Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 09-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr
Coos Bay/Sunset Bay Spearo/Speara Meetup next wknd

Next wknd is the CoosBay/SunsetBay/CapeArago Meetup. See Event in right hand column of FB. The wife and I will be there TH night thru Sunday in A29 RV site at Sunset Bay state park about 4 min. walk from the Bay picnic area. Feel free to visit and hang out at our site. Friday and Sat nights best for potluck/bounty of the sea. William has a dive boat and crab cooking gear. Bounty of the sea can include 20-50 lb Calibuts @ shallower than 35 ft, crab, perch, gaper and other clams, stripers maybe.

For updates and more info, see Pacific NW Spearboard Facebook version which has pretty much taken over 95% of traffic from this forum.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
juanacity
John

Re: Coos Bay/Sunset Bay Spearo/Speara Meetup next wknd

Should be a great time. Have fun.

Please post a report if anyone gets a California halibut or striper. Last weekend I was sight see snorkeling (no gun) down a salmon river in Washington and took the current into the surf zone. I was watching a huge school of red tail perch in ~3 ft of water when I saw a much bigger fish schooling with the perch and thought it must be salmon. Came closer and saw it was a striped bass! Around 3ft long. Had no idea they made it this far north. Close, fast action hunting for big fish in the shallow surf zone sounds pretty entertaining to me!

Not my video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0pDHA2KEQ
juanacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr

Hey, haven't heard from you in a while. that was an amazing sighting. From what I've read Coos Bay is supposed to be the very northerly limit of stripers. Many more in Central Cali . 3 ft long is BIG. The cali record for striped bass is 67 lbs.
BTW - this board has pretty much died. Everyone moved over the the facebook version.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
Aquatic Hunter
Tom

Leigh and John, I hope to meet you guys some time in the future. I appreciated your posts.

Leigh, good luck at the meetup.

John, that's exciting news about the Striped Bass. I'm headed out to the Washington coast this weekend so I'll give that a go.

Thanks,
Tom