Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 02-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #241
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Got lucky to be in the right place at the right time - I bought some Tilray @25.74 last Friday thinking it was going to be a good long term investment. I sold it after hours on Wednesday night @74.01

It closed at ~$32 Thursday. I plan to watch it a while and probably jump back in again for long term.
Old 02-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #242
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Iconic American gun maker Colt sold to Czech firm: https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/iconic...to-czech-firm/

I'd like to capitalize on this, but have not been able to figure it out quickly. All I've found so far is CZGZF stock OTC that closed at $17.01 on January 20th. I have not found any charts or anything else. If somebody else has better insight please post or send me a PM. Thanks!

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.

Last edited by Gary H; 02-14-2021 at 09:32 AM.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:03 AM   #243
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

I got caught holding the bag when I got into LODE at $3.50 but that's OK, I knew the company was worth it. Anywho, it popped to $10 this morning. Got out at $8.40.
I might buy this again if it bottoms hard enough to suit me. The company has some good fundamentals.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 02-17-2021 at 06:29 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:25 AM   #244
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Iconic American gun maker Colt sold to Czech firm: https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/iconic...to-czech-firm/

I'd like to capitalize on this, but have not been able to figure it out quickly. All I've found so far is CZGZF stock OTC that closed at $17.01 on January 20th. I have not found any charts or anything else. If somebody else has better insight please post or send me a PM. Thanks!
Considering CZs quality versus Colts decline in QC and habitual financial mishaps this MIGHT be a good thing.
I own some colt pistols when quality was never an issue.Also own a CZ Bobwhite 16ga. SXS (older version)still unfired.The gun is very well made on fit and finish.Plan was to go shooting Pheasants with it in Montana with my buddy.I dont want to bust brush here for quail with it.Got an old Winchester 20 ga. that has some character already.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #245
OBLIGATED

The Crypto I bought has FINALLY shown some potential.Wish I had put more in but I had renovation on the house(STILL not done)Two boats to get ready for sale,investing in my kids kennel and dealing with the MILs cancer has stretched me more than Im comfortable with.
Relative came by this morning to go spread my MILs ashes and saw the pontoon.I guess its theirs after I put the new stereo system in and a few other items I bought to upgrade the boat.
Going to look at a 32ft sailboat on a cradle trailer and see if its worth the effort.My niece and her husband live in a tiny home he built in Washington state so this sailboat may be a good fit for their plans.
I need a few days in warm weather and possibly a few cold beers and a nice cigar.Tomorrows low is going to be 18.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #246
Marcus

Commodities are going crazy. TGB has been doing me well. Silver has broken a significant resistance level
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Last edited by Marcus; 02-22-2021 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #247
Marcus

#SILVERSQUEEZE

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

This is getting very interesting. Central bankers have started wars over stuff like this.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:06 PM   #248
Marcus

Organized crime. They should be prosecuted under the RICO act but there isn't a justice system left that will do it.

SEC Suspends Trading In 15 Companies Due To "Questionable Trading And Social Media Activity"
Old 03-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #249
OBLIGATED

I bought about 1000 ft of cattle fence for my kids property.He is dividing up the property for the beef.Got five hogs coming in a few weeks.My chickens are going to his barn and he is going to get a 100 egg incubator.
I guess Im nominated to digging a couple ponds with a excavator for trout and catfish and opening a spring for the cattle to drink.
Not going to be a big profit but I wont be buying meat anymore and it will be healthy animals.
He has a LOT of quartz on the property so I may have the grand kids start classifying the pond dig material for Grandpa.They wont be happy.
Probably going to get a metal building/Barn for the French Bulldogs to have the babies and for customers to play with their puppy they pick.
Son wants to get Goats also for meat sales.Goats are a pain in the ass but that will be his problem.Been there done that.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #250
OBLIGATED

Warm weather!Going to hit 70 today and sunnyI ordered cables for shift/throttle for the pontoon and they came just in time for nice weather.Going to order a double SUP rack to hold some boards.
Going to use it till it sells.
Supposed to stretch wire for the beef but I still may get some evening fishing in.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #251
OBLIGATED

Had decent weather for a shakedown cruise.Going to rebuild carbs.Float was sticking on one carb.
She got us out for a few hours and back with no real issues.Wanted to stay out later and fish but the wife wasnt going to cooperate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pontoonstern.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	246766   Click image for larger version

Name:	pontoonconsole.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	246767   Click image for larger version

Name:	pontoontrailer.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	246768   Click image for larger version

Name:	pontoonback.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	246769   Click image for larger version

Name:	pontooncolorado.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	246770  

Old 03-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #252
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I got caught holding the bag when I got into LODE at $3.50 but that's OK, I knew the company was worth it. Anywho, it popped to $10 this morning. Got out at $8.40.
I might buy this again if it bottoms hard enough to suit me. The company has some good fundamentals.
I'm back in around 4.50. So far, so good. It appears to have consolidated.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #253
OBLIGATED

Son rented an excavator so this weekend I got to open up a spring and dig a small pond to water livestock and tear out brush and old fencing by the barn.I have not ran heavy equipment other than Bobcats for about 20 years.Like riding a bike.Start out slow and get your feel for it and the next day you pay!
Son wanted to get Angus but Im trying to steer him toward Herefords.
Return on the work is not quick on the beef or other animals but there is a modest return.
Hoping the French Bulldog comes into heat again next month.She didnt take the last one.Stud is Platinum color(white/silver).Again for me its a wait for my pup to be ready to breed.Dogs have three litters and are fixed.Pups are around 10k though.I may buy a female from another line to add to the kennels blood line.Ugly little dogs but they are very friendly and small.Small is good because its less food to buy and smaller turds to clean up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	herford.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	246787  
Old 03-24-2021, 08:15 AM   #254
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Cow patties, the original Frisbee

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:03 PM   #255
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Cow patties, the original Frisbee
LOL,When I was a kid on my Grandfathers Dairy farm we threw them.We had friends come up to visit from Floriduh we would kick the wet ones for shits n giggles and introduce them to the electric fence wire on the hog pen.
Picked up these babies today with some ducklings and turkeys.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	baconbits.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	246798