Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #61
PigStikr
The Stalker

Re: Some Thoughts on Financial Survival

The big question is - who lit the big bang? Logic is really the key to religion. Look at Aristotle, an ancient Greek guy, wrote that There is a first unmoved mover (God). Then look at religions. Do you really believe in Sharia law? Really advanced when it comes to women's rights - recently women have been allowed to beat other women to death with canes. How about little kimmy? Claims to be God. So did his dad and his dad is dead. How about the bible? Some people believe because 'the bible tells me so'. Does anybody really believe the apostles went around handing out bibles? Now look at Christ. Everything he did, how he was born, how he would die, and many, many other things were predicted precisely in the Torah, and I doubt the Jews would have changed it to suit him. The apostles went around preaching, refusing to recant, and knowing full well they would die unpleasantly as a result. Do you really think they would do that if they hadn't witnessed the miracles? They established a church, and the church eventually published bibles, and the bible was essentially unchanged until luther. Luther decided the clergy was corrupt (all leaders are, look at Christ vs. the pharasees), and thus he wrote his own bible based upon his own beliefs. My vote goes for Christ, the apostles and the original bible.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:18 PM   #62
mfarrell

This will be an interesting thread in couple months. Predictions of either a depression or market rebounding to 30k, polar extremes. If one hates trump its a depression, if one doesn't its a rebound lol. We will see what happens.
mfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #63
PigStikr
The Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Me, I have become side-tracked from investing to investigating the run on toilet paper..a communist plot?...
I have a roll of toilet paper with barack hussein's picture on every sheet. Now THAT would be abrasive!
Speaking to the original topic, the virus, Xi has accused USA of spreading it to China. There is some truth in that. Workers Zhengli Shi and Xing-Yi Ge at China's only level 4 bioweapons lab recently returned from a US lab where strains with the same biomarkers were developed. Their lab, located (naturally) right in the middle of a huge population center, was 100 yards from the outbreak. Their top researcher wrote a paper on the development, but the outbreak was covered up until she could write another paper explaining it all away.
Virus Made In China
Then things got interesting. The top Chinese doctor responsible for the response blew the whistle on his deathbed. A couple months later a Chinese periodical published his account (they call it 'carrying the whistle'). Of course Xi's status as 'god' would have suffered as a result, so it was immediately recalled. That is where things got entertaining.
Since China censors everything (with google's help), bloggers turned to creative ways of dissemination, including barcodes, emojis, morse code, and even opening screen-rolls from star wars.
Getting Past Chinese and Google Censors

Bats were hibernating during the outbreak, BTW.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #64
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

You got it pretty much right, IMO. All the effects of this thing accomplishes the documented globalists' agenda.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #65
Bob Ballew

...Where is Putin's position and statements on all this? They have a whole city block of buildings where nothing occurs except for the development of germ warfare. China is just as big a threat to Russian communism as the free world is to Putin's quest for dominance (i.e. - you can't have two captains running the same World boat). When unexplained germs come forth, it may well have come from behind the iron curtain....of course, I will be accused of being a doomsday quack.... But, questioning minds should examine all options...China makes a hell of a good test lab...
...Then, there is the second secret government within our own government...known as the CIA.. where anyone who dares front off any of their illegal activities is instantly charged with a violation of the Espionage Act by DOJ and is hustled off to prison or, left in fear of imprisonment for years, after 20 heavily armed agents kick in their front door at 5 a.m. when all they had to do was knock. This type of corruption may be the real threat to our freedom and way of life. When police and government can hide behind the law, our Constitution and the Bill of Rights become worthless pieces of paper.
...Anytime there is a black cloud, I always ask, who or what, is behind it? Or, is it just a corporate plan to run up the price of toilet paper???

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-15-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:14 PM   #66
Alfonso

Hey! All you Wankers,

This is the California SPEARFISHING thread. All you sky wizard worshippers and money changers, GET A ROOM!, somewhere else.

FFSA
Alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #67
Bob Ballew

...Alfonso, if this virus kills us off, you won't have worry about what is posted on Spearboard...I made it clear when I posted that it was about surviving to hell thru this, both financially and physically so we can all afford to go diving, hopefully in good health....if you are offended, go to the other site where all they post is a few blurbs about spearfishing...Right now, we have more serious issues to discuss....like how you will be able to afford to dive, if you no longer can go to work and pay your bills, including gas for your boat...So, you will just have to bear with us....or, don't bother reading my posts....a good solution for all my self-appointed critics...

However, in all fairness to Alfonso, I can understand his frustration with no diving reports...between non-stop bad weather and bad news, there hasn't been much positive news on the diving front...hopefully, that will change soon...on both fronts....There are now Bluefin outside the Coronado islands and points due west. But, as usual, my critics will argue I post sacred information best kept within the tribe..irregardless of the fact, all the hook and line guys already have the info....I can't win...

I try to post stuff with some tongue in cheek humor to lighten things up a bit, but, this is a deadly situation that may lock us all down in our homes for the next 3 months. You better have a plan...

...Finally!!...Good news for many of us...The Fed drastically dropped the interest rate today (Sunday, when they should be closed). They are trying to put on the brakes to stop a recession that could slide into a depression unless drastic actions are taken..For first time home buyers, this could drop your monthly payment by $400 to $700 less than payments three months ago.....For homeowners, if you can drop your mortgage rate by at least a half a percent, now is the time to go for it! This is the time to apply for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage, the cheapest, safest and most predictable way to finance real estate thru the ups and downs of our economy..Look closely at the closing costs from each lender...That is where they always slide in garbage fees to boost their profits...
...With the savings, you can talk your wife or better half into some new dive gear....or, perhaps, a new boat!....This just may be the silver lining inside a dark cloud....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-15-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #68
popgun pete

Sure fire protection from the virus, or maybe a fire at some time in the future if householders' "stock holdings" of this stuff remains high.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet Paper frenzy.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	245150  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:44 PM   #69
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Sure fire protection from the virus, or maybe a fire at some time in the future if householders' "stock holdings" of this stuff remains high.
lol...I went to the grocery store today. I am saddened by my fellow mans' actions. Yep...toilet paper and cleaning supplies were wrecked.
I bought some more dried beans than usual and some canned goods but am not wiggin' out.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:16 PM   #70
Alfonso

Quote:
...Alfonso, if this virus kills us off, you won't have worry about what is posted on Spearboard...I made it clear when I posted that it was about surviving to hell thru this, both financially and physically so we can all afford to go diving, hopefully in good health....if you are offended, go to the other site where all they post is a few blurbs about spearfishing...Right now, we have more serious issues to discuss....like how you will be able to afford to dive, if you no longer can go to work and pay your bills, including gas for your boat...So, you will just have to bear with us....or, don't bother reading my posts....a good solution for all my self-appointed critics...

However, in all fairness to Alfonso, I can understand his frustration with no diving reports...between non-stop bad weather and bad news, there hasn't been much positive news on the diving front...hopefully, that will change soon...on both fronts....There are now Bluefin outside the Coronado islands and points due west. But, as usual, my critics will argue I post sacred information best kept within the tribe..irregardless of the fact, all the hook and line guys already have the info....I can't win...

I try to post stuff with some tongue in cheek humor to lighten things up a bit, but, this is a deadly situation that may lock us all down in our homes for the next 3 months. You better have a plan...

...Finally!!...Good news for many of us...The Fed drastically dropped the interest rate today (Sunday, when they should be closed). They are trying to put on the brakes to stop a recession that could slide into a depression unless drastic actions are taken..For first time home buyers, this could drop your monthly payment by $400 to $700 less than payments three months ago.....For homeowners, if you can drop your mortgage rate by at least a half a percent, now is the time to go for it! This is the time to apply for a 30-year fixed rate mortgage, the cheapest, safest and most predictable way to finance real estate thru the ups and downs of our economy..Look closely at the closing costs from each lender...That is where they always slide in garbage fees to boost their profits...
...With the savings, you can talk your wife or better half into some new dive gear....or, perhaps, a new boat!....This just may be the silver lining inside a dark cloud....
Dearest Robert,

Meanwhile, until we all die, there's a place for this type of conversation on Spearboard, and it's NOT in California Spearfishing. Please, dear Sir, put it where it belongs.

Thanking you in advance,

(not worried, offended, or frustrated) Alfonso
Old 03-16-2020, 01:34 AM   #71
PigStikr
The Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
Dearest Robert,
Meanwhile, until we all die, there's a place for this type of conversation on Spearboard, and it's NOT in California Spearfishing. Please, dear Sir, put it where it belongs.
Thanking you in advance,
(not worried, offended, or frustrated) Alfonso
Hey Alfonso, relax and enjoy the ride. Bob has posted a lot of very useful information here on SB and I don't think an off-forum post here and there will diminish his over 6000 posts of information.
I see you have been registered here for over 4 years, yet you have contributed only 15 posts, none of them showing a dead fish on the end of a spear. It looks like you are from SF, it would be interesting to see you start a thread on your adventures there. Baja maybe? It seems you go there as well. You wouldn't have to give out your secret spots, just some shots and technique.
Since fuel prices should be plummeting, might be a good time to head down there, if they don't close the border.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:19 AM   #72
Alfonso

Hey Mr. Stalker,

You know what happens when you assume.
If I want to post about Baja, I'll do it in "Other International."

Always Relaxed,

Alfonso
Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #73
Bob Ballew

It would appear that Alfonso is so hung up on one way to do things, he can't see the forest for the trees..like, who is reading the other sections, if anyone? Me thinks Alfonso just likes to stir the pot and see himself posted, even if it is negative and of no use in the current situation... The Germans had this outlook in WW2 and look where it got them.... Me, I am too old to change and too damn brain damaged to care....must be too much coffee...The monitors can remove or transfer my posts at anytime they feel it is called for...no hard feelings on my part...My wife would love to see me get off the computer and sell my expensive to own boat so we can start fully enjoying retirement without me getting sidetracked....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-16-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #74
Alfonso

Dearest Robert,

While the shelves may be void of toilet paper, I'm sure, if you look hard enough, you can find some Kleenex to wipe those tears.
Perhaps if you posted your valuable opinions in the other sections, where they belong, people will frequent them more.

Again, thanking you in advance for putting it where it belongs,

(neither hung up, negative, or Nazi) Alfonso
Old 03-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #75
SEATUX

Quote:
Me thinks Alfonso just likes to stir the pot and see himself posted,
Said the Pompous ass with 6,281 posts to the member who has a whopping 17 posts?
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote