough to have a boat capable of chasing tuna on also have about a hundred friends who are dying to chase them.

I get the chance to chase tuna occasionally. It's not that I wouldn't love to take a newbie or some stranger on spearboard out and help put them on one. My first and closest dive buddy was a guy I randomly linked up with here. It's just that when it comes to tuna, everyone's clamoring to go, so you have a lot of competition. I already feel super guilty having to pick one friend the one or two times a year I get a chance to invite someone.

And I think the 178 views (I guess more now) were looking to help guide you to a charter or clubs where you could pay to go, or meet people to hopefully have the fortune of an invite.
what this guy said. every time i'm lucky enough to get the time to go chase tuna i've got a list of people that are waiting to go. i have to not invite great divers and good buddies because of room. this is even with my shitty boat and even worse attitude. now when i tell them we're going to shoot calicos along the coast in the winter, crickets.
dctrjayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
Jsantos3875

message me.
Jsantos3875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #13
Thumper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctrjayyy View Post
what this guy said. every time i'm lucky enough to get the time to go chase tuna i've got a list of people that are waiting to go. i have to not invite great divers and good buddies because of room. this is even with my shitty boat and even worse attitude. now when i tell them we're going to shoot calicos along the coast in the winter, crickets.

Well if you ever get crickets again give me a call. I'll chase anything that swims, crawls or flutters
Thumper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #14
Lompoc Local
Errin

As a boat owner myself I face this issue on a constant basis.

Fact is when I consider who to take out, I want someone I am familiar with, someone who knows my program and my boat, someone I don't have to babysit, someone I have fun with and who can contribute to enjoying our time in the water and someone that I trust.

That rarely equates to a stranger. And like all boat owners, I have a hard enough time taking out all my friends, let alone someone I've never met, let alone someone with no reputation or contribution.

Take this thread for what it is man. You should go to your local club meetings and start to network before asking for an extra ticket to the Super Bowl...

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #15
VangysWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompoc Local View Post
As a boat owner myself I face this issue on a constant basis.

Fact is when I consider who to take out, I want someone I am familiar with, someone who knows my program and my boat, someone I don't have to babysit, someone I have fun with and who can contribute to enjoying our time in the water and someone that I trust.

That rarely equates to a stranger. And like all boat owners, I have a hard enough time taking out all my friends, let alone someone I've never met, let alone someone with no reputation or contribution.

Take this thread for what it is man. You should go to your local club meetings and start to network before asking for an extra ticket to the Super Bowl...
I'm still waiting for my invite