Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Richard59

Vero/Fort Pierce Viz and Temp report?

I see the paper says the thermocline has moved out; anyone one go out over the weekend?
Richard59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
Richard59

Re: Vero/Fort Pierce Viz and Temp report?

I just got back from Hatt's Dive shop (Melbourne), I talked to two different divers. One dove 50' out of Sebastian, with top to bottom viz. The water was cooler, but no thermocline. Another diver said it was clear everywhere he dove. Both divers dove this past weekend. Looks very promising for tomorrow!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
joespy66

Went out last night and was very disappointed. The weather was way worse than forecast. Wind was stiff from the south. Decent swell from SE. Together it was a washing machine. Vis got better the deeper you went but lots of gunk hanging in the water. We had 20' vis out in 50ft. Along the beach it was more like 2'. At least the water wasnt cold but I roasted in my full suit. Could have skinned it. I hope everyone did better than us.
joespy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
Surface Tension

Agree on the forecast. Vis out of Canaveral was poor as well, 5 foot or so. If either top or bottom conditions were better, we probably would have slogged it out, but we bagged it after one dive each.
Surface Tension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
Richard59

The area off Vero Beach was spot on, with the report from Hatt's Dive Shop. We dove today (Thursday) and had top to bottom visibility all day, clearest early in the morning. We haven't had water that clear in years off Vero. Water was warm on the surface and just a little cooler at 35 to 40 foot. Looking forward to opening season!!!

Last edited by Richard59; 07-27-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
sway21

Off vero during mini we had terrible viz only manged a few nearshore. We shot out to 30' and it was top to bottom! Only 1 bug on that spot though. Came back in and just snotty and algae everywhere packing up some of the holes.
sway21 is offline   Reply With Quote