Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
Mxgrogg

Question HowTo remove Cressi Geronimo Elite Mech?

Hello all!

I took a rather unfortunate roll in the shallow surf the other day with my CG Elite, and now it won't fire, probably from the multiple pounds of sand I decided to force into the mech.

I'm having a hard time removing the mech from the molded composite handle and need your help with some steps please.

So far I have taken apart the handle, removed the safety, punched out the rear cotter pin and lifted up on the mech from the space behind the trigger. It popps up the line holder, and also lifts up the rear of the mech about 1/2 an inch, but the front of the mech binds, staying put and I cannot figure out why. It is almost like the front is getting caught on the trigger tension roller.

What am I missing?

Have you all been able to remove the mech and clean it, or is it somehow permanently installed in there?

Thank you all for your help.

-mxgrogg-

Last edited by Mxgrogg; 02-20-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: question mark neede in the title
Mxgrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Carlo

Re: HowTo remove Cressi Geronimo Elite Mech

Let me know if you get your gun dialed... I just bought a 95 Geronimo from a dude on CL last night and playing with it today realize the trigger / safety is all jacked up and seizing. Let me know how your rehab worked out.

Thanks,

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
spearVibes

When sand gets in mine I try and like "power wash" it with a house from the top and underneath, then I give it a good dousing of wd40, after it sits for a bit I'm usually able to work out the sand by jiggling the trigger and reseting the sear with the shaft a few time then hit it with more spray.
I've avoided having to cross the take apart a euro bridge with this method once or twice
spearVibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Carlo

Sweet Ill try that!