Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #46
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

So I'm curious what Patagonia's response was.......
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #47
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra
 
miguelitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: el norte... hijueputa
Age: 40
Posts: 1,321
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptuna View Post
So I'm curious what Patagonia's response was.......
Patagonia's response is what any business's response should be. Hire on a spokesman or women to try to grab a market share from any group you can while doing whatever it is you can to keep the market share you already have despite hipocrisy. A business is in the business of making money and only fund causes as advertisement. Or perhaps I'm jaded as i really don't run my business that way and I know there are many others who do not but to fund mlpa and hire an "ambassador" is a business decision, not a moral one.

Mike
__________________
IGAF
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #48
kimi werner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

I've asked around at Patagonia and everyone seems to think it was an interview with Yvon about his personal opinion that was published. No one seems to recall any Patagonia initiative or funding given to support the MLPA. Some even said they recall the Patagonia cardiff store having a petition against it. Will let you know if I hear more.
kimi werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #49
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimi werner View Post
I've asked around at Patagonia and everyone seems to think it was an interview with Yvon about his personal opinion that was published. No one seems to recall any Patagonia initiative or funding given to support the MLPA. Some even said they recall some the Patagonia cardiff store having a petition against it. Will let you know if I hear more.
That would be greatly appreciated
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #50
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
Patagonia's response is what any business's response should be. Hire on a spokesman or women to try to grab a market share from any group you can while doing whatever it is you can to keep the market share you already have despite hipocrisy. A business is in the business of making money and only fund causes as advertisement. Or perhaps I'm jaded as i really don't run my business that way and I know there are many others who do not but to fund mlpa and hire an "ambassador" is a business decision, not a moral one.

Mike
I agree. Hopefully some good can come out of this.
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #51
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

No word from Patagonia???? Typical. Just don't say anything and hope they forget.
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #52
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

I smell sell out. I've waited for a response from Patagonia through Kimi and she beat around the bush and never really got an answer. Actions speak louder than words my friends. I know where I stand with Patagonia and Kimi Werner.
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #53
unkabonka
Registered User
 
unkabonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OC
Posts: 2,239
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptuna View Post
I smell sell out. I've waited for a response from Patagonia through Kimi and she beat around the bush and never really got an answer. Actions speak louder than words my friends. I know where I stand with Patagonia and Kimi Werner.
^ Drama queen

What else do you want from her, she is just a spokesperson, not in management or corporate strategy, I think she has spoken her side here adequately.
unkabonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #54
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkabonka View Post
^ Drama queen

What else do you want from her, she is just a spokesperson, not in management or corporate strategy, I think she has spoken her side here adequately.
I guess you are entitled to your opinion and allowed to just be a push over about the MPA's

She does make money with the company correct?
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #55
unkabonka
Registered User
 
unkabonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: OC
Posts: 2,239
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptuna View Post
i guess you are entitled to your opinion and allowed to just be a push over about the mpa's



I totally agree that Patagonia founder is a misguided enviro d-bag.

Just read his Op-ed on the MLPA, it will make your blood boil: http://www.independent.com/news/2010...n-health-care/

I just don't think it's this woman's fault. She arrived on the scene post MLPA and is promoting our sport/lifestyle (albeit, for a corporation and their "kooky" marketing campaign). She has said that she is against closures, and anyone who spearfishes is obviously against closures... if this goes the way it's trending, to have spearfishing be "cool and mainstream" at this rate we will gather more constituents to overturn the MPAs.

But yeah, YVON CHOUINARD and his hippy enviro cabal are full of **** and I hate them for their support of MLPA.

Last edited by unkabonka; 08-04-2013 at 12:50 AM.
unkabonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #56
laguna80
El Capitan
 
laguna80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: D.C.
Age: 35
Posts: 1,450
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkabonka View Post



I totally agree that Patagonia founder is a misguided enviro d-bag.

Just read his Op-ed on the MLPA, it will make your blood boil: http://www.independent.com/news/2010...n-health-care/

I just don't think it's this woman's fault. She arrived on the scene post MLPA and is promoting our sport/lifestyle (albeit, for a corporation and their "kooky" marketing campaign). She has said that she is against closures, and anyone who spearfishes is obviously against closures... if this goes the way it's trending, to have spearfishing be "cool and mainstream" at this rate we will gather more constituents to overturn the MPAs.

But yeah, YVON CHOUINARD and his hippy enviro cabal are full of **** and I hate them for their support of MLPA.
That was utterly ridiculous!
__________________
Put a pregnant woman in water and she becomes a human submarine.
laguna80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #57
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkabonka View Post



I totally agree that Patagonia founder is a misguided enviro d-bag.

Just read his Op-ed on the MLPA, it will make your blood boil: http://www.independent.com/news/2010...n-health-care/

I just don't think it's this woman's fault. She arrived on the scene post MLPA and is promoting our sport/lifestyle (albeit, for a corporation and their "kooky" marketing campaign). She has said that she is against closures, and anyone who spearfishes is obviously against closures... if this goes the way it's trending, to have spearfishing be "cool and mainstream" at this rate we will gather more constituents to overturn the MPAs.

But yeah, YVON CHOUINARD and his hippy enviro cabal are full of **** and I hate them for their support of MLPA.
For sure. She said she stands on our side but that was it. I dunno personally if I found out something about a company I associated with helped take away something from people well.........
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #58
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra
 
miguelitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: el norte... hijueputa
Age: 40
Posts: 1,321
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

I support spearboard and spearfishing in general by being a member here though I am afiliated with a group where I get money for reporting any questionable post or post that can further said group's agenda to close down your fishery. if you guys could make some questionable posts so I, as a lifelong spearfisherman and international ambassador who has done much good for the sport, can further **** my buddies in CA, that would be great for my bank account and all y'all be damned.
Mike
ps that is satire
pps besa me culo Patagonia y MLPA. from a native San Diegan who left to find a place where my kids can still fish the beach in front of their house
__________________
IGAF
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #59
toptuna
Registered User
 
toptuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santuckee
Age: 35
Posts: 6,829
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
I support spearboard and spearfishing in general by being a member here though I am afiliated with a group where I get money for reporting any questionable post or post that can further said group's agenda to close down your fishery. if you guys could make some questionable posts so I, as a lifelong spearfisherman and international ambassador who has done much good for the sport, can further **** my buddies in CA, that would be great for my bank account and all y'all be damned.
Mike
ps that is satire
pps besa me culo Patagonia y MLPA. from a native San Diegan who left to find a place where my kids can still fish the beach in front of their house
Good for you.

I hope she is making a lot of money cause during lobster season I used to pull limits of lobster but now that spot is closed for no good reason. I get 1 or 2 lobster now since all the spots are flooded with divers.
__________________
BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM
toptuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #60
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra
 
miguelitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: el norte... hijueputa
Age: 40
Posts: 1,321
Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

My nephews and neices can no longer walk to the beach(Law St. in PB) in front of their Grandma's house to catch and release perch after school. I guess they should grow up on video games and videos of paid ambassadors fishing aroung the world.
Mike
__________________
IGAF
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com